I'm Excited

The Craw

I'm Excited

We have won 9 games and no loses. I love going to the football at the moment and watching the saints play. Great attacking, tough footy. I love seeing us thrash the fagpies, waesles, Port and swines. On top of that beating the Bummers, crows and shockers.

Not worried about the demons next week. Number 10 straight on the way.

A fantastic time to enjoy.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Milton66

Call me a clairvoyant, but I reckon the other thread from the parallell Saints world will get more replies than this one. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?

No

We need to drop 10 players - detain Blake and Jimmy and kill Zac.

Thats the main thrust of the posts this week.

Whatever you do - dont enjoy the moment. :D :D

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milton66

See, I told you so.

3 - 10 in favour of the sad sacks.

This is Saintsational.

No room for excitement here.

Winmar7Fan

joffaboy wrote:No

I don't know about you but I go back to the 60s supporting this club so even though I'm excited, the closer we look to achieving a flag the more nervous I am because of enjoying these early moments so many times in the past.

I remember back in the 70s/80s going to games every week thinking if we can keep it down to a 50 point loss, Trevor Barker can take a specky and Joffa Cunningham clean up a few players I'll be happy.

Then I went through a decade of being happy with a lot of great performances and wins never being good enough to win a flag but content to be positive about the next season.

I love our side having success but I'm now very very hungry for a flag and have grown up and learnt not to get caught up in looking at the small picture.

I couldn't give a rats arse about how Zac Dawson or Gwilt hold there own and play a fair game against Melbourne this weekend or get all starry eyed about a couple of good things Blake does in a win against Richmond I've had enough years of that and I'm past it.

To me all that matters is are they good enough to cut the mustard at GRAND FINAL LEVEL.

All those clumsy poor decisions and skill errors that so many supporters defend maybe ok when we're good enough over all to still win against average teams this time of the season, but don't be fooled and get complacent as I used to.

So while so many of you are soaking up and bathing in the glory of last weeks game I'm only looking at how these performances will rate in the game that really matters.

I couldn't give two flying f###s about how Gwilt and Blake just did enough to keep their spot against the 14 bottom sides if they're going to be carved up on Grand Final day against their superior Geelong opponents and cost us a Premiership.

I'm not happy to settle with enjoying good wins through the season and falling short then looking to the next season any more.

Winmar7Fan wrote:

I don't know about you but I go back to the 60s supporting this club so even though I'm excited, the closer we look to achieving a flag the more nervous I am because of enjoying these early moments so many times in the past.

I remember back in the 70s/80s going to games every week thinking if we can keep it down to a 50 point loss, Trevor Barker can take a specky and Joffa Cunningham clean up a few players I'll be happy.

Then I went through a decade of being happy with a lot of great performances and wins never being good enough to win a flag but content to be positive about the next season.

I love our side having success but I'm now very very hungry for a flag and have grown up and learnt not to get caught up in looking at the small picture.

I couldn't give a rats arse about how Zac Dawson or Gwilt hold there own and play a fair game against Melbourne this weekend or get all starry eyed about a couple of good things Blake does in a win against Richmond I've had enough years of that and I'm past it.

To me all that matters is are they good enough to cut the mustard at GRAND FINAL LEVEL.

All those clumsy poor decisions and skill errors that so many supporters defend maybe ok when we're good enough over all to still win against average teams this time of the season, but don't be fooled and get complacent as I used to.

So while so many of you are soaking up and bathing in the glory of last weeks game I'm only looking at how these performances will rate in the game that really matters.

I couldn't give two flying f###s about how Gwilt and Blake just did enough to keep their spot against the 14 bottom sides if they're going to be carved up on Grand Final day against their superior Geelong opponents and cost us a Premiership.

I'm not happy to settle with enjoying good wins through the season and falling short then looking to the next season any more.
That's fair comment. I am the same - but have a huge amount of trust in Ross Lyon working out who can and can't the mustard. I reckon he knows himself what sort of team will need to be out there on GF day to get us a flag. So, I just enjoy immensely watching this team doing their thing every week and love being the best team in the country right now. I'll leave it up to the coach to work out what players need to be playing in StKilda jumpers in September.

Winmar7Fan wrote:

I don't know about others but this post really p***es me off.

It is so full of negativity and a sort of hidden rage against I not quite sure what.

