For all the praise you will hear about Essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

For all the praise you will hear about Essendon

just remember a couple of things

1) We won easily - never once threatened
2) For all the rubbish about"winning" three quarters - the Dons couldn't get within three goals of us all night.
3) They had a 9 day break we had a six game break and it showed after quarter time
4) For all the supposed attacking flair of Essendon - they could only score 11 goals.

Some perspective please. We won in a cantor - in second gear and easing up.

Dont believe the hype about Essendon.

Honourable loss - pfft :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Agreed Joffa...

On a un-related note - Image if we had a player like Lovett.....He has pace to burn and definitely is a weapon.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

agree Joffa.... but hey... a '6-game break'... wow... i feel like it was only like last Monday night I saw them play!!! :) :)

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:agree Joffa.... but hey... a '6-game break'... wow... i feel like it was only like last Monday night I saw them play!!! :) :)
Please take it easy on poor OLD joffa. He's been over-doing it on the Sushi and his Kimono is too tight !!
Last edited by Eastern on Sun 17 May 2009 9:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaos theory
Club Player

just remember a couple of things

1) We won easily - never once threatened
2) For all the rubbish about"winning" three quarters - the Dons couldn't get within three goals of us all night.
3) They had a 9 day break we had a six game break and it showed after quarter time
4) For all the supposed attacking flair of Essendon - they could only score 11 goals.

Some perspective please. We won in a cantor - in second gear and easing up.

Dont believe the hype about Essendon.

Honourable loss - pfft
Well said joff...

Typical bummer supporters come out with their excuses....

They sh1t me like carltank supportes..

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I must admit I am p@*# off about how we got to play a team with a 3 day break advantage.

It was quite clear that we had heavy legs after 1/4 time and that was my concern tonight.

To our credit we gutsed it out and I'll give credit to Essendon they tried to take advantage of it, and we were good enough to hang on to our 1/4 time lead and kick goals whenever Essendon threatened.

However, if I was Westaway, I'd be telling Demetriou that if they want us playing Monday night football again that we are guaranteed of playing a team that played on the Sunday, preferably the twilight game to make it fair.

If that had have been Geelong tonight, we would have been beaten by the draw, not the team.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:agree Joffa.... but hey... a '6-game break'... wow... i feel like it was only like last Monday night I saw them play!!! :) :)
Please take it easy on poor OLD joffa. He's been over-doing it on the Sushi and his Kimono is too tight !!
Only old sheila's like you wear a kimino. Men wear a yakata.

Still I am sure you look lovely in your kimino you old woman. :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Good win.

There were signs that we were spent in the second quarter.

We were like a boxer on the ropes ducking and weaving, Essendon unable to land the killer blow, then in the last quarter our stars landed the some big hits sealing the bout.

Nothing better than beating Essendon...except maybe beating Geelong twice this year, once in round 14, and then in late September.

...one can dream.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

only need to say one thing.....six days...

well...maybe two......a win is a win is a win........ :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Nothing better than beating Essendon..

...one can dream.
Leo........Give yourself a reality check in the form of an uppercut. Have you not heard of Collingwood? Carlton? ............... !!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:On a un-related note - Image if we had a player like Lovett.....He has pace to burn and definitely is a weapon.
I'd love to know what Essendon were shopping Lovett for last year.

Easily Lovett's best game of the year. That game was a good reminder of why he cops a hard tag every week. Gram ran off him a lot and he made us pay for it. I was surprised we went for Jones on Stanton and not Lovett. I reckon Gram would have done better on Stanton than he did on Lovett. Jones does just fine on anyone.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
stinger
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Spinner wrote:On a un-related note - Image if we had a player like Lovett.....He has pace to burn and definitely is a weapon.
I'd love to know what Essendon were shopping Lovett for last year.

Easily Lovett's best game of the year. That game was a good reminder of why he cops a hard tag every week. Gram ran off him a lot and he made us pay for it. I was surprised we went for Jones on Stanton and not Lovett. I reckon Gram would have done better on Stanton than he did on Lovett. Jones does just fine on anyone.
didn't like his off field behaviour...neither did any of the other clubs as there were no takers.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
Nothing better than beating Essendon..

...one can dream.
Leo........Give yourself a reality check in the form of an uppercut. Have you not heard of Collingwood? Carlton? ............... !!
Yep fair call, but I just have an unhealthy hatred for anything Essendon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We played as well as we had too. They were very good just a couple of years off being excellent. A good solid win.

Winmar
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:Yep fair call, but I just have an unhealthy hatred for anything Essendon.
That's fair enough - so do I!

jackal
Club Player

I must have watched a different game to the posters on this thread.
the bombers were good and we were ordinary. The fact that we won could mean either a) a good team finds a way to win or b) a team like Geelong or the Hawks would pump us in a similar position. The answer will come later this September but I honestly thought that we would lose from the middle of the 2ns quarter until 4 mins to go as 1)Our skills were poor (Dockeresque b)we were well beaten from centre clearances and c)our players were clearly labouring and our pressue although ok was not like the first 7 rounds and tackles weren't sticking and they had heaps of Space (Who the fk was on McPhee...must have had a bad odour or something)!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I of course agree it was a good win, but in part that is because I think Essendon are looming as the smoky....

Solar
Saintsational Legend

agreed

look the next few weeks are going to be tough with the draw but what we need to do it keep playing tough hard football.

look we had an average night yet still won Good teams do that

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
kaos theory
Club Player

jackal wrote:I must have watched a different game to the posters on this thread.
the bombers were good and we were ordinary. The fact that we won could mean either a) a good team finds a way to win or b) a team like Geelong or the Hawks would pump us in a similar position. The answer will come later this September but I honestly thought that we would lose from the middle of the 2ns quarter until 4 mins to go as 1)Our skills were poor (Dockeresque b)we were well beaten from centre clearances and c)our players were clearly labouring and our pressue although ok was not like the first 7 rounds and tackles weren't sticking and they had heaps of Space (Who the fk was on McPhee...must have had a bad odour or something)!
What? Docker skill level? What BS.

Did you actually watch the game?

They had 3 days more rest & prep than us. We have had 7 games of hard running. We were due for a 'down' game.

Take a look at the cats wins this season. thay haven't all been that impressive. They just got over the line against the tigers at their home ground a few weeks ago.

No one here was saying the cats are crap.

Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:We played as well as we had too. They were very good just a couple of years off being excellent. A good solid win.
Spot on plugger.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Lovett was sensational - let's buy him!
They played OK but to be honest did we actually ever get into a sweat?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
saint3d
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:
jackal wrote:I must have watched a different game to the posters on this thread.
What? Docker skill level? What BS.

Did you actually watch the game?

They had 3 days more rest & prep than us. We have had 7 games of hard running. We were due for a 'down' game.

Take a look at the cats wins this season. thay haven't all been that impressive. They just got over the line against the tigers at their home ground a few weeks ago.

No one here was saying the cats are crap.
QFT