Round 10 Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

He was named first emergency, so who knows, anything could happen.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Great point. It's our club too.

Hate the ducks and drakes. It's Kevin Sheedy circa-1987. Not interested.
It does seem strange that he missed last week for fitness reasons but doesn't come straight back in if fully fit.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Joey wrote:ST KILDA
B: Farren Ray, Jason Blake, Zac Dawson
HB: Steven Baker, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Raphael Clarke, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Stephen Milne, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Sam Gilbert
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Clint Jones, Leigh Montagna
Int: Jarryn Geary, James Gwilt, Steven King, Andrew McQualter, ,
Emg: Jason Gram, David Armitage, Luke Miles
No change

I still look at that team with amazement. If you had of told me at the end of last year that we'd be 9-0 and singing the praises of a back six that included Farren Ray, Blakey and Zac Dawson, I would have scoffed big time. What an amazing turnaround for those guys and for the club.
All credit to Ross the boss.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Hopefully a similiar situation to Milney and Dal's kick up the bum, with similiar results.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Sobraz wrote:I thought we really missed Grams run and carry last week...

He is clearly in our best 18, and probably sits about 10-12 in our most important players...

Clearly he has stuffed up somewhere along the line... I hope Ross isnt just leaving him out to teach him a lesson, knowing we're only playing Melbourne..

This is a danger game, and our best 22 should be picked for every match...
I hope if there is a lesson still to be learnt, that is exactly why Ross is leaving him out...
Agreed, but it must've been pretty big if he's out for 2 in a row... They've done well to keep it completely under wraps...
i think it's stupid, keep us informed, we have an interest (most of us financial) in the club. why leave us in the dark.
stating we have a financial interest is bending it a little, it makes members a little more important than what they really are

we don't expect a return financially on our money, we do it out of the passion and good of our hearts...to expect a club to give private reasons for a players demotion just because one pays a membership fee is a little far fetched

noone is forcing you to pay for membership and you won't get a return on your money, its a sunk cost

you shouldnt expect honesty about a player when it really isn't anybody's business apart from who is within the football club

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

He is clearly in our best 18, and probably sits about 10-12 in our most important players...

Clearly he has stuffed up somewhere along the line... I hope Ross isnt just leaving him out to teach him a lesson, knowing we're only playing Melbourne..

I hope if there is a lesson still to be learnt, that is exactly why Ross is leaving him out...
Agreed, but it must've been pretty big if he's out for 2 in a row... They've done well to keep it completely under wraps...
i think it's stupid, keep us informed, we have an interest (most of us financial) in the club. why leave us in the dark.
stating we have a financial interest is bending it a little, it makes members a little more important than what they really are

we don't expect a return financially on our money, we do it out of the passion and good of our hearts...to expect a club to give private reasons for a players demotion just because one pays a membership fee is a little far fetched

noone is forcing you to pay for membership and you won't get a return on your money, its a sunk cost

you shouldnt expect honesty about a player when it really isn't anybody's business apart from who is within the football club
Unless they decide it's our business

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Gram's been named as an emergency.

I think he'll play and 1 of our taller players will drop out - especially that Robertson is now no chance to play.

I think it'll probably be Gwilt to make may for Gram in the final 22.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Gram is really important to our structure. He gives us run and carry. We missed him last week and looked static at times. Raph Clarke plays a different role for mine, and I hope that the coaching team don't see them as interchangeable.

Don't like Gram out of the team and hope there's a bloody good reason.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
ace
Saintsational Legend

Our forward pockets all season - Gilbert and Hayes - must have the most possesions ever for forward pockets but nowhere near enough goals. Been chasing easy kicks in the midfield and defence. :wink: :wink: :wink:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
Sobraz wrote:This is a danger game...
1st versus 16th. If this is a danger game, then every single game in the AFL is a danger game.

when i was about twelve i remember a game the saints played against the dees......1st against 12th.....last in those days.......we were not the one on top of the ladder.......but we won by a point....geez were the dee fans rope able......
You don't have to go back that far. Round 3 1997 we were 16th, Collingwood were 1st. Jason Heatley's first game and he kicked two absolutely brilliant goals. Classic game at Waverley

or Round 9 1995, playing Carlton at Waverley. Rod Keogh ran amok and Carlton didn't score a goal in the first half.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

this selection committee are the kings of "no change".

really astonishing when you think about it, though as posted elsewhere, the lack of injuries is what makes it possible.

i don't agree with their philosophy - would like to see some others have a vague chance of a game - but can't possibly argue with the results, so more power to em.

thehandbrake
Club Player

'Don't agree' with a philosophy that has us 9-0? Ridiculous.