Mate you need to have faith in the players and if you don't then maybe look for a new hobby.

Every premiership team has a bottom 6 that they rely on as much as the top 6 to get accross the line.

It's about players doing a job and for me I have faith that at the moment our bottom 6 are doing the jobs assigned to them. That is all we can ask.
That we can trust them to carry on that job on the final day.

I'm happy now, but will be delighted provided we win 11 straight....after that, it's all about finishing top 2 then September.

Superboot

You have to be very careful when you're at the stage that we are at the moment.

You can start to take the wins for granted. You don't enjoy it when you win; you just feel relief that you didn't lose.

No-one should let it get like that. It takes all the fun out of it.

roxanne

Hey Winmar Fan, if you can't enjoy what's happening now because of what might happen in the future you're in trouble. Forget the past, forget the future, we've only got what's happening now - all the mystics and statistics agree. For your own sake, stop being such a misery guts and let yourself enjoy this amazing ride.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Winmar7Fan

terry smith rules wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:

I don't know about others but this post really p***es me off.

It is so full of negativity and a sort of hidden rage against I not quite sure what.

Mate you need to have faith in the players and if you don't then maybe look for a new hobby.

Every premiership team has a bottom 6 that they rely on as much as the top 6 to get accross the line.

It's about players doing a job and for me I have faith that at the moment our bottom 6 are doing the jobs assigned to them. That is all we can ask.
That we can trust them to carry on that job on the final day.
There's no hidden rage about it I love this club and suffered as much as anyone.

I've just become a realist in life not negative.

What P***es me off is being unrealistically positive about everything just so not to be negative.

Yeah every premiership team has a bottom six and all the rest have bottom six players as well that aren't as good that's why they don't win.

I'm rapped to be where we are but I'm not going to sit here at round 9 with my head in the clouds flogging myself and not be concerned about players that are just barely keeping up now wondering how will they go when the level needs to go up.

If you think we are a better side than Geelong your kidding yourself but that doesn't mean we can't win and catch them out on the day like Hawthorn did. But at their best their bottom six are far stronger than ours or do you disagree?

And try to be strong enough to give an honest answer and not just a positive one.

I'm enjoying the ride but let's make no bones about it I'm in this to win the flag and had enough of having a good season happy with falling short and relying on next year and I'm sure the Club have the same attitude.

Martina Navratilova once said the people who say winning isn't everything probably always lose.

I didn't say we were a better side than Geelong.

However as Hawthron showed a team with every unit playing at 100% can beat anybody.

That is why i trust our players.

Just on bottom 6's

Saints (with Max, Gram)

Bottom 6 (in no particular order) I will name 8 as two have to go for Max and Gram
Blake, McQualter, Geary, Gwilt, King, Ray, Clarke, Dawson, Jones (difficult isn't it)

Cats bottom 8 (again with some injuries to come back)

D>johnson, Wojinski, Hawkins, Blake, Gamble, Mumford, Varcoe, Mooney

I strongly believe that the only player out of these who might walk into the saints team is Gamble (potential)

Blake has not come on
Hawkins - huge question mark
Mooney - loooks good with the delivery he gets , but at best is an ordinary player

I think our bottom 8 match up pretty well against that lot

Milton66

It's a life attitude.

You gotta enjoy the monet in every aspect. Not live in fear that it could go wrong.

Sure, we all want to see a flag, but it's one of those things where if you pin your hopes on one signle event to eventuate and it doesn't... you've wasted your life.

I also suffered through the 70's 80's and 90's.

But what I will say is that this year in particular, I feel as confident as ever that we are on track.

This club is evolving and wiser heads are prevailing at all levels. To believe that the players or coach are complacent is totally naive.

Enjoy today, for tomorrow may never come. My old man pinned his hopes on expectations, and died a bitter, lonely man.

Go Saints!

terry smith rules wrote:I didn't say we were a better side than Geelong.

However as Hawthron showed a team with every unit playing at 100% can beat anybody.

That is why i trust our players.

Just on bottom 6's

Saints (with Max, Gram)

Bottom 6 (in no particular order) I will name 8 as two have to go for Max and Gram
Blake, McQualter, Geary, Gwilt, King, Ray, Clarke, Dawson, Jones (difficult isn't it)

Cats bottom 8 (again with some injuries to come back)

D>johnson, Wojinski, Hawkins, Blake, Gamble, Mumford, Varcoe, Mooney

I strongly believe that the only player out of these who might walk into the saints team is Gamble (potential)

Blake has not come on
Hawkins - huge question mark
Mooney - loooks good with the delivery he gets , but at best is an ordinary player

I think our bottom 8 match up pretty well against that lot
I think St K always looks great on paper.

