StKilda V Geelong stays at Etihad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint1974
Club Player

StKilda V Geelong stays at Etihad

Andrew Demetriou has just confirmed on 3AW that this game will stay at Etihad stadium logistics too hard to move!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

poor form

saint4life
SaintDebi
Club Player

Sorry guys to all those who wanted it moved, and I'll try to keep a bit of decorum in relating my response to this announcement:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Sorry guys to all those who wanted it moved, and I'll try to keep a bit of decorum in relating my response to this announcement:
reason

saint4life
saint1974
Club Player

I am disappointed too!Our chance to be on the big stage in front of a huge crowd would have been a great opportunity for the club and great for the club to have made extra money!
Wonder if it was collingwood would the decision have been different.
Glad Im a member with seat a lot of people going to miss a great game!
Hope the game is broadcast live!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaintDebi
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:Sorry guys to all those who wanted it moved, and I'll try to keep a bit of decorum in relating my response to this announcement:
reason
Purely a heart versus head thing Chook.
I've made my feelings about this known in previous threads. Firstly there's the purely selfish reason that I want to view the game against the team I hate (you have to live here in Geelong to understand...) from my reserved seat in the front row at the Dome. But then I also think there are advantages to meeting them on our turf, where we play well with the concentrated numbers and support of our fans to encourage them, in conditions we play well in, (ie: roof closed if its wet).
And yes, I know all the reasons we should play it at the G: financial, we need experience at the ground, have to be able to play in the wet, get used to finals atmosphere, better to lose in Rd 14 than in finals etc etc.
And I actually agree with every one of them. But as I have said before: in football as in all cases of passion, our hearts don't always want what our heads might know is best.

gottaluvit
Club Player

what a bummer. Was really looking forward to a big "G" game. They are completely different and much more exciting than TD games. TD is more like a concert hall and the "G" is like a game at the Colosseum. What a missed opportunity to play a blockbuster.

Oh well, I hope we snap up all seats and the stupid inbred Girlong supporters will have to watch it on telly.

saint1974
Club Player

Just spoke to the club this game will now be a fully ticketed game advised to get in touch with ticketmaster .

Solar
Saintsational Legend

was not suprised,

nothing better then a packed dome... will be a very loud crowd me thinks

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintDebi
Club Player

gottaluvit wrote: Oh well, I hope we snap up all seats and the stupid inbred Girlong supporters will have to watch it on telly.
Yep. Get in quick, Sainters. Lets fill OUR ground with OUR colours.
I know many are unhappy and disappointed, but now that the decision has been made, lets make the most of it and take our chance to outnumber and outcheer the Geelong supporters.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

maximising crowds..............................

what happend to that.

AFL should have moved according to its mantra

weak as pi...

corporate boxes
advertising
etc
(Andy's excuse.......)

other news

Also some mentioned Etihad may have sued if moved.

saint4life
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'm disappointed to hear this.

lazy effort and it doesn't help our cause.

StSteven
Club Player

Big loss strategically and financially.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Ok. Question of interest here. I know one of my reasons for liking this decision is purely selfish and of no benefit to the team: my reserved seat.
So I want to know if I'm the only selfish one on here. Would be interested to know, of those who didn't want the game changed, how many have reserved seats at Etihad, and vise versa: how many who wanted it changed do not?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Ok. Question of interest here. I know one of my reasons for liking this decision is purely selfish and of no benefit to the team: my reserved seat.
So I want to know if I'm the only selfish one on here. Would be interested to know, of those who didn't want the game changed, how many have reserved seats at Etihad, and vise versa: how many who wanted it changed do not?
my understanding reserved seat holders would have been allocated
a certain area at MCG (prime of some sort) if game was moved.

saint4life
gottaluvit
Club Player

I have a reserved seat but would have loved to go to the MCG instead.

St Marcus
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:Ok. Question of interest here. I know one of my reasons for liking this decision is purely selfish and of no benefit to the team: my reserved seat.
SaintDebi
I agree with you. I want to see it in MY teams home ground in MY seat in level 1 Aisle 39 Row H , which I pay good money for. I also like the people around me who I have been sitting with for 9 years
Also will 1 more game at the G be the difference and would we get 70k there on a Sunday. I doubt it and DO we get anymore money from the G???

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I'm totally with you, as a social club member I would not have got as good a seat from my reading of it. I was happy if it meant the boys had another game on the MCG but from a personal point of view, I am happy to sit by the fence on level 1.

FQF
In richo I trust

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I have a reserved seat. Wouldn't have worried me if the game had been moved, but it does make it easier for me with the game still being at the Dome.

Just hope that it's mainly Geelong supporters who miss out on getting seats, although it would be good to see their faces after they lose. :wink:

philip
Club Player

well i pay good money for my family's reserved seating and i am wrapped.

they have already short changed reserved seating members by selling the melbourne game to the gold coast and if they had moved this one, i would have been really annoyed.

They will get a full house, people that don't and can't get seating will or should be able to watch it live on tv and everyone is a winner. so we don't get 80,000 people to the G, big deal.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Really poor decision, going to cost us money and experience for the players come finals time.

I know many people (non supporters of both teams) talking this game up that wanted to go, visitors from overseas, very disappointing.

Playing at the G would have been the best opportunity to measure our improvement this year against the cats and hawks. Fail and we should have a second chance come finals time (all things going well)
Last edited by saintsrus on Fri 29 May 2009 11:50am, edited 1 time in total.

Before Im 85
chook23
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:well i pay good money for my family's reserved seating and i am wrapped.

they have already short changed reserved seating members by selling the melbourne game to the gold coast and if they had moved this one, i would have been really annoyed.

They will get a full house, people that don't and can't get seating will or should be able to watch it live on tv and everyone is a winner. so we don't get 80,000 people to the G, big deal.
philip
Your opinion only

as is this mine

everyone is not a winner.....................30,000 odd miss seeing it live....
note you say watch it on tv live (if done)..

saint4life
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Get in early & lock those alley cats out!

A Girlong sook rang SEN the other day wanting to know why he couldn't get tickets yet & Saints members could... probably because it's a ST KILDA HOME GAME NUFF NUFF!

Get all your Saints friends in early people...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

chook they could have helped the game get more fans by doing a couple of other things

put two top 4 teams on a friday night.... not a sunday arvo

not having another 2 top 4 teams (saints and hawks) play in tassie.

Lets be honest, it was a huge screw up because the AFL thought the saints would be boring and average this year.....

FQF
In richo I trust

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i think the saints would have made something in the order of 250k to 500k from a move to the MCG from soemone on the radio....

i wonder how much we'll lose when collo price gouges from 45k at TD....

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!