standing room only- geelong game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

standing room only- geelong game

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
Round 14 ticketing information

Sat, Jun 06, 09
As announced by the Club on the website and via email, Level 3 seating for our Round 14 match against Geelong went on sale on Friday June 5th. As valued members, we want to ensure that you are aware that there are just 2000 Standing Room tickets remaining for this match.

This match is a fully ticketed match which means that all General Admission members (those who do not hold a Reserved Seat) will need to upgrade their membership to a paper ticket.

As this is our home match, members with an Annual Reserved Seat can scan their 2009 Membership card at the turnstiles and proceed to their designated seat.

St Kilda Social Club members also should note that Social Club seating has SOLD OUT as of Sunday June 7th.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: standing room only- geelong game

astounding that it's not being played at the mcg
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 10 Jun 2009 12:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

yipper
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:astoundin that it's not being played at the mcg
Yeah, but what an atmosphere there will be at the Dome on that Sunday arvo. Huge match, huge build-up the crowd roar should be a predominantly sainters one!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Jeez,thank god for the facebook updates from the club,as I'm yet to recieve an email...this year!
Anyhow,I'm now booked!
Who said facebooks only purpose is for stalking

Bring back the Lockett era
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:astounding that it's not being played at the mcg
I'm content with sitting in a packed dome with the roof closed if the weather we having now continues.Always prefer to see the skills of 2 class teams in dry conditions .Aware of the MCG practice and "thats where the big one is played" arguements but lets cross that bridge when we get there.

Don't think the ground will decide the Grand final.Should suit our set up just as much...and the G is a level playing field IMO.

For now I can't wait for Sunday arvo at the Dome...glad I got good seats early last week 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

well i'm glad that it suits you, st patrick :wink:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

It's funny though, every time we are told a game is a 'sell out', the ground is never full? Will be interesting to see if it actually hits over the 50,000 mark.

Sunday Red
Club Player

What if it p!sses with hail and rain (which could happen!!) on that day and only 50,000 rock up to the G? When all is said and done we'd make a LOSS on the game. It's a calculated risk. Would be good to see the MCG full, but personally I'm not fussed where it is. GO SAINTERS!

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

I was told, via internet, phone and outlet that the social club seating on level 1 was sold out prior to 12 noon Friday - what do they mean sold out Sunday - I tried 1 ticket and 2 tickets and couldn't get any!!!!!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
It's funny though, every time we are told a game is a 'sell out', the ground is never full? Will be interesting to see if it actually hits over the 50,000 mark.
I dont think we will get 50000 to a tickered game. It is to cheap for members to book tickets so if they dont feel like going they just dont. But there isnt any choice since they made the stupid decision not to move the game.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
I dont think we will get 50000 to a tickered game. It is to cheap for members to book tickets so if they dont feel like going they just dont. But there isnt any choice since they made the stupid decision not to move the game.
whoaaa plugger.... does 'they', the AFL, know that your saying this... its not in your contract to call your employer stupid is it???... :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
whoaaa plugger.... does 'they', the AFL, know that your saying this... its not in your contract to call your employer stupid is it???... :wink:
I am allowed to bag the AFL 3 times ayear under my contract. This counts as half a bagging as it sounds like it was as much if not more to do with the dome as much as the AFL. Still got two and half bagging's left.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
I am allowed to bag the AFL 3 times ayear under my contract. This counts as half a bagging as it sounds like it was as much if not more to do with the dome as much as the AFL. Still got two and half bagging's left.
ok, just making sure your read the fine print... job well done... :lol:

sainter35
Club Player

What reserved seat member or medallion club member in their right mind wouldn't turn up to this game?

It will definitely exceed 50,000 and there will be an incredible atmosphere.

From all reports the club will make a lot of money out of the full house so that's not a concern. However this game SHOULD have been played at the MCG. I don't care about how difficult the logistics for moving the game may have been. At least 30,000 will miss out on a ticket and our players will be denied the opportunity of getting some valuable finals type experience at the ground where the finals played.

Anyway, I hope our supporters were smart enough to snap up the majority of the tickets. There's been plenty of warnings on here so I wouldn't think any Saintsational regulars would have missed out.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Whilst on the Geelong game. This proves with only 2000 standing room tickets left how stupid it was that the game wasnt moved. Still 3 weeks to go and basically all tickets sold. If it was at the G we would guess that this many would have already been sold so there would only be about 15000 left to sell in 3 weeks. Then you include the AFL and MCC members and we would be get a crowd of at least 85000. Even if the weather was no good it wouldnt really matter to us as the tickets would have already been sold so we still get our huge profit.