And I agree, TMS, that comparison is quite striking.

But, interesting as it is, all the pontificating means little until we belt those a-holes, preferably twice! :wink:

Hawkins, IMO, is a poor player. It is unfair that so much has been lumped on him. Would be like, perhaps, us throwing Ben McEvoy at FF without Kosi or Riewoldt and saying to him 'we need you to kick four each week, kid. Off you go then'. Their problem, though. Stuff 'em. Sick to death of hearing about them.

Lenny_Hayes7

It Pisses me off when people say i should keep a lid on it.. I have the right to be excited and happy dont really give a crap what other people say to tell you the truth. :evil:

d roit

Re: I'm Excited

The Craw wrote:We have won 9 games and no loses. I love going to the football at the moment and watching the saints play. Great attacking, tough footy. I love seeing us thrash the fagpies, waesles, Port and swines.
none of that please mate

Re: I'm Excited

The Craw wrote:We have won 9 games and no loses. I love going to the football at the moment and watching the saints play. Great attacking, tough footy. I love seeing us thrash the fagpies, waesles, Port and swines. On top of that beating the Bummers, crows and shockers.

Not worried about the demons next week. Number 10 straight on the way.

A fantastic time to enjoy.
Agreed Craw.

I'm wrapped, enjoying it.......but I'm sure what we all really want is a flag....

d roit

roxanne wrote:Hey Winmar Fan, if you can't enjoy what's happening now because of what might happen in the future you're in trouble. Forget the past, forget the future, we've only got what's happening now - all the mystics and statistics agree. For your own sake, stop being such a misery guts and let yourself enjoy this amazing ride.
Of course he enjoys his footy. I doubt he's watched the last 9 games and not been ecstatic about our wins. What he's trying to say and what many of you fail to understand is that yes, were are winning, yes were are playing good football but also yes, we've done this all before and have only crossed the line ONCE.

Feel as confident as you like, i know i'm as hopeful as a virgin on prom night. but we are a long way away from the finish line, and just because there are 14 pretty average squads running around this season, you have to be better than those 14 + 1.

d roit wrote:
roxanne wrote:Hey Winmar Fan, if you can't enjoy what's happening now because of what might happen in the future you're in trouble. Forget the past, forget the future, we've only got what's happening now - all the mystics and statistics agree. For your own sake, stop being such a misery guts and let yourself enjoy this amazing ride.
Of course he enjoys his footy. I doubt he's watched the last 9 games and not been ecstatic about our wins. What he's trying to say and what many of you fail to understand is that yes, were are winning, yes were are playing good football but also yes, we've done this all before and have only crossed the line ONCE.

Feel as confident as you like, i know i'm as hopeful as a virgin on prom night. but we are a long way away from the finish line, and just because there are 14 pretty average squads running around this season, you have to be better than those 14 + 1.
good summary...

Interesting point is I would split up our challenges for a flag like this:

1 big hurdle - Cats
1 decent challenger as it gets its players back - Hawks
4 dangerous opponents if all their key players are playing but we should have their measure - Dogs, Bummers, Pies, Lions

9 other average teams atm.

roxanne

None of us are failing to understand anything actually.
I think you guys are the ones failing to understand there's no point measuring what's happening now against anything that happened in the past.
And there's no point tempering your excitement now for what might happen in the future. Enjoy the moment, it's all the team can offer us, it's all we have.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
mbogo

Great points Craw and Roxanne - we are all very excited - live in each moment and have quiet confidence .... it is looking pretty good.
Some of those moments have had me astounded at our sheer bravado and brilliance ... let's celebrate every victory.
Catch up at Livewire Craw!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.

Im loving telling Essendon, Carlton, Collinwgood fans that "the problem with struggling clubs like theirs......"....

and the silence back from them right now is gold. :wink:

Lenny_Hayes7

Umm we won't be a good side till we beat the teams above us... untill then relax all. :shock:

Well said Roxy!
Enjoy the moment!
And for the pessimists ...
we may not even beat a team above us all year ....think about that!