Damn you Zac!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jewellzy
Club Player

Damn you Zac!

Before you hit the reply button ready for flaming, I am referring to the fact that Zac Dawson cost me a chance at a lot of cash when he missed his set shot late in the last quarter on Sunday.

Hanging out at the TAB before the game, I decided to have a bit of a dabble in the exotics of the game. I had $10 on Joey for most disposals, $10 on Kosi for first goal and $10 on St.Kilda to score a behind for first score.

With $18 left on a voucher, I had a quick look at the margin betting. I was certain that the game was going to be an absolute belting in our favour, so imagine my surprise when I saw that Saints between 61-75 was showing the very juicy odds of 26/1.

So I threw the whole $18 on the bet and went to enjoy the game. At the 16-19 minute mark, Kosi kicks his 5th goal to put us 67 points clear. THe bet's safe, right? Wrong.

Two quick one's to the Tigers and all of a sudden I'm barracking for a goal like we're down by 5 points in a grand final. Well you know what happens next. Zac takes a mark in a mirror pocket to where he sealed Carlton's fate two weeks ago, goes back, misses terribly, siren goes and I miss out on trying to recoup the money I spent the Saturday night before.

Oh well.

Anyone else with hits and misses with our boys in the betting world?

The Phoenix Suns and St.Kilda Saints should have at least 5 championships between them since their sudden surge to elite status in 2004.

Actual championships: 0
Quixote
SS Life Member

I had some dough on Goddard to score the first goal, at $26 which I thought was overs. No dice.

My brother stood to collect over a grand if CJ kicked the first goal! :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Jewellzy
Club Player

Speaking of BJ, the guys on the machine before me had some cash on him for most disposals. Not sure how much, but I'm guessing they were smiling afterwards.

The Phoenix Suns and St.Kilda Saints should have at least 5 championships between them since their sudden surge to elite status in 2004.

Actual championships: 0
Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

haha he did the right thing by me :) I had $10 on Saints 40-59 @ $4.50

THANKYOU ZACHY :D