Have no idea on figures but would suggest it has cost us at least 250,000 which is basically a second major sponsor.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Whilst on the Geelong game. This proves with only 2000 standing room tickets left how stupid it was that the game wasnt moved. Still 3 weeks to go and basically all tickets sold. If it was at the G we would guess that this many would have already been sold so there would only be about 15000 left to sell in 3 weeks. Then you include the AFL and MCC members and we would be get a crowd of at least 85000. Even if the weather was no good it wouldnt really matter to us as the tickets would have already been sold so we still get our huge profit.

Have no idea on figures but would suggest it has cost us at least 250,000 which is basically a second major sponsor.
Yes but...

There would have to be compensation paid to Etihad Stadium..

Compensation paid to the holders of the Super Boxes ect...

It would have been a nightmare to have worked it all out

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Whilst on the Geelong game. This proves with only 2000 standing room tickets left how stupid it was that the game wasnt moved. Still 3 weeks to go and basically all tickets sold. If it was at the G we would guess that this many would have already been sold so there would only be about 15000 left to sell in 3 weeks. Then you include the AFL and MCC members and we would be get a crowd of at least 85000. Even if the weather was no good it wouldnt really matter to us as the tickets would have already been sold so we still get our huge profit.

Yes but...

My mate who has a very important job at the G said they would have to pay all that as they were also going to get bigger profits because of the game. We wouldnt have had to pay a cent. Yes it would have been a nightmare to work out but I wish they could have done something even if not for the profits but for the 35000 who will miss the game which is probably the most important thing in the long run.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

the 35000 who will miss the game which is probably the most important thing in the long run.
Only if every single one of them were Saints fans would I care. I care not a jot if Cats fans cant get in.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely disgusted this isn't being played at the MCG.

If both teams were unbeaten, it could have drawn 90,000.

It would have been a money-spinner beyond belief.

I'm excited about the game, about who'll win, all that - but, on a purely financial AND fan-friendly (who would have thought those two were compatable?) persepctive, it shouldn't have been played anywhere but at the 'G.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
the 35000 who will miss the game which is probably the most important thing in the long run.
Only if every single one of them were Saints fans would I care. I care not a jot if Cats fans cant get in.
More profit for the club if they were Cats fans.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
More profit for the club if they were Cats fans.
True, but I'd say that up to 20,000 Saints fans will miss out on going. For H&A, that's just wrong.

"Serves 'em right for not being members?" - Sure: at finals time.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Yes but...

My mate who has a very important job at the G said they would have to pay all that as they were also going to get bigger profits because of the game. We wouldnt have had to pay a cent. Yes it would have been a nightmare to work out but I wish they could have done something even if not for the profits but for the 35000 who will miss the game which is probably the most important thing in the long run.
It would have to have been a huge compensation to pay, also Etihad Stadium were threatening to sue.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Anyway, no sense crying over spilt (cats) milk. I'm in, and looking forward to seeing the tactics and the contests. Let's hope some bludger intermediate team doesn't spoil the occasion.

Richter
SS Life Member

What's the problem, I got a second row ticket on level 3 around the inside 50 mark for the price of the booking fee?

:D :wink:

Kidding....... well, not with my ticket which I am stoked about..... but I am in agreement with Ev and plugger66. Ridiculous that this game was not moved.

I know at least a couple of my mates (Cats and Tigers) who wanted to come but have not been able to get a ticket.

The AFL by and large IMO do a great job of promoting the game..... but have missed a huge chance here.....

In fact they missed a huge opportunity since 2004 to build this fixture up into a truly big match-up. Was obvious back then that we would be 2 of the bigger clubs in the following few years.... and there was a rivalry that seemed to get built up during and after that 04 Wizard Cup win.

Would have made a perfect Good Friday game - or Rivalry Round game..... or Fri night of the bye (other week to Sydney Collingwood)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

What it proves is that Collo is an absolute first rate farkwit and is intent on the legal course and sticking it up the AFL whenever he can.

Talk about bad Karma he has inflicted upon himself!

What a lowlife of a person, dispicable, not worthy of being a human being.