Creating History

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Creating History

A fantastic effort today...just shows how much we have matured..last year our chances after a start like that would have been next to zero...

Heard Bally talking to Bucks on 3 a dub and said the focus when things are not going as planned is just team orietated now whereas in the past would have been individuals trying to win it themselves outside the team rules...

David King reckons there is not a weakness in our lineup

Really starting to believe we are on the cusp of something very special this year...

and Ross Lyon is the real deal as a genuine coach... no doubt in my mind.

I have just cracked a cold Melbourne now and want to propose a first online saintsational toast[all together now :wink: ] to something we have never seen in our lifetimes...11 straight wins :shock: :)

YOU BLOODY BEAUTYS SAINTERS CHEERS!!!! :twisted: :wink: :D
Last edited by saint patrick on Sat 06 Jun 2009 6:51pm, edited 4 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Best win of the season!

Statsman
Club Player

Good call! I'm off to the bar fridge myself to join you in a cold one. Cheers!

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
hotdish
Club Player

FYI

12th straight win at Etithad (Telstra Dome) - Good effort!

Last loss there was R11 2008 v WB (June 8), so we haven't lost there for a year!

felixleo
Club Player

If David King could not spot a weakness in our line up i would say he could kiss the richmond job goodbye next year and not bother to apply.

Are you gonna be the one?
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

felixleo wrote:If David King could not spot a weakness in our line up i would say he could kiss the richmond job goodbye next year and not bother to apply.
Killjoy Felix :x

...King was meaning we have the goods re team balance [solid defence/strong midfield and two key forwards with quality crummers especially when Milney gets back next week]and just need to produce the goods to seriously worry any side including the cats!

...get a drink into your hand and enjoy a bloody hard fought victory FFS :?

....No St.Kilda side has ever been where we arrived today...

Read my lips...ENJOY THE MOMENT!!!

I know I will :twisted:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Re: Creating History

saint patrick wrote:A fantastic effort today...just shows how much we have matured..last year our chances after a start like that would have been next to zero...

Heard Bally talking to Bucks on 3 a dub and said the focus when things are not going as planned is just team orietated now whereas in the past would have been individuals trying to win it themselves outside the team rules...

David King reckons there is not a weakness in our lineup

Really starting to believe we are on the cusp of something very special this year...

and Ross Lyon is the real deal as a genuine coach... no doubt in my mind.

I have just cracked a cold Melbourne now and want to propose a first online saintsational toast[all together now :wink: ] to something we have never seen in our lifetimes...11 straight wins :shock: :)

YOU BLOODY BEAUTYS SAINTERS CHEERS!!!! :twisted: :wink: :D
Seems that II teams haven't been too successful at finding a weakness.

Haven't had a drink for 3 months but have raised the glass [Chivers Regal scotch and dry] for this special occassion.

Cheers everyone :D

A significant milestone in an exciting journey.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I'll have a nice port later on tonight, but a good win today, full of character, discipline and special to once again see them be a little merciless in the end.
Plus it was nice to crack the ton again.
Actually listening to 3AW after the game I not only think we beat North, but I think we broke them, 8 injuries, don't think they will be winning next week.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

hotdish wrote:FYI

Last loss there was R11 2008 v WB (June 8), so we haven't lost there for a year!
Isn't it the 13th straight win at Etihad?

Great to break the 10 game streak. Another monkey off the back - the previous 10 game streak was more of a hindrance than an achievement for us. Onwards and upwards now!

mick13
Club Player

I'll down multiple beers tonight for the Sainters!

Really shouldn't though, in fact I hope I dont :P

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:I'll down multiple beers tonight for the Sainters!

Really shouldn't though, in fact I hope I dont :P
Just don't drive Mick..and savour every mouthfull...tastes like nectar from the gods tonight...will sit and watch our opponents next week and have a quiet sip... :wink:

In the words of agent 86....

And loving it :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sat 06 Jun 2009 7:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
hotdish wrote:FYI

Isn't it the 13th straight win at Etihad?

Great to break the 10 game streak. Another monkey off the back - the previous 10 game streak was more of a hindrance than an achievement for us. Onwards and upwards now!

yep...and six to kossi was another first......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

It means Jack shite unless we win the flag. As for the best win for the year well I must have missed most games. They had us early and I think we may have still just got up but their injuries really cost them. Lets face it if we had their injuries during the game we lose.

Anyway lets just keep on winning and hopefully the final game in September is ours.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:It means Jack shite unless we win the flag. As for the best win for the year well I must have missed most games. They had us early and I think we may have still just got up but their injuries really cost them. Lets face it if we had their injuries during the game we lose.

Anyway lets just keep on winning and hopefully the final game in September is ours.
We were controlling the game before the injuries I thought, you need to enjoy the journey as well as the outcome

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:It means Jack shite unless we win the flag. As for the best win for the year well I must have missed most games. They had us early and I think we may have still just got up but their injuries really cost them. Lets face it if we had their injuries during the game we lose.

We were controlling the game before the injuries I thought, you need to enjoy the journey as well as the outcome
And the injuries are part of the game.

Point is we didn't have their injuries!!!

From the 10 minute mark of the second quarter we gained control.

All credit to the coaching staff and the playing group, Roos could not keep up with us if they had 28 fit blokes from that point.

Our preparation is second to none and our fitness and hardness, while tested somewhat today, came through with flying colours.

That was a magnificent 75 point turnaround win in anyone's books.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

We had injuries and they cost us a shot at the flag in 04 & 05. Anyone back then comment that we would have won the flag if we weren't carrying so many injuries? Anyone feel sorry for us? No! I don't wish injuries on any team, but on the same token I won't feel sorry for them.

It was fought hard and tough today after the first half and most of their injuries today were due to our pressure and strength around the ball.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

We had injuries and they cost us a shot at the flag in 04 & 05. Anyone back then comment that we would have won the flag if we weren't carrying so many injuries? Anyone feel sorry for us? No! I don't wish injuries on any team, but on the same token I won't feel sorry for them.

It was fought hard and tough today after the first half and most of their injuries today were due to our pressure and strength around the ball.
Beautifully succincted saint 75...nailed it :wink:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sat 06 Jun 2009 8:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: They had us early and I think we may have still just got up but their injuries really cost them. Lets face it if we had their injuries during the game we lose.
North did not have us early.
Yes they were playing very well...
But Saints were messin around a bit.
We still dominated the inside 50's early on...but were not scoring..and when we did score we were not converting well.

Throughout the game we stuck to our gameplan...and once we started using the ball wbetter we got on top on the scoreboard.

IMO...no way we would have lost with the same injuries.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

My quote at quarter time on the match thread
It's like watching a rolling scrum.

Wait and see if the Roos have got the go in them to keep it up for 90 more minutes though. I don't think they will.

Telling quarter coming up here.
And it was - they played us close man on man and smashed us physically - but they couldn't sustain it.

Our physicality, fitness, hardness and skill won out - simple really.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

They were completely gone at 3 quarter time - looking at them limping to the huddle vs us who ran to the huddle said it all.

Far from the best win of the season, but nice to finish off the opposition when they were shot.

claystreet
Club Player

Been off the juice for awhile but a few Stouts passed the lips last night

Toast to the Saints

cheers
8-)