Gram still being out is a prime example of why this team is going so well. Spots in this team are like gold- you don't prepare properly, as Gram didn't, and you don't deserve a spot. You fight hard and perform your role in a winning team, you hold your spot.

This is why we have a backline featuring Zac Dawson not Goose Maguire, and a 9-0 record. If Gram, Goose et al keep performing at Sandy, and someone doesn't perform in the ones, then they'll get a shot. And only then. No automatic selections.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:Gram is really important to our structure. He gives us run and carry. We missed him last week and looked static at times. Raph Clarke plays a different role for mine, and I hope that the coaching team don't see them as interchangeable.

Don't like Gram out of the team and hope there's a bloody good reason.
Yes we missed Gram's run and carry, but I didn't miss his woeful butchering of his disposals...

If BJ lines up on the Half Back Flank and R Clark on the wing (as suggested in the line up) it will free up BJ to do the same job as Gram, but with far better disposal.

BJ is also far better in tackling than Gram and having that in our defence is a bonus.

Far too often Gram has had issues with his disposals and turnovers that costs..

I hope he comes back soon, but he really needs to improve in his disposal efficiency and have a better thought process in matches

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintly_safes
Club Player

Lyon usually goes with the selected team . There has only been a couple of times that he hasnt , but im hoping Gram will get a gig as i too think we missed his run & carry last week.Interesting that Melbourne dropped Robbo but on paper their side dosent look that bad & imo we will have to come to play or we might have a fight on our hands. Raph,Mini,Gwilt & maybe even Blake & Bakes will need to have good games or the axe might swing next week.In saying all that I still think the Saints by 44 :wink:

esaint66
SS Life Member

vacuous space wrote:
Sobraz wrote:This is a danger game...
1st versus 16th. If this is a danger game, then every single game in the AFL is a danger game.

Well it's a professional league so any player or team going round is worthy of beating anyone.

On e last whinge though ..... GIVE LYNCH A GAME !!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:Gram is really important to our structure. He gives us run and carry. We missed him last week and looked static at times. Raph Clarke plays a different role for mine, and I hope that the coaching team don't see them as interchangeable. Don't like Gram out of the team and hope there's a bloody good reason.
i think raph can play that role if he's allowed to, but was confined mostly to defence last week.

imo our best side has both gram and raph in it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mark Robinson wrote: I can't believe Matt Maguire is not even listed as an emergency. My paper had written about him as a possible inclusion early this week and last week also. My sauces are impeccable! Don't worry Saints fans, I'll continue to write about Max and Goose making comebacks every week, and in a fortnight I'll be also calling for Dempster's inclusion. All I need is for a Saints loss and I'm sure I'll be in business!

Schillaci
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Mr X from the West wrote:Gram is really important to our structure. He gives us run and carry. We missed him last week and looked static at times. Raph Clarke plays a different role for mine, and I hope that the coaching team don't see them as interchangeable. Don't like Gram out of the team and hope there's a bloody good reason.
i think raph can play that role if he's allowed to, but was confined mostly to defence last week.

imo our best side has both gram and raph in it.
I'm very suprised that Gram's still out but am glad that at least Raph hasn't made way for him and is getting a go. Agree that both are in our best 22.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

If Armo's been doing everything right and there is a late change, I wouldn't mind betting he'll get the gig. That would really be the exclamation mark to Gram's lesson.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

That actually makes sense. :shock:

Membership = Discount entry and free scarfe. Not shareholder.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
ctqs
Club Player

You have GOT to be joking. For goodness sake.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:

Sobraz... Our best 22 is picked each and every week FFS...

Gram did not cut it...

He needs to do the team things....

Kicking to a player in a better position...

Tackle ......

Be accountable....

AND

improve his disposal...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Shaggy
Club Player

ctqs wrote:

I agree with most of Sobraz.

We are obviously rewarding a winning team and there is nothing wrong with that. But we are not playing like the gun team we were 3 weeks a go and Melbourne have a real chance if they play like last week 2nd half.

Personally I think Gram is the only player we have who is not playing up to his ability. We need him ... but at his best.

Hopefully being left out for two weeks may make the difference.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
ctqs wrote:

Sobraz... Our best 22 is picked each and every week FFS...

Gram did not cut it...

He needs to do the team things....

Kicking to a player in a better position...

Tackle ......

Be accountable....

AND

improve his disposal...
He may have to improve all those things but that isnt why he didnt play.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:this selection committee are the kings of "no change".

really astonishing when you think about it, though as posted elsewhere, the lack of injuries is what makes it possible.

i don't agree with their philosophy - would like to see some others have a vague chance of a game - but can't possibly argue with the results, so more power to em.
Perhaps the selection commitee are the kings of "actually having a clue"