How pathetically sad...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

How pathetically sad...

...that every week at about this time I sit here like a complete loser sweating on the appearance of a team list...

:?

Batnoe

u should wait 1 hour

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

That's what I mean...I'm always living in hope that there might be an early announcemnet or something...I really need to get out more...

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

You are not alone believe me....Guilty as charged :oops: :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Im sweating on Milney. s*** we need him back this week. Gilbert as well, but Milne at least.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Are you a chance to be named?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Alas, from experience, I can tell you that 25 years ago, there was no sweating on the team list to appear, because it always seemed to have about ten changes, half of whom you had never heard of before. And after that week, they were never heard of again! Twenty years prior to that, was much more pleasurable - lying in bed with the trannie (a small portable radio in those days rather than a...) listening to Lou, Ron & Bobby on 3DB, even before they went to Tellie. Which brings us back to Big Carl.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Lol, I know the feeling, I've been like this ever since I started playing dream team :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:oops: Oh well, at least there is plenty of us online around this day and time...

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The AFL mouthpiece SEN is still the one for the early news.

But geez dopey David schwarz is hard work :x
Last edited by saint patrick on Thu 11 Jun 2009 5:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:You are not alone believe me....Guilty as charged :oops: :wink:
+1

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Are you a chance to be named?
Forever hopeful.

Handy bullocking half back flanker in my day, I sported the number 32 for a club in, of all places, Sydney.

A little bit one-sided, though. In fact if there was a stat for measuring disproportionate ability between right and left feet and hands, I'd suggest I might find myself somewhere near the top. In fact as Ablett is to The Age awards, I would be to the right side over left stat.

Oh, lets face it. I was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit..............

Tried hard, though!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Before the days of the internet I used to love getting the Friday morning Sun newspaper turning it over and looking at the VFL teams on the back page - I can still see the format now

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Before the days of the internet I used to love getting the Friday morning Sun newspaper turning it over and looking at the VFL teams on the back page - I can still see the format now
Me too. We used to get The Age. Same pleasure though in assessing the footy to come on the weekend whilst having my breakfast on a Friday morning.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Before the days of the internet I used to love getting the Friday morning Sun newspaper turning it over and looking at the VFL teams on the back page - I can still see the format now
Me too. We used to get The Age. Same pleasure though in assessing the footy to come on the weekend whilst having my breakfast on a Friday morning.
Then on Sunday we would buy both the Sunday Press and the Melbourne Observer and read the footy reports and stats fervently - could never figure out which one I prefered to read although I remember one used to have a page 3 girl (or was it both??) :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Then on Sunday we would buy both the Sunday Press and the Melbourne Observer and read the footy reports and stats fervently - could never figure out which one I prefered to read although I remember one used to have a page 3 girl (or was it both??) :wink:

i go back to the pink paper on a saturday night...with a full write up on every game...all six of them played that afternoon........

mid week melbourne truth was good too.........used to buy it for the footy.....not the piccies...well...that's what i told me mum......anyone remember....dyer'ere

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
starsign
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Alas, from experience, I can tell you that 25 years ago, there was no sweating on the team list to appear, because it always seemed to have about ten changes, half of whom you had never heard of before. And after that week, they were never heard of again! Twenty years prior to that, was much more pleasurable - lying in bed with the trannie (a small portable radio in those days rather than a...) listening to Lou, Ron & Bobby on 3DB, even before they went to Tellie. Which brings us back to Big Carl.
Yep Memories !!
Cold winters thursday nights snug up in bed with a "hottie"
er that was a rubber hot water bottle if anyones worried!!
Listening to the radio , and even a crystal set as a kid!
Lou and Jack ! what absolute clowns !
It used to take Jack twice as long to read the teams out early in the season when he didn't have the foggiest on pronouncing the new recruits names...and they were a lot more straight forward than they are today
Took them a couple of seasons to get poor old Jezza right!

They used to give my now good mate up here in the bush, Peter Tossell heaps every time he was named for the Dees!

"ah look at that Jack", Lou would quip "I see that Tossell has popped up again for Melbourne" ... "yep he's always hard to keep down" Jack would offer.... and then they'd go off the air for about 5 minutes to regain composure!!
By the way he's a great bloke "Toss" up here in the NE and a real Legend
Played in heaps of premierships for the mighty Wangaratta Rovers and coached the O& M to a few Vic Country Championships
( and made numerous centuries in top grade cricket as well)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote: Lou and Jack ! what absolute clowns !
It used to take Jack twice as long to read the teams out early in the season when he didn't have the foggiest on pronouncing the new recruits names...and they were a lot more straight forward than they are today
Took them a couple of seasons to get poor old Jezza right!

They used to give my now good mate up here in the bush, Peter Tossell heaps every time he was named for the Dees!

"ah look at that Jack", Lou would quip "I see that Tossell has popped up again for Melbourne" ... "yep he's always hard to keep down" Jack would offer.... and then they'd go off the air for about 5 minutes to regain composure!!

i used to love listening to...and watching lou jack and bob davis........gold they were....should be declared national treasures.......well the two still alive.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.