The second half of the mids rounds 1 to 11

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The second half of the mids rounds 1 to 11

For the first 11 rounds, we have outscored the opposition in every second half of every game with a combined 90 to 45 goals (200%). In every game, Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes, et al, have had a birthday in the final quarter. It appears that while tags can stick for three quarters they can't for four, at least on top notch players. Our mids have been criticised by some for being too one paced, which maybe be true. Fortunately, that pace is better than the opposition when push comes to shove (so far).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The second half of the mids rounds 1 to 11

perfectionist wrote:For the first 11 rounds, we have outscored the opposition in every second half of every game with a combined 90 to 45 goals (200%). In every game, Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes, et al, have had a birthday in the final quarter. It appears that while tags can stick for three quarters they can't for four, at least on top notch players. Our mids have been criticised by some for being too one paced, which maybe be true. Fortunately, that pace is better than the opposition when push comes to shove (so far).
Pace is the most overated thing if you move the ball quickly as we did in the second half yesterday.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...Pace is the most overated thing if you move the ball quickly as we did in the second half yesterday.
However true that might be, it was not the point I was making, but I suppose you realise that. It's a pity that you seem determined to make a negative comment about almost all threads even if they are designed to praise our team.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:...Pace is the most overated thing if you move the ball quickly as we did in the second half yesterday.
However true that might be, it was not the point I was making, but I suppose you realise that. It's a pity that you seem determined to make a negative comment about almost all threads even if they are designed to praise our team.
What are you talking about. I was saying they we may not be quick with leg speed but we move it better than nearly all the other sides. I dont see anything negative at all with that. I was agreeing with you.