Ranking our victories

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Ranking our victories

For weeks we have been told we haven't beaten anyone. Well, now we have beaten half of the competition. Although four points is all you can win in a game I'm interested to see how people rate our victories in importance.

For me it's

1. Surprisingly Sydney. They came to play and smashed us in the first quarter. Our boys stuck with what they believed in and got the result.

2. Port Adelaide. After years of being beaten up by them at AAMI the four points was fantastic. Also despite the fact the were pretty bad against us they are still 4th on the ladder.

3. Essendon. Essendon played to the best of their abilities IMO. They were far better than in any of the other games they have played this year and we still won in a canter. Plus their extra 3 day break which obviously played a part in the result despite me not being concerned about it before the game.

4 Bulldogs. They finished third last year and are currently third on the ladder. Whats more they beat us twice last year. We wasted some opportunities and still won easily.

5. Adelaide. There were top 8 last year and at home. They pushed us to the third quarter then our relentless pressure finally broke them down. Very important to reinforce what the boys believe in after the round 1 victory. This win could be higher, but Adelaide are not traveling really well it must be said.

6. West Coast. They came across with winning form unlike the next two teams on the list. It was our biggest win of the season. Jones did a great job on Kerr giving us a quality tagger with pace.

7. Fremantle. More than anything just because they only kicked four goals (unbeilivable). Furthermore, they then won their next three so they are not totally crap.

8. Collingwood. They were never going to challenge our defense with that decimated forward line.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I'd swap Sydney with Port.....

The rest is about right.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Wow.

Thought someone might have a different point of view.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I agree with Saintsational Man - I think that game was the one that made our boys into Men!

Agree with the rest!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

What victories?

We've beaten no one. :wink:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:What victories?

We've beaten no one. :wink:
lol - well no-one abobe us as yet - lol - and if by some chance we do lose one unless it is to Geelong - that will be the day we beat someone equal to us - laterally saying - Only St Kilda can beat us - we need to bring self belief to every game!

Believe or Burn

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Wow.

Thought someone might have a different point of view.
I'd think you're about right in a football sense. Agree that the Port victory was perhaps the best.

In terms of entertainment I personally rank them:

1. Port Adelaide (Especially the first half. A huge relief to finally knock them off.)

2. Collingwood (Loved the atmosphere where I was sitting. Had a number of Collingwood supporters with me so was great fun to dig it in.)

3. Sydney (A really entertaining win to come back after being behind at the first break. Was down on level 1 reserve seating right on the wing, great atmosphere. Remember feeling a little flat come the final siren however, we let them get the last three goals or something.)

4. Fremantle (While neutral supporters will claim that the game itself may have not been all that exciting, I'll be the judge of that! Had a ball up on level two, where the crowd usually is fairly quiet. Had our whole section going crazy whenever FARREN! went anywhere near the ball. Not often are you blessed with witnessing to the opposition cheersquad wave their flags after a measly behind.)

5. Western Bulldogs (Our inaccuracy was very frustrating throughout the match. However was good fun beating one of the better sides of the last two seasons, especially considering they had it over us last year.)

6. Essendon (While a relatively dull match it felt good to be finally challenged and to watch the boys handle the game rather well. I've been waiting for one of these matches to see which of the fringe players would crack under the pressure but to their credit no single person really stood out.)

7. West Coast (Heard it was a fantastic match to attend sucks for me that I was overseas at the time. Watched the replay a few weeks later obviously knowing the score so never as much fun.)

8. Adelaide (Can't really comment as I haven't seen the game. Was at an 18th and while I snuck a glance at the scores every now and then I'd rather enjoy the night than watch the game.)

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I agree the Port game was imperative for the boys but after a summer of planning and training the Sydney win from behind would have got the boys believing in the cause.