Zac

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:zacariah is still average....

still not decent enough to shove him at fb without anyone giving him a good old hand
Actually thought he did well one on one today and also provided a steady head a couple of times when we were being wasteful with the ball.

Until today I would have agreed with you.
he did well once or twice

premiership teams have players that do it often...6-8 times a game...they make statements against their opposition...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

still not decent enough to shove him at fb without anyone giving him a good old hand
Have you seen him live yet?

:?

Works really hard off the ball, and holds his own well and truly
i havent seen him live as i dont live in melbourne otherwise i would have

still looks a bit stressed under the high ball one on one...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

He beat Bradshaw one-out twice that I noticed

Isnt that what a good defence does though? Gets back to help out? Tries to avoid having a one-out contest?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Isnt that what a good defence does though? Gets back to help out? Tries to avoid having a one-out contest?
Nah - apparently Zac is totally crap and so is JB - Bakes - Raph - and Jimmy.

Add in King as well.

S.hit - how did we ever get to 9-0 with this dud list???????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

no what we have found with zac is that people attempt to cover him knowing he is average

see people know scarlettt will do the job, people know mackie or milburn or harley will do the defensive job...they don't need sam fish or goddard or ray farran running across...

what i want to see whilst max is out is a full back...a prick fullback who gets nothing scored by noone...

paper over the cracks peoples...if you dont see it you are mad

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
rexy wrote:

Actually thought he did well one on one today and also provided a steady head a couple of times when we were being wasteful with the ball.

premiership teams have players that do it often...6-8 times a game...they make statements against their opposition...
Well from my perspective at the game today he was great.

Assured
Confident
Unable to be bullied
Punched at the right time
Assisted others whenever necessary.
Played an integral part in our back 6, both defensively and in switching defense into attacking moves.

Of course he's nowhere near as good as other teams full-backs.
I mean they all beat their opponents without assistance from their team-mates. :roll:

Scarlett always plays one out against the toughest forward. Harley, Rooke, Enright, Milburn etc never help him out.

Fletcher always picks up the most dangerous forward from the other team.

Yes, my perspective of the game is obviously flawed. I shouldn't believe what my eyes saw today.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Nah - apparently Zac is totally crap and so is JB - Bakes - Raph - and Jimmy.

Add in King as well.

S.hit - how did we ever get to 9-0 with this dud list???????
i dont know how did they???

the better players actually took it to another level of ability....the ability tat was displays in quarters at a times

the top 10 are dragging us

the bottom two will be out downfall

zac and gram are part of this...possibly 3-4-5

unproven

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rexy wrote:

Well from my perspective at the game today he was great.

Assured
Confident
Unable to be bullied
Punched at the right time
Assisted others whenever necessary.
Played an integral part in our back 6, both defensively and in switching defense into attacking moves.

Of course he's nowhere near as good as other teams full-backs.
I mean they all beat their opponents without assistance from their team-mates. :roll:

Scarlett always plays one out against the toughest forward. Harley, Rooke, Enright, Milburn etc never help him out.

Fletcher always picks up the most dangerous forward from the other team.

Yes, my perspective of the game is obviously flawed. I shouldn't believe what my eyes saw today.
scarlett beats his opponent 1-1...not 1-2, 1-3

dont give that bulls*** fletcher example...playing loose is the easiest job in the game...hell bj has a reputation for playing loose despite wht saints fans think..going to get him in an example?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

no what we have found with zac is that people attempt to cover him knowing he is average

see people know scarlettt will do the job, people know mackie or milburn or harley will do the defensive job...they don't need sam fish or goddard or ray farran running across...

what i want to see whilst max is out is a full back...a prick fullback who gets nothing scored by noone...

Were you at teh game today?
DId you see it live or watch it on tv?

Have you seen many (any) games live this season?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So you think the rest of our defence go to his rescue thinking "oh hell, we better give him a hand he'll prolly bugger it up otherwise"...whereas they'd just zone off and leave Max one-out, confident in the knowledge that he'll win every contest?????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

i was there in row 43e dj12 and i have watched 47 games this year...

why else would i give an opinion without watching the game???

oh wait 48 games i have watched the saints play

max cannot back soon enough

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

S.N.A.P.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The silence is deafening...............obviously hasn't been to a game or at least today's.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
So you think the rest of our defence go to his rescue thinking "oh hell, we better give him a hand he'll prolly bugger it up otherwise"...whereas they'd just zone off and leave Max one-out, confident in the knowledge that he'll win every contest?????
confidence with max...

no confidence with zac...heis rarely without a major contest

but of couse they go to him as suggested....

