Training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AlpineStars
Club Player

Training

Dropped in to training today, left early, Max and Lenny I didn't see. I know they have been giving some of them days off now and then so I wouldn't be to concerned about lenny but maybe Max is still a little away. Everyone else looked fine Jones had his lower leg strapped prob for a corkie. I am sure someone else who stayed til the end may give a better sumary.

Wake me up when September ends.
goodie
Club Player

I didn't see Lenny, Maxy, Gram, L. Fisher or Armitage (might've just missed the latter two, there were a lot of players out there).

fingers
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:I didn't see Lenny, Maxy, Gram, L. Fisher or Armitage (might've just missed the latter two, there were a lot of players out there).
That's a much better summary LOL

S.A Saint
Club Player

Re: Training

AlpineStars wrote:Dropped in to training today, left early, Max and Lenny I didn't see. I know they have been giving some of them days off now and then so I wouldn't be to concerned about lenny but maybe Max is still a little away. Everyone else looked fine Jones had his lower leg strapped prob for a corkie. I am sure someone else who stayed til the end may give a better sumary.
going from the past 3 weeks or so on training pictures...im pretty sure that jones has had his lower leg strapped....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
AlpineStars wrote:Dropped in to training today, left early, Max and Lenny I didn't see. I know they have been giving some of them days off now and then so I wouldn't be to concerned about lenny but maybe Max is still a little away. Everyone else looked fine Jones had his lower leg strapped prob for a corkie. I am sure someone else who stayed til the end may give a better sumary.
going from the past 3 weeks or so on training pictures...im pretty sure that jones has had his lower leg strapped....
Some of the players wear pressure bandages to training and especially straight after a game.

goodie
Club Player

fingers wrote:
goodie wrote:I didn't see Lenny, Maxy, Gram, L. Fisher or Armitage (might've just missed the latter two, there were a lot of players out there).
Thankyou, I spent ages working on it

fingers
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:
fingers wrote:
Thankyou, I spent ages working on it
LOL ;)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
Some of the players wear pressure bandages to training and especially straight after a game.
Wow - what preparation for the game on Sunday.

Already got on the pressure bandages so they dont get DVT from the plane trip to WA.

They think of everything in the fitness dept. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Already got on the pressure bandages so they dont get DVT from the plane trip to WA.

They think of everything in the fitness dept. :D

Deep.......Vein.....Thrombosis.

I love saying that LOL

walski
Club Player

Interesting from my view that SOS was working Matt Maguire overtime during that session. Wouldn't be surprised that he may get called in this week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

walski wrote:Interesting from my view that SOS was working Matt Maguire overtime during that session. Wouldn't be surprised that he may get called in this week.
Why?

walski
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
walski wrote:Interesting from my view that SOS was working Matt Maguire overtime during that session. Wouldn't be surprised that he may get called in this week.
Why?
Just a hunch but probably way wrong by the press release on saints.com.au ;) We wait and see.

I could be right or look like an ass. Money is on ass at the moment.

goodie
Club Player

Didn't catch all of training, but notable events:

McGrath, Gardiner, Begley, Steven, S. Fisher and Baker did not train with the main group. Mainly ran laps, bit of kick-to-kick with Baker lairising about. First time I'd seen McGrath since the start of the year, still quite spindly. Gardzilla could rip off a limb and use it as a toothpick. Would've liked to have seen Steven in action, was a tad disappointed.

Most of the ground was used, but mainly away from the small spectator area. Players did kick-to-kick, Riewoldt and Kosi were in front of the crowd.

After much warming up, kicking and goalkicking practice. Montagna proved a pretty deadly shot from the boundary on his preferred side, BJ was a bit hit and miss. Others taking shots included Kosi, Roo, Schneider.

Gilbert was the first off the track, signed some autographs before going inside. Other players who joined in included Blake, Schneider, Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Gardiner, McQualter, McGrath, Dal, Milne, Jones and Goddard.

As above, did not sight Hayes, Gram, Hudghton, Armitage or L. Fisher. Didn't see Stanley either, but could've just missed him. No X or Allen obviously. Dempster, Maguire both looking pretty good.

That's about all I remember, and my memory is far from infallible, I'm sure someone else will have more.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Dempster looked raring to go from what I saw. Very sharp.

Mini hit the same post three times from the pocket in goal-kicking practice.

Baker looked to be favouring his left hand. Was trying to avoid catching with it at all costs.

