Belvedere Park.. Any progress? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Belvedere Park.. Any progress? !!

Everything about our NEW elite training facility has gone quiet of late. I think it was stated some time ago that the oval was to be re-configured to the dimensions of the MCG and that the building/s would be complete and the whole place will be ready for use by around this time next year.

Now, I'm not in the construction industry or the turf management industry but I would think that there is a chyt load of work to be done over the next 12 months.

Has anyone been by there lately (or prepared to hae a look if they live down that way) to see if there has been any progress?

I would prefer it if this thread DID NOT turn into a pro/anti Belvedere Park arguement, but that might be too much dreaming on my part. I just want a bit of an update on where it is at !!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I'll be playing footy there this week

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
iceman
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:I'll be playing footy there this week
can;t be a great sign that it's not a construction zone... or that the oval isn't out of use to be re configured...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think there are 2, or even 3 ovals there so that mightn't be too bad !!

casey scorp
Club Player

Re: Belvedere Park.. Any progress? !!

Eastern wrote: Has anyone been by there lately (or prepared to hae a look if they live down that way) to see if there has been any progress?

I would prefer it if this thread DID NOT turn into a pro/anti Belvedere Park arguement, but that might be too much dreaming on my part. I just want a bit of an update on where it is at !!
I'll volunteer to go down there on the weekend and check it out.

But we all have a fair idea what I'll find.

Very, very silent isn't it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Eastern wrote: Has anyone been by there lately (or prepared to hae a look if they live down that way) to see if there has been any progress?

I'll volunteer to go down there on the weekend and check it out.

But we all have a fair idea what I'll find.

Very, very silent isn't it.
It will happen when it happens. We arent going to be left without a place to train so it doesnt matter when it is finished but my tip is next year. Doesnt seem to be effecting anyone though.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Come on Casey Scorp...... this thread is another terrific chance to put your boots into Seaford and the Saints Management..... where are you Casey Scorp???

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Come on Casey Scorp...... this thread is another terrific chance to put your boots into Seaford and the Saints Management..... where are you Casey Scorp???
lol.

He is trying hard.

I bet he can't wait to get down there on the weekend for an "impartial" and no biased view of the situation!

I guess being 12 zip stuffs things up a bit for him.....who would've thought we could be successful with substandard training facilities? (Certainly not me!).

oneeyesaint

Was done that way not so long ago (weekend) and no sign of construction. Only the sign 'New Home of the Saints'

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

oneeyesaint wrote:Was done that way not so long ago (weekend) and no sign of construction. Only the sign 'New Home of the Saints'
Surely that was contructed.

casey scorp
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:Come on Casey Scorp...... this thread is another terrific chance to put your boots into Seaford and the Saints Management..... where are you Casey Scorp???
saintspremiers wrote: lol.

He is trying hard.

I bet he can't wait to get down there on the weekend for an "impartial" and no biased view of the situation!

I guess being 12 zip stuffs things up a bit for him.....who would've thought we could be successful with substandard training facilities? (Certainly not me!).

I can certainly claim to be impartial in assessing the relative merits of Belvedere Park and Linton Street.

Being 12-0 doesn't change a thing in erspect of the need of the club to take a long term strategic view of off-field matters.

I'm absolutely rapt that we're 12-0, as I'm sure we all are (regardless of any of our views about other issues).

oneeyesaint has given us the drill - nothing at seaford but a sign last weekend. Still, that's a start. It will give heart to the lemmings.

But maybe during the week something has started, so I'll go down on Saturday and have a Captain Cook. And I'll provide an updated report.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: lol.

He is trying hard.

I can certainly claim to be impartial in assessing the relative merits of Belvedere Park and Linton Street.

Being 12-0 doesn't change a thing in erspect of the need of the club to take a long term strategic view of off-field matters.

I'm absolutely rapt that we're 12-0, as I'm sure we all are (regardless of any of our views about other issues).

oneeyesaint has given us the drill - nothing at seaford but a sign last weekend. Still, that's a start. It will give heart to the lemmings.

But maybe during the week something has started, so I'll go down on Saturday and have a Captain Cook. And I'll provide an updated report.
I spoke to one of the managers of the club a few weeks ago, and he hinted that it will not be ready in time

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

When will it be ready then Jeff?

When was it due for completion, ie. how late is the project already behind??

casey scorp
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:When will it be ready then Jeff?

When was it due for completion, ie. how late is the project already behind??
Funny how some things disappear from internet sites, but the great thing about the electronic age is that things spread so easily.

Construction due to commence - May 2009

Project available to move in - May 2010

The headline in interesting, but 7 months later all is quiet.

This just happens to be on the Jeld-wen site http://www.jeld-wen.com.au/pr/St-Kilda- ... 081114.php

Embarrassing reading now, even the lemmings would have to admit.

Saints on Time and on Budget for Frankston
14 Nov 2008

The St Kilda Football Club’s move to Belvedere Park Frankston is on budget and on target to be completed in 2010 as a concept plan was released this week, visually outlining the $11m elite training and administration facility.

Development is expected to commence following the planning process within six months and will be completed in May 2010 when the Saints assume residency of their new state of the art home.

St Kilda Football Club CEO Archie Fraser said, “It is with pride that the Saints can release these initial concept images of our world class training and administration facility to be built over the next 18 months at Belvedere Park in Frankston.â€

walski
Club Player

So when does the Moorabbin lease end officially ? :|

Tad worried now...

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
oneeyesaint wrote:Was done that way not so long ago (weekend) and no sign of construction. Only the sign 'New Home of the Saints'
Surely that was contructed.
:lol:

casey scorp
Club Player

It may be the only construction that ends up happening there!

(we, of the never give up on Linton Street group, hope)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:It may be the only construction that ends up happening there!

So its June 19 and it hasnt started. Bid deal they are 20 days late.

casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
casey scorp wrote:It may be the only construction that ends up happening there!

So its June 19 and it hasnt started. Bid deal they are 20 days late.
If they started 20 days late it wouldn't be a big deal.

But they aren't about to start are they.

Why don't you put a figure on it now? How long a delay are you prepared to say isn't a big deal?

Then we'll watch the days/months tick away.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

walski wrote:So when does the Moorabbin lease end officially ? :|

Tad worried now...
35 years or something like that 8-)

casey scorp
Club Player

saintly wrote:

Tad worried now...
It is now closer to, but still over, 30 years (provided we are still based there). If we move our base, we lose the right to it.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
I TRIED :roll: :roll:

I FAILED :roll: :roll: !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
saintly wrote:

Tad worried now...
It is now closer to, but still over, 30 years (provided we are still based there). If we move our base, we lose the right to it.
We wont lose our right to it because we are maintaining a Social Club / merchandise store at the location

Sorry..but the "Lets go back to Moorabbin" group is romantically wonderful, but has about the same chance of success as "Save Albert Park". Tie yellow ribbons all you like, but the training base is moving and the sooner people get used to it the better

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think the Social Club have a "Water Tight" lease at Moorabbin until 31 October 2040 !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
saintly wrote:

Tad worried now...
That is not fact at all. Matter of fact the Saints think they will keep the pokies there for sure. The ground goes but we have no need for that.