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

i dont know how did they???

the better players actually took it to another level of ability....the ability tat was displays in quarters at a times

the top 10 are dragging us

the bottom two will be out downfall

zac and gram are part of this...possibly 3-4-5

unproven
Ha ha, when I made original post I wasn't suggesting that he was AA and the best full-back in the league, just that he's getting better week by week and seems to be an incredibly astute rookie choice. Think you're being harsh on him though, just watched replay again and he did some pretty strong contested work and retained his composure under pressure... Very happy with his progress. Still can't wait to see Maxy back out there, one of my fave players of all time...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i was there in row 43e dj12 and i have watched 47 games this year...

mabye you should actually get to a game before making you pissweak arguments....

but then again you were the one that dismissed the warnings about black saturday with smart arse posts so we shouldn't expect anything more from a lounge chair expert should we????

Lance or James??

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

S.N.A.P.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The silence is deafening...............obviously hasn't been to a game or at least today's.
im sorry i do not live in melbourne

im sorry that i did not graduate last year to get a grad job to move down...

sorry guys...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i was there in row 43e dj12 and i have watched 47 games this year...

mabye you should actually get to a game before making you pissweak arguments....

but then again you were the one that dismissed the warnings about black saturday with smart arse posts so we shouldn't expect anything more from a lounge chair expert should we????
well what are you???

you sit on your chair at the game and comment??? so what does it matter what type of chair we sit on???

dont call my arguements pissweak...i could call yours complacent and easily satisfied...media inflicted by scribes as walls and shehan...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

I was just curious because your view on the game and the players seems so different to most others' views.

As to why you might want to give an opinion on something you didn't actually see, it hasn't seemed to stop you in the past. I thought maybe you were just doing it again?

You managed to see Dawson only do 1 or 2 things well today.
I find that a staggering statement. But hey, that's just my opinion and you have yours.

I'd like to think that my opinion is actually based on viewing what transpired without bias.
Maybe you have different idea of what is required in today's AFL football?

One thing I can tell you. Goose and Miles have been avaialble for the last 4 weeks and if Dawson had been as bad/hopeless as you're making him out to be I'm pretty certain the selection comittee would have replaced him.
But hell, what would they know in comparison to you?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: im sorry i do not live in melbourne

sorry guys...
So what gives you the right to proclaim someone average when you dont even go to games and have limited knowledge of what a player actually does.

You dont see what Dawson does off the ball away from what the TV director wants you to look at.

Please leave the critique up to people who actually attend - you are making a fool of yourself - once again.

Lance or James??

degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

well what are you???

you sit on your chair at the game and comment??? so what does it matter what type of chair we sit on???

dont call my arguements pissweak...i could call yours complacent and easily satisfied...media inflicted by scribes as walls and shehan...
Well, at worst you could call his views popularist...since he right and your opinion is...well, not an opinion, because its wrong. :wink:

Shouldn't you be studying, so you can graduate to Melbourne?

Milton66
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
One thing I can tell you. Goose and Miles have been avaialble for the last 4 weeks and if Dawson had been as bad/hopeless as you're making him out to be I'm pretty certain the selection comittee would have replaced him.
Hole-in-one. Tiger Woods would be proud of that one. :lol:

That doesn't just apply to Zac, but a few other whom people want burnt at the stake.

I recall a game where Ross was asked if Zac was carrying an injury, to which he replied "if he's playing like that under duress, I'd love to see him 100% fit" or something like that.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: well what are you???

I can actually see what is happening all over the ground.
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:dont call my arguements pissweak...i could call yours complacent and easily satisfied...media inflicted by scribes as walls and shehan...
You arguments are pissweak because they are based on nothing more than a TV directors view of a game.

AS MM said I find it staggering you only saw one or two good things Dawson did today - but then again I haven't seen the replay so I dont know what the director allowed you to see.

If you were actually at the game you may have a more informed view to argue with.

But hey its your view (or your TV directors view) so it must be factual :D :D

Lance or James??

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

I was just curious because your view on the game and the players seems so different to most others' views.

As to why you might want to give an opinion on something you didn't actually see, it hasn't seemed to stop you in the past. I thought maybe you were just doing it again?

You managed to see Dawson only do 1 or 2 things well today.
I find that a staggering statement. But hey, that's just my opinion and you have yours.

I'd like to think that my opinion is actually based on viewing what transpired without bias.
Maybe you have different idea of what is required in today's AFL football?

im not criticising the selection committee...

im criticising formuities opinions as after 9-0 they belive zac is doing a good job much like jon browns role in the 01-03 flags sides... as it could have been fulfilled by someone in a wheelchair...same result...flag after flag...

paper over cracks...

think this way....

who will zac take in the geelong forward line??? we can only hope that lonergan plays...easily howver he wont...but seriously....who???

he will get a bath from both talls and smalls whoever he takes...all geelong talls/smalls have a great role and known how to play it and will do...they will travel through whoever zac takes and give him a bath and will be happy to re-run the water so it doesnt get too cold on him

TassieJones
Club Player

quick question, did aaron cornelius kick his 2 goals on dawson?

Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:

S.N.A.P.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry i do not live in melbourne

sorry guys...
That's one man's opinion. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?