A numbers game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Finna
Club Player

A numbers game

I am constantly amused by people on this forum who simply cannot help themselves but to bag our team and our players.

Surely it is about the outcomes and not the way the game is won. Seriously, I couldn't care less if we'd won every game by a point and had looked crap all year.

Pretty football and great skills for 100 mins doesn't guarantee you a win and I'd take an ugly win with crap skills on display over an amazing performance with incredible skills and a 1 point loss.

What is the outcome???

At the end of the day all that matters is the four points...week in, week out. You take each game as it comes and you focus on doing what needs to be done to get the four points. No more needs to be said!

I doesn't matter if it looks pretty or not (swans '05 and '06) all that matters is getting the four points. Would you rather that we were the excitement machine of the comp but were sitting in sixth with 5 wins and 5 losses or even 7 wins and 3 losses??

Its all about the result! And nothing else matters. It is purely a numbers game...kick a higher score than the opponent - End of Story. And thats what we've done 10 out of 10 this year.

2004 this, 2004 that.....Which streak is better. Why we need to drop ten players, why we are crap.....Why Geelong will beat us (lets think about that when the time comes).

GET OVER IT.....All that matters is the four points and all the matters is winning this week.

Again this week I dont care how we play as long as we get the 4 points and the same for the week after and so on and so forth.

Dont complain. We've waited for 43 years and still no flag. We've had some exciting teams and great moments but still no flag.

I'd take last nights win every single week, without a doubt.....

Cheers up people, its a numbers game....

Interesting to see last night RL and Roo after the game were very happy. Its all about the outcome! This rest is worth nothing once the siren sounds.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: A numbers game

Finna wrote:I am constantly amused by people on this forum who simply cannot help themselves but to bag our team and our players.

Surely it is about the outcomes and not the way the game is won. Seriously, I couldn't care less if we'd won every game by a point and had looked crap all year.

Pretty football and great skills for 100 mins doesn't guarantee you a win and I'd take an ugly win with crap skills on display over an amazing performance with incredible skills and a 1 point loss.

What is the outcome???

At the end of the day all that matters is the four points...week in, week out. You take each game as it comes and you focus on doing what needs to be done to get the four points. No more needs to be said!

I doesn't matter if it looks pretty or not (swans '05 and '06) all that matters is getting the four points. Would you rather that we were the excitement machine of the comp but were sitting in sixth with 5 wins and 5 losses or even 7 wins and 3 losses??

Its all about the result! And nothing else matters. It is purely a numbers game...kick a higher score than the opponent - End of Story. And thats what we've done 10 out of 10 this year.

2004 this, 2004 that.....Which streak is better. Why we need to drop ten players, why we are crap.....Why Geelong will beat us (lets think about that when the time comes).

GET OVER IT.....All that matters is the four points and all the matters is winning this week.

Again this week I dont care how we play as long as we get the 4 points and the same for the week after and so on and so forth.

Dont complain. We've waited for 43 years and still no flag. We've had some exciting teams and great moments but still no flag.

I'd take last nights win every single week, without a doubt.....

Cheers up people, its a numbers game....

Interesting to see last night RL and Roo after the game were very happy. Its all about the outcome! This rest is worth nothing once the siren sounds.

Exactly, thats why I avoid watching the games and wait for the result in the paper the next day.

Football is one-dimensional.

....I dont even think the coaching staff re-view the game if they come off a win....makes sense because clearly nothing else matters.

Finna
Club Player

Of course they review the game but they wouldn't spend much time analysing it. Thats what this forums for. They spend their time preparing for next week....Move On.... :roll: