Beating North Melbourne...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintdooley wrote:sorry i didnt make the joke. but as a few of you would know, my sense of humour is very bad, and i found that so funny. :lol:
i find a lot of things funny, such as: people falling over, teachers dropping their markers, someone opening up their locker to find yesterdays banana i chucked in there while they were not looking, the "why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side" always makes me laugh because its so bad, someone not getting their drink at the vending machine even when they pay for it....the list just never ends. :D

small things amuse small minds ffs......grow up..... :roll:
Like most kids do, I suspect he will.

Jesus. Harsh.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

i haven't seen north play this year - what's with this ben ross kid? looks like he's had decent numbers the last four weeks. also looks pretty small. i assume he's a flashy uncontested ball midfielder of the sort that often cut us up?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

That's just it bergholt...I know NOTHING about the Roos beyond the obvious...Simpson, Wells, Hale, Petrie, McIntosh.

They always seem to be involved in fairly dour games. Last week was no exception from the small portiion of about ten minutes that I actually watched.

I hardly recognised any of their list, although they do have a medium sized forward who looks suspiciously like the bad guy from The Da Vinci Code....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints "due to lose".

Sounds like Nth think all they have to do is turn up on Saturday for the four points.

Nice mindset North.

Very cocky and complacent.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

What we are due for is a 4 quarter domination and demolition.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Saints "due to lose".

Sounds like Nth think all they have to do is turn up on Saturday for the four points.

Nice mindset North.

Very cocky and complacent.
I think u'll find that it was a tongue in cheek comment.

Quite the opposite of being cocky - A response like stating that's the only thing going for them, the only chance they have of winning.....

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda will have to be wary of their rucks drifting down into their forward line. Hale and McIntosh are very good kicks at goal. Our defenders will have to continue to work for each other and offer the 3rd man up in all marking contests. King and McEvoy(?) will be best suited camping between their goal square and their forward 50 metre arc.

CJ should take Wells as he does ignite them if given space to move. I'd like to see McQ or Geary pick up Simpson who is in good form. IMO it's an opportunity for them to see the ilk of player who I believe they could become.

For some reason I think Petrie may take Roo, leaving the Burrito or Gibson for Kosi. This may be an opportunity to play Goose and stretch the North defence, keeping the likes of Petrie and the Burrito in defence, away from their forward line and midfield.

Aaron Edwards needs to be watched as he's a beautiful lead and kick, perhaps Gilbert. Hopefully Milne does play because I think he'll get plenty of opportunities.

We do have the class through the backs, mids and forwards. We probably will lose in the rucks. Provided we bring the effort we should wear them down and win comfortably. Another opportunity to keep a side under 10 goals and hopefully our accuracy returns.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Wont be a walk in the park thats for sure.We have a much better team & should be too good if we can get back to the form we were in a month ago.Football is a strange game & if you give a sucker an even break who knows what can happen.

rexy
SS Life Member

Dawson-Hale
Blake-Petrie
Fisher-Edwards

Thomas and Campbell tough match ups if both playing.

Warren is becoming a good medium forward for them and I agree that Gilbert will go to him.

Think Goldstein will get Kosi and Gibson or Firrito will get Roo?

Better players for them to me have been Ziebbel McMahon Swallow Urqhart. These type of lesser known players have been very good. they use it well by foot are well sized and can all run and carry. A very hard working side and we must be at the top of our games IMO.

Maybe this year?
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

markp wrote:What we are due for is a 4 quarter domination and demolition.
This.

We haven't absolutely smashed a team in weeks - we've been "due for a loss" for a few weeks now and haven't yet done it so who's to say it will happen this week?

I think we're more due to smash the crap out of someone. If we don't do it this week, I'll be more than happy to do it the following week! :D

Of course, I don't think it will be a walk in the park - I think it will be tough and hard fought but we should bring home the four points.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

NORTH MELBOURNE v ST KILDA
North Melbourne
B: Nathan Grima, Scott Thompson, Scott McMahon
HB: Gavin Urquhart, Josh Gibson, Daniel Pratt
C: Ben Ross, Jack Ziebell, Sam Wright
HF: Daniel Wells, Drew Petrie, Lindsay Thomas
F: Ben Warren, David Hale, Matt Campbell
Foll: Hamish McIntosh, Adam Simpson, Leigh Harding
I/C: Brady Rawlings, Sam Power, Andrew Swallow, Michael Firrito
Emg: Daniel Harris, Corey Jones, Todd Goldstein

In: Power, Pratt, Campbell, Grima
Out: Levi Greenwood, Todd Goldstein, Daniel Harris, Aaron Edwards

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:NORTH MELBOURNE v ST KILDA
North Melbourne
B: Nathan Grima, Scott Thompson, Scott McMahon
HB: Gavin Urquhart, Josh Gibson, Daniel Pratt
C: Ben Ross, Jack Ziebell, Sam Wright
HF: Daniel Wells, Drew Petrie, Lindsay Thomas
F: Ben Warren, David Hale, Matt Campbell
Foll: Hamish McIntosh, Adam Simpson, Leigh Harding
I/C: Brady Rawlings, Sam Power, Andrew Swallow, Michael Firrito
Emg: Daniel Harris, Corey Jones, Todd Goldstein

In: Power, Pratt, Campbell, Grima
Out: Levi Greenwood, Todd Goldstein, Daniel Harris, Aaron Edwards
Aaron Edwards omission has to be good for us?

Quixote
SS Life Member

Hale and their other tall forwards worry me.

That albino Ben Warren can play and must be watched closely.

They have a couple of pretty capable backman - the guy that played on J Brown last week (Gibson?) was very good.

I've been saying for a few weeks - danger game.

Never write off North - even if their supporters do.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I honestly think they are a pretty nothing team. At the same time you shouldnt under estimate anyone, but seriously, they are not much, should win.