Leigh Tudor as forward coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Leigh Tudor as forward coach

Just thinking, Leigh Tudor has missed the last two weeks with his operation and our forward line has not functioned efficiently, I think he is one of the major reasons for our improvement this season and in the games he has been coaching the forward set up has looked fantastic , but the last two matches it appears to struggle a litttle.
Its also worth noting that the hawks talented forward line has struggled somewhat under John Barker ( though to be fair thier backline is somewhat decimated).

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

You could be right. If he is back this week, we may see a marked improvement then.

F_Q_F
Club Player

Geez all this talk about Tudor, we might end up losing him to Richmond!

rexy
SS Life Member

Whilst it appears that Tudor is doing a superb job, I dont think that the function of the forward line has been the major issue in the last 2 weeks. If anything I would have thought that the two big guys have kept us in it.

Our run and carry off half back has been the issue and this has dragged Milne, Gwilt and Schneider up the ground to releive the midfield and get the ball out of defence.

Thats what i see anyway.

Maybe this year?
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:You could be right. If he is back this week, we may see a marked improvement then.
My understanding is that he will not be going with teh team this week - still not well enough to fly?

supersaints
Club Player

rexy wrote:Whilst it appears that Tudor is doing a superb job, I dont think that the function of the forward line has been the major issue in the last 2 weeks. If anything I would have thought that the two big guys have kept us in it.

Our run and carry off half back has been the issue and this has dragged Milne, Gwilt and Schneider up the ground to releive the midfield and get the ball out of defence.

Thats what i see anyway.
I agree about the run and carry , but also we have had a lot of inside fifties with much less conversion, and our accuracy has gone backwards....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
rexy
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:
rexy wrote:Whilst it appears that Tudor is doing a superb job, I dont think that the function of the forward line has been the major issue in the last 2 weeks. If anything I would have thought that the two big guys have kept us in it.

Thats what i see anyway.
I agree about the run and carry , but also we have had a lot of inside fifties with much less conversion, and our accuracy has gone backwards....
Think this is because our small forwards instead of at the feet of our marking targets, are still trying to get back inside 50 themselves, If you recall the collingwood game Milne and Schneider were at the fall of the ball every time it was not marked by Roo and Kos. FF to the Lions game and often Kosi went up 1 on 2 and then tried to crumb his own ball? Would love to see the inside 50 stats for Milne and Schneider in rounds 6 and 7 compared to 8 and 9. I bet they had more inside 50s in the last 2week as they were playing further up.

Maybe this year?
fingers
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=52423

As mentioned earlier - I think he has been a significant omission.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
supersaints wrote:

Thats what i see anyway.
Think this is because our small forwards instead of at the feet of our marking targets, are still trying to get back inside 50 themselves, If you recall the collingwood game Milne and Schneider were at the fall of the ball every time it was not marked by Roo and Kos. FF to the Lions game and often Kosi went up 1 on 2 and then tried to crumb his own ball? Would love to see the inside 50 stats for Milne and Schneider in rounds 6 and 7 compared to 8 and 9. I bet they had more inside 50s in the last 2week as they were playing further up.
interesting points.

not a fan of too many numbers behind the ball and i think there have been times during lyon's reign when we have taken it too far.

don't know how much of it is tudor and how much is coincidence, but he's obviously an important part of the chemistry.

hopefully he's back in the box soon.

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

It was interesting to see no coach at all approaching the forwards at 3/4 time last week. Seemed to me that Roo was the one taking charge.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:It was interesting to see no coach at all approaching the forwards at 3/4 time last week. Seemed to me that Roo was the one taking charge.
The forward line functioned pretty well in the last Q. Perhaps Roo was auditioning for a job for when his playing days are over !!

rexy
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
Longwayfromhome wrote:It was interesting to see no coach at all approaching the forwards at 3/4 time last week. Seemed to me that Roo was the one taking charge.
The forward line functioned pretty well in the last Q. Perhaps Roo was auditioning for a job for when his playing days are over !!
:D

said he wants to be a saint for life

Maybe this year?
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

interesting. we certainly had a crumbing forward operating in the last quarter.