Are you a real man??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

Are you a real man??

Or total softc$$k?

If we win the flga, will you cry?

I would ball my eyes out without shame, and probably kiss anyone within a 5k radius.

I remember in 97 I was so choked up, that I couldn't sing the National Anthem.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

There will be tears.

Batnoe

why does it make you a soft c**k?

if we made it and we won or lost id probably be balling...

i am man enough to say that i would

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Without a doubt, 97 was like loosing a loved one.

Before Im 85
starsign
Club Player

As a 21 y. o. I went to the 66 GF with my dad who grew up in Prahran a few drop kicks from Junction Oval
The old man was a pretty tough digger from WW2 and on the siren he turned to me and hugged me crushing a few ribs
When he finally released me there were tears rolling down his face
I'd never seen him cry before (or ever again actually)
" Dad your crying mate" I said
"Yeah Son I just wished my Dad had of lived to see this seen this " he replied
My Pa had a grocers shop in Prahran another avid supporter , and he died at 94 never seeing his beloved Saints win a flag

So I recon the score has gotta be:
PA= 0 flags
Dad 1
and Me ...surely 2 !
and in the Stan Alves vernacular " I gotta tell ya" I'll be at the G again for our next tilt I hope , and I'm pretty sure I'll follow in my dear old dads footsteps and let a few roll!
(hell I'm almost doing it now as I relive the moment so how will I be if and when we get up again?)

They still claim the "66 GF" was the most emotional ever
There was more moisture around late that afternoon at the G than ever seen at Moorabbin, even when they left the hoses on all night!!
Last edited by starsign on Thu 04 Jun 2009 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

WTF? I can cry just thinking about it !! :shock:

Im not ashamed.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Great story starsign, really sums up the passion in our sport.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

If we make the Grand Final I will taking my mother's St.Kilda bomber jacket my brother and I bought her for Christmas so many years ago.
In the pocket of that jacket will be my Grandfather's MCC tie.
This will mean that 3 generations of St.Kilda supporters will be represented at the ground.
I can guarantee if we win my head will be buried in that jacket sobbing and I'll look to the heavens and say they finally did it.
I wear my emotions on my sleeve and I'll be very happy and sad too because my Mom and Grandfather weren't able to be there physically with me.

Then after that emotion is released, there will be a chilled bottle of Moet Chandon waiting for me and friends and the game recorded on my Hard Drive to watch again and again ...........

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

If we win the flag this year I will cry like a newborn baby, I dont think there is anything wrong with that at all.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Cry? I'll be sobbing tears of joy everytime I think about it... 97, as someone mentioned above, was like losing a loved one. The two prelim losses in 2004 and 2005 were nearly as devastating.

That's what St Kilda is all about - the passion, the heartache...We've all lived through the same rollercoaster (others, for much longer than me admittedly). I don't think crying on GF day is anything to be ashamed about at all. Take away passion from sport, and what are you left with? A game... But we all know, as the song goes, it's more than a game!

The Saints are coming!
jk23
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Without a doubt, 97 was like loosing a loved one.
I still cannot listen to the crows song.. gives me a scik feeling every time I hear it... I usually mute the sound on tv and block my ears at the footy
ps I am a female :wink:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I wont cry, but i guess thats different as i am 15

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintly_safes
Club Player

Went to the 97 loss & I cried like a little girl. I was so confident before the game & thought the drought would finally break but unfortunately it wasnt to be . It took me weeks to come to terms with the fact we hadnt won. Still to this day when i think about what could have been (& should have been) it depresses me . I put it down as the second saddest day of my life , the saddest day of my life was when my dad died(RIP Hazza) & he too was a passionate saints supporter.Lets hope the boys can bring home the big one & instead of tears of pain lets hope they're tears of joy :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

F***, man. I've been known to cry when we win a close home and away game. It's just how the whole experience leaves my system I think....

97 I was farking hopeless.

04 and 05 I wasn't much better.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

No tears for me, I don't think I have any left..so I guess I'm a real man. 8-)

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Had them pouring down my cheeks at the Great Man's last game....... :(

SaintDebi
Club Player

From a female's perspective: A real man knows how to cry.

esaint66
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:I wont cry, but i guess thats different as i am 15

I'm 16, and of course havent't been around to go through a majority of the pain, but i will definately cry. Like i did on the 3rd level in 1997 :cry: :cry:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I never felt any the less of Billy Brownless in 2007 when the Cats won it.

It was FANTASTIC and so genuine. Always like Billy but love him after that.

Dont know about crying. I usually dont cry when I am really happy.

I did cry like a baby with pride at the Opening Ceremony of the 2000 Olympics though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

starsign wrote:As a 21 y. o. I went to the 66 GF with my dad who grew up in Prahran a few drop kicks from Junction Oval
The old man was a pretty tough digger from WW2 and on the siren he turned to me and hugged me crushing a few ribs
My Pa had a grocers shop in Prahran another avid supporter , and he died at 94 never seeing his beloved Saints win a flag

PA= 0 flags
Dad 1
and Me ...surely 2 !
and in the Stan Alves vernacular " I gotta tell ya" I'll be at the G again for our next tilt I hope , and I'm pretty sure I'll follow in my dear old dads footsteps and let a few roll!
(hell I'm almost doing it now as I relive the moment so how will I be if and when we get up again?)

There was more moisture around late that afternoon at the G than ever seen at Moorabbin, even when they left the hoses on all night!!
Be prepared because I've never felt as confident and close to flag as I do now. I really sense this club has all the ingredients to take it out if not this year very soon after and make no mistake about it they WILL be with you celebrating together.

How can any of us not cry? So many emotions bottled up for so long. Whenever I think of the 97 loss all I think about is what Nicky had to cope with and breaking down after the siren. It broke my heart and it still brings tears to my eyes now.

I'm not too proud to admit it. I'll be emotional thinking of everyone who have become so desperate for a St Kilda premiership including ALL OF YOU.

Like me I know how much it means to all of you and that's why regardless of different opinions and frustrations that create bad behaviour on here, I'd like to think all of us show lenience because at the end of the day we're all on this same mission together.

Milton66
SS Life Member

starsign wrote:As a 21 y. o. I went to the 66 GF with my dad who grew up in Prahran a few drop kicks from Junction Oval

PA= 0 flags
Dad 1
and Me ...surely 2 !

Nice story.

My mum knitted me a scarf when I was 9.. about 8 feet long. It's now re. cream and black. As much as I love this tear's membership scarf, I'll be wearing the old one come September.

And if we win, I'll get my black car and put the Saints logo on the bonnet, and the number 09 on the fron doors, and a big PREMIERS 2009 acroos the top of the windscreen.

Swear to god!

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

This is a real man.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:if we made it and we won or lost id probably be balling..
I'd be balling too! Out of complete enjoyment and happiness. My wife understands my suffering as a Saints supporter so she would be obliging.

However I think that as soon as we won I would be bawling like a child.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Seriously doubt I cry for a win, but I would scream like it was a Bruce Dickinson instruction (Maiden fans will get that),

Cried when we lost in 97, just the agony of having had it within our grasp and letting it slip.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

there could be a couple rolling down my cheek. If Harves was playing then full on like a baby