Gardiner = Idiot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Just remembered another. Isn't a trip an automatic report. Ray was ankle tapped.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Ironic that it came the same night as Cousins gave the camera 'The Bird.'

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

One would be a good result..two likely...unfortunate but I would bring Maguire in and alternate King and Kosi in the ruck with Goose playing forward.Annoying but gives someone else the opportunity.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SuperSaint
Club Player

Two weeks seeems likely unfortunately after seeing the video footage but with a bit of luck it may be reduced to 1 week with his good record.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:In Gards defence he could say he was trying to push him away from the contest (because it was more of a pushing action), and because he is so tall he misjudged it and got him in the head :wink: :)
You know what, I thought the same thing

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:One would be a good result..two likely...unfortunate but I would bring Maguire in and alternate King and Kosi in the ruck with Goose playing forward.Annoying but gives someone else the opportunity.
I don't think so. Lyon has said that he doesn't want Kosi rucking. McEvoy will be in for Gardiners 2 weeks

Another opportunity awaits!
To the top
SS Life Member

With Gardiner he did not initiate the contact so there was no intent - the Melbourne player initiated contact in an attempt to shepherd Gardiner off the player with the ball.

Further, there was no injury so low contact.

No intent, low impact = accidental contact in the course of the game.

It is not as if Gardiner cocked his elbow and ran at the guy making contact with the head and felling the opposition player - in fact his elbow was up as it was, not cocked, because of his effort to get accross the ground to get to the player with the ball.

If you look at the footage run by the simpletons on Channel Bankrupt, looking for headlines, Goodes had his elbow similarly positioned in shepherding a goal kicking player in the "goal of the round" segment - nothing said about that.

It is only because it is Gardiner - the same as it was Cousins giving the television simpletons the send off they so richly deserve.

The real commentary on Channel Bankrupt is that they have some idiot from the Murdoch media on!

Really says how badly the Murdoch media is going!!

Capricornia
Club Player

Now watch for the real brain explosion my friends. A big night out (what the hell, Im not playing), an fight or domestic...and he'll hurt himself again. Welcome to the reality that is Michael f****** Gardiner.

JABBER
Club Player

gardiner=idiot

has Gardiner got a good recent record might miss one game with an early plea

trevor barker
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

My initial thoughts were that it looked pretty bad. Upon reflection I think he is a chance to get off but more than likely will get 1 week for stupidity. There was no need to put himself in that situation !!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:With Gardiner he did not initiate the contact so there was no intent - the Melbourne player initiated contact in an attempt to shepherd Gardiner off the player with the ball.

Further, there was no injury so low contact.

No intent, low impact = accidental contact in the course of the game.

It is not as if Gardiner cocked his elbow and ran at the guy making contact with the head and felling the opposition player - in fact his elbow was up as it was, not cocked, because of his effort to get accross the ground to get to the player with the ball.

If you look at the footage run by the simpletons on Channel Bankrupt, looking for headlines, Goodes had his elbow similarly positioned in shepherding a goal kicking player in the "goal of the round" segment - nothing said about that.

It is only because it is Gardiner - the same as it was Cousins giving the television simpletons the send off they so richly deserve.

The real commentary on Channel Bankrupt is that they have some idiot from the Murdoch media on!

Really says how badly the Murdoch media is going!!
Full marks for the most biased post in SS history. :lol:

I will be absolutely stunned if Gardiner isn't suspended.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

GORN - 2 weeks.....

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Will make for an interesting selection ....

If GARDINER does get rubbed out it will make for an interesting selection as it appears that Rhys STANLEY has stormed past McEVOY from a SANDRINGHAM perspective.

Perhaps McEVOY will get the vote solely on having a more match ready frame. Dont be surprised however to see STANLEY our number 1 Ruckmen in a couple of years. He has much greater mobility and eagerness for the contest than McEVOY...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Now watch for the real brain explosion my friends. A big night out (what the hell, Im not playing), an fight or domestic...and he'll hurt himself again. Welcome to the reality that is Michael f****** Gardiner.
Geez i hate supporters like you, why don't you just f**k off and barrack for someone else TOOL

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Re: Will make for an interesting selection ....

WinnersOnly wrote:[Stanley] has much greater mobility and eagerness for the contest than McEVOY...
Stanley has greater mobility than just about any ruckman playing football right now. He's a freak of nature. Even still, McEvoy's way ahead of Stanley, no matter what last week's VFL bests say.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

my tip is Max in for Gardner leaving King and Blake to ruck

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:my tip is Max in for Gardner leaving King and Blake to ruck
You could well be right Zed.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No Hope IMO.RL seems to bring in like for like so Ben would play.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
No Hope IMO.RL seems to bring in like for like so Ben would play.
Yep. He doesn't rate Blake as a ruckman

Another opportunity awaits!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Geez i hate supporters like you, why don't you just f**k off and barrack for someone else TOOL
well said.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

2 weeks...early plea...out for one.

If it was two and McEvoy was up against Kreuzer, would make an interesting comparison of where they are both at. Kreuzer with a lot of games under his belt and playing good footy against McEvoy, limited opportunities but a player Kreuzer lowered his colours to in the U/18s.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm yet to see it, but am skeptical about a lengthy sentence due to our usual drama queens on this forum making something sound worse than it was.

Can recall after the Kosi incident during the Eagles game some people on here were carrying on like pork chops. "HE'LL GET 6 WEEKS!" - and it turned out he got off. Hilarious!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
benengel14
Club Player

This is different from kosi incident, it is just so obvious that it was intentional, combine that with the words high contact. And you get a holiday.
The AFL should have a calculator where you can plug in all the variables, and subject to early pleas/loadings/carryover/good behaviour - out spits the likely sanction.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

A very stupid thing to do, at least McEvoy gets some game time, but FAIR DINKUM, if McQualter just runs in and kicks the goal, WHAT THE **** WAS HE THINKING :roll: instead of short passing to a contest across goal, then the Gardiner incident would not even have happened.

FAIR DINKUM some really dumb decisions, first McQualter not kicking the goal and then Gardiner hitting someone :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:A very stupid thing to do, at least McEvoy gets some game time, but FAIR DINKUM, if McQualter just runs in and kicks the goal, WHAT THE **** WAS HE THINKING :roll: instead of short passing to a contest across goal, then the Gardiner incident would not even have happened.

FAIR DINKUM some really dumb decisions, first McQualter not kicking the goal and then Gardiner hitting someone :roll:
Yes makes sense to blame Mini for MG stupidity. This is like the thread when X did his knee and people blamed RL for not having him in the firsts.