bomber thompson doesn't read sainsational

reckons no one has picked up on the fact that his former assistant has taught the saints to play like his cats...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: bomber thompson doesn't read sainsational

stinger wrote:reckons no one has picked up on the fact that his former assistant has taught the saints to play like his cats...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was in Geelong this morning and saw the article in the Geelong Advertisor.

He reckons that we are playing like Geelong because of Tudor.

Living in Geelong and not being a Cats supporter must be like living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles.

He might be a little nervous too, as sides usually do well against a side where an assistant has come from.

Inside info is a valuable source in the modern game.

Leo.J wrote:He might be a little nervous too, as sides usually do well against a side where an assistant has come from.

Inside info is a valuable source in the modern game.

f****** hope so..... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr X from the West

Mr Magic wrote:Living in Geelong and not being a Cats supporter must be like living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles.
Yeah, I wonder what that's like, living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles? 8-)

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"

Mr X from the West wrote:
Yeah, I wonder what that's like, living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles? 8-)
It was wonderful wasn't it on Sat 11 April 2009 and the days after it :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Mr Magic wrote:Living in Geelong and not being a Cats supporter must be like living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles.
Being in Perth in March 2008 when the AFL season started gave me a whole new insight and respect for our WA sainters.

loris wrote:
It was wonderful wasn't it on Sat 11 April 2009 and the days after it :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

i thought you were coming back to civilisation loris...........

loris wrote:

In the process stinger, just takes this old dear more time these days........... I've at least got the ladder inside the house to do some little touch up jobs before I test the market......... my only concern is my old hound, she's not in the best of health at the present and moving house might not be in her best interests at the present time.... but I'm getting closer to returning to civilisation and the joy seeing the Saints live more often :P :P :P

loris wrote:

In the process stinger, just takes this old dear more time these days........... I've at least got the ladder inside the house to do some little touch up jobs before I test the market......... my only concern is my old hound, she's not in the best of health at the present and moving house might not be in her best interests at the present time.... but I'm getting closer to returning to civilisation and the joy seeing the Saints live more often :P :P :P

i'm sure you can use your many charms to get some of those wa sainters off their tails to help you mate......i would if i was on that side of the country........the dog's a problem though........

BakesFan

At least W.A is an A.F.L State..... Try living in Central QLD and not following the bum-sniffers....It's fair dinkum 'Deliverance' country around here...... Thank GOD for a little oasis known as 'Nth Mackay SAINTS'

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)

Mr Magic wrote:he reckons that we are playing like Geelong because of Tudor.
be interested to read this article, but i can't find it on the advertiser's website.

tudor deserves kudos for helping with our forward efficiency this season, but for bomber to give him all the credit for how we are playing sounds a bit mischievous and reeks of mind games.

imo we're playing like we are now because of a lot of hard work by a lot of people over a lot of years.

on the subject of forward efficiency, how was geelong's in late september 2008?

SaintDebi

stinger wrote:reckons no one has picked up on the fact that his former assistant has taught the saints to play like his cats...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was in Geelong this morning and saw the article in the Geelong Advertisor.

He reckons that we are playing like Geelong because of Tudor.

Living in Geelong and not being a Cats supporter must be like living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles.
Trust me Mr Magic, its HARD!
And I guarrantee you today's paper was NOTHING. I actually made comment that there wasn't much cats news in the "Geelong Ablettiser" today compared to most.

hotdish

Mr Magic wrote:he reckons that we are playing like Geelong because of Tudor.
be interested to read this article, but i can't find it on the advertiser's website.

tudor deserves kudos for helping with our forward efficiency this season, but for bomber to give him all the credit for how we are playing sounds a bit mischievous and reeks of mind games.

imo we're playing like we are now because of a lot of hard work by a lot of people over a lot of years.

on the subject of forward efficiency, how was geelong's in late september 2008?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

thanks for this.

Thompson said St Kilda's blistering start to the year had grabbed the attention of the Cats' coaches, and he lauded the efforts of one-time assistant Leigh Tudor.

Tudor left the Cats at the end of last season to join the Saints as assistant to Ross Lyon.

"One thing I can't believe is that no one has spoken about Leigh Tudor leaving Geelong and being at St Kilda," he said.

"They seem to be playing like Geelong."

Asked how much influence Tudor could have on the St Kilda group, Thompson said: "I don't know, ask him."
no bomber, we're playing like st kilda.

which is not to say that tudor hasn't helped us.

howlinwolf

I reckon it must be bad to live in Adelaide or Perth and not follow the local sides but living around Geelong is very painfull.

That local rag is front page, back page Cats nearly every day of the year.

Down here it's known as ..

"The Geelong Ablettiser"

i am confused ... i thought we were playing like Sydney ... and that Lyon hasnt changed his gameplan at all ... just the players are following it?

Or is Thompson saying that it was Tudor that is actually the one who should be takling the credit for Geelongs golden run ...

I would be interested to know what year Tudor joined the Geelong coaching team.

BackFromUSA wrote:Or is Thompson saying that it was Tudor that is actually the one who should be takling the credit for Geelongs golden run
lol

BackFromUSA wrote:Or is Thompson saying that it was Tudor that is actually the one who should be takling the credit for Geelongs golden run
lol
That's what I was thinking.

Tudor was Geelong's VFL coach ... obviously he assisted with the Cats, but his main focus was his own team. Sure they had similar philosophies and gameplan ... but following Bomber's logic, then Leigh Tudor was the brains behind Geelong's success ...

He's been great with forward pressure, but make no mistake - this is Ross Lyon's team. Have a look at some of quarters in the second half of 2008, and we played similar footy to what we do now.

SaintDebi

Legendary wrote:
lol
That's what I was thinking.

Tudor was Geelong's VFL coach ... obviously he assisted with the Cats, but his main focus was his own team. Sure they had similar philosophies and gameplan ... but following Bomber's logic, then Leigh Tudor was the brains behind Geelong's success ...

He's been great with forward pressure, but make no mistake - this is Ross Lyon's team. Have a look at some of quarters in the second half of 2008, and we played similar footy to what we do now.
Those fine details don't matter to the Geelong Ablettiser. Any excuse to get their daily quota of the Cats into the paper to ram down our throats with breakfast will do.

Last year he criticised us for taking other teams' players. Now he has a problem with us taking other teams' coaches.

I think we're worrying Bomber a bit. He's not usually a big one for pregame banter.

Legendary wrote:He (Tudor) has been great with forward pressure, but make no mistake - this is Ross Lyon's team.
well bomber obviously doesn't rate ross that highly the way he's handed all the credit to tudor.

gives us some good ammunition for later in the season.

Legendary wrote:He (Tudor) has been great with forward pressure, but make no mistake - this is Ross Lyon's team.
well bomber obviously doesn't rate ross that highly the way he's handed all the credit to tudor.

gives us some good ammunition for later in the season.

bomber doesn't rate anyone...except himself........

Im confused too.

According to Mehebabble we are just a Sydney clone with Ross taking us down the flood path.....the others on here suggest we are another version of Hawthorn,.......and now Bomber with we are Geelong?

I have thought for a long time Bomber doesnt like us and he knows IF we ever got our shyte together we would be a fair dinkum challenge to hos mob. I dislike this smarmy twerp a lot.......Id love to roll them in a flag...

[quote="Mr X from the West"][quote="Mr Magic"]Living in Geelong and not being a Cats supporter must be like living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles.
:roll:[/quote]

Yeah, I wonder what that's like, living in Perth and not barracking for the Eagles? 8-)[/quote]

Must require great intelligence, not to make the same mistake as those who surround you.