Riewoldt is a phenomenal trainer, barely did a thing wrong.

Boys looked jovial. Gags were flying around. Team spirit must be incredibly high at the minute.

Jason Blake was signing autographs and was about to sign one for some kid who looked up at him, pulled his jumper away and said, "who are you?"

Haha bless. :lol:

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

it was cold and crowded, couldn't they have made the bit we can sit in the sun?? tempted to jump over to the seats... haha.
Mini had some pretty good goals too, which is handy, seeing he gets a few shots these days, reward for his f50 tackles.
good seeing most of the list out there too, even if I can't remember who half of them are... 17 is powell right? ... fiora?.. damn.

goodie
Club Player

OLB wrote:Jason Blake was signing autographs and was about to sign one for some kid who looked up at him, pulled his jumper away and said, "who are you?"

Ouch, that's cold. Didn't the kid see the banner on the weekend?
saint_mite wrote:good seeing most of the list out there too, even if I can't remember who half of them are... 17 is powell right? ... fiora?.. damn.
17 is Begley. But once the numbers get above magic 35, my knowledge is fuzzy. Our list is massive

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Kid was about 7. Blake saw the funny side of it. :lol:

goodie
Club Player

Timing's still ironic. :lol: In contrast I had to chase Blake halfway around the boundary to get his sig.

Was Blake allowed the honour of signing the kid's jumper?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

me either...ross stated before that they would try to get a game into him around the break.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mick13
Club Player

On the other hand, Kosi signed my jumper twice. :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Dempster looked raring to go from what I saw. Very sharp.

Baker looked to be favouring his left hand. Was trying to avoid catching with it at all costs.

Boys looked jovial. Gags were flying around. Team spirit must be incredibly high at the minute.

Jason Blake was signing autographs and was about to sign one for some kid who looked up at him, pulled his jumper away and said, "who are you?"

How did Raph train?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
OLB wrote:Dempster looked raring to go from what I saw. Very sharp.

How did Raph train?
Trained well, very talented footballer. However, when they were playing pig in the middle(keepings off), the ball was kicked to Raph who was under a bit of pressure from one of the new kids, and instead of gaining possession he inexplicably just slapped it forward.

I have no agenda.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

[quote="OLB"]

:[/quote

Very accurate kick our Mini.. 8-)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Watching them play pig in the middle I couldn't help but feel for the two rookies who were the designated 'pigs'.

Four players (Zac, Joey, Dal and Gwilt it was in front of the onlookers) about 20 metres apart, form a square and try to keep the footy away from these kids who are hustling their absolute asses off in an attempt to intercept it.

And there's Dal toying with these kids. Holding onto the footy for as long as possible, waiting for the pressure to arrive and when it did, he'd fake one way, then the other, before casually kicking it in between them.

Joey was the only one encouraging these kids to keep working.

At the end of the drill all of them, including the rookies, exchanged high fives which was a nice touch.

You just know those kids are thinking to themselves, "wait till you're 30 and past it, we'll see." :lol:

Another thing I noticed... Zac is a sprightly young fella. Wide-eyed, up and about, very eager, offering a high-five to anyone who was willing to accept one.

Wish I could get down to training more often. I had a ball I have to say.

Nattens
Club Player

Was a good day. Shame that Hayes, Gram and Hudghton didn't train. Was a shame that we were in the shade and as well. When I parked my car I thought "great, nice sunny day no need for the jacket" then stood in the shade for ages. Good to have a chat to some Saints fans old and young about how the year is going. Hadn't been to Moorabbin since before the demolition and it was sad to see a lot of history gone.

AWESOME to cover the jumper with autographs. As well as the big names Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Montagna, Koschitzke also got some of the young guys in Tungatatlum, Heyne, Simpkin and Connors. Managed to snag Ross Lyon and SOS as well. SOS looked surprised when I called him over to sign my Saints jumper :P

Nice to see my favourite player Zac Dawson in the flesh and gave him my kudos as my favourite :D. Told Michael Gardiner his mark was better than Leo Barry's and asked Matt Maguire when Ross was gonna give him a game. Answer was "Don't know mate, pretty strong side to try and break into". To Jason Blake "great match on the weekend mate". Shame I missed out on Jonesy, Gilbert and King though :(

Overall a nice way to spend the day off work. Nice to see a good healthy crowd of people down in front of the Huggins Stand watching the boys. Their morale seems high and they really seem to be enjoying the success of this season.