Statistics on first 10 rounds

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saints65
Club Player

Statistics on first 10 rounds

Hi, some statistics on the first 10 rounds suggesting last night was business as usual.

70% of games we have had 25 to 28 scoring shots, 26 last night
80% of games we have had 15 to 21 scores against, 16 last night
clangers were below average and have been for the last three weeks.
One area where we have been down over the last three weeks has been goal conversion, around 40% last night and just over 50% the proir 2 weeks. Average over the first 7 rounds was around 60%.

Go Saints!!!!

rnd; scores for;scores aginst ;clangers.
1 20 20 44
2 26 19 42
3 36 19 56
4 26 8 39
5 27 11 62
6 34 21 37
7 28 15 48
8 25 21 33
9 27 16 43
10 26 16 36

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

so what your basically saying, let me get this right, that we need at least 10 changed next game and the sky is falling in?

otherwise im confused...

:lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Legendary
Club Player

The only reason we are "playing worse" (all this domesday stuff is crap, we are 10-0 FFS) is our accuracy on goal.

We were unbelievably accurate in the first 5-6 weeks. #1 in the AFL.

Since then we have sprayed shots all over the place. We are still having as many inside 50's, as many shots on goal ... just not kicking them.

It's meaning that 10-goal wins are now 5 goal wins, and we keep the Opposition in the game a bit longer.

Those statistics prove this.

But geez, we are winning. 10-0. On top of the ladder.

Relax.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:The only reason we are "playing worse" (all this domesday stuff is crap, we are 10-0 FFS) is our accuracy on goal.

Since then we have sprayed shots all over the place. We are still having as many inside 50's, as many shots on goal ... just not kicking them.

It's meaning that 10-goal wins are now 5 goal wins, and we keep the Opposition in the game a bit longer.

Those statistics prove this.

But geez, we are winning. 10-0. On top of the ladder.

Relax.
we were a shade under doubling the dees score in dewey conditions with a 35% conversion rate or something like that...

while the dees may walk away feeling they weren't drilled...the truth was they were.

if we are going to win a flag, we know accuracy is a killer though, north in 98 and geelong in 08 are evidence of that...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

forward efficiency or "reward for effort", as ross called it in his press conference, is a worry.

we held the demons to just 4 points in the second half, but didn't hurt them as much as we could have, adding 4.9 ourselves.

we missed milne as a crumber, kosi was down on recent weeks and riewoldt's kicking was up and down. schneider, we know, is capable of kicking a bag but doesn't do it often enough.

gwilt, and to a lesser extent mcqualter, don't impact as much as you would like on the scoreboard.

oh for a genuine goal-kicking flanker. you'd love to use bj in that role more often, but he's just so valuable elsewhere.

maybe armitage should have come in as a "like for like" replacement for milne. at least he knows where the goals are.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Legendary wrote:

I would say the quality of the inside 50's has changed. In the earlier rounds we were getting shots on goal from a more direct position, where as late (I didn't see last nights game) we have had shots from angle's and unfavourable positions, as a result of not moving the ball as well as we once did.

Carpe Diem
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:
Legendary wrote:

I would say the quality of the inside 50's has changed. In the earlier rounds we were getting shots on goal from a more direct position, where as late (I didn't see last nights game) we have had shots from angle's and unfavourable positions, as a result of not moving the ball as well as we once did.
which may be because the oppostion are trying harder to make it more difficult- they along with others may have assumed we were same as last year and we're proving them wrong

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

what is the word on milney?

if he misses again should we bring in a crumbing small forward like steven or armitage or assign someone already in the team to that role?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:
Legendary wrote:

real good point.

we need to own that corridor under pressure...cause the Cats will want it too.

“Yeah….nah””
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:I would say the quality of the inside 50's has changed. In the earlier rounds we were getting shots on goal from a more direct position, where as late (I didn't see last nights game) we have had shots from angle's and unfavourable positions, as a result of not moving the ball as well as we once did.
I disagree - look at the following graphic for where we missed 6 goals against the Brions.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!