Can Pies Spoil Perfect Season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

Can Pies Spoil Perfect Season

Won a whole lot of games on the trot, no injuries - media are starting to write them up. Played a ton of games at MCG. A weak side when we played them. I'm beginning to fear the Cats less - are the Pies now the No 2 team in comp?

markp
Saintsational Legend

At this stage the filth are third.... and daylight is second.

Much prefer to face them at their best to the cats, would prefer to beat (smash) them in a GF too.... but losing to them would mean having to go live in the bush or leaving the country.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Must say I agree...

I am concerned about the PIES as there sea of supporters seem to intimidate other teams. If we have to play them in the finals would rather meet them first up than in the GF (given we make it).

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
asiu

imo , they are the enemy coming from left field

them in the grand final would ramp up the passion

hate em

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

As much as I'm super confident to smash Collingwood, the thought of playing them & somehow losing to them is one of the worst things I can imagine.

Especially with cricket starting the next week & a club full of filth bandwagoners to deal with.

Nah, come to think of it the only thing sweeter than a Grand Final win is a crushing Grand Final win over the Filth.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

They are well coached and have some very good players but do not have key forwards, which is why they work the ball around the boundary all the time. I think Alan Didak, their most dangerous player, will find Clint Jones a bit more close checking than the drongos who have played on him in the last two weeks.

No fear about the Pies.

To paraphrase someone else, the only thing the Saints have to fear is fear itself.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

perfectionist wrote:They are well coached and have some very good players but do not have key forwards, which is why they work the ball around the boundary all the time. I think Alan Didak, their most dangerous player, will find Clint Jones a bit more close checking than the drongos who have played on him in the last two weeks.

No fear about the Pies.

To paraphrase someone else, the only thing the Saints have to fear is fear itself.
Jones to Didak, Dempster to Swan, game over.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The Pies are crap! Biggest bunch of pretenders ever! It's only their supporters beating up the hype! They were supposedly going to end our run when we played them last time :lol:

What was the score again???

Q1

Pies 1.4

Saints 3.3

Q2

Pies 1.6

Saints 9.7

Q3

Pies 3.7

Saints 15.8

Q4

Pies 5.10

Saints 20.8

Collingwood 40 def by St Klida 128! :lol: Nothing much has changed!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

it's our flowering turn...so no.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:Collingwood 40 def by St Klida 128! :lol: Nothing much has changed!
Apart from the fact they've regained about 6 of their better players from that game ... :roll:

On any day any side can beat another. They can play some pretty good footy, and deserve a bit more respect that what you've dished up.

roxanne
Club Player

I dream of it being Collingwood. Oh please Great Saint in Heaven make it Collingwood - I can just see Cloke and O'Bree and Tarquin Lockyer (FFS) tearing us apart. Oh yeah........BRING IT ON.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Collingwood 40 def by St Klida 128! :lol: Nothing much has changed!
Apart from the fact they've regained about 6 of their better players from that game ... :roll:

On any day any side can beat another. They can play some pretty good footy, and deserve a bit more respect that what you've dished up.
You can give them some resepct, they'll get nothing from me! :wink: Them or their stinking supporters! :twisted:

I remember sitting in the stands during last seasons finals, surrounded by black & white scum and being told we were crap - born losers!! Funnily enough, we hit the lead and buried them! They went quiet and I gave every one of those monkeys an ear-bashing until they left! I've got no respect for them or their big-mouth supporters! End of story!
Last edited by St. Luke on Mon 10 Aug 2009 12:33pm, edited 3 times in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood fans are up and about, at least if they make the GF we will have the neutral fans on our side :D

aussiejones
Club Player

Watching Collingwood v Crows I wasnt impressed by collingwood.

It was a totally different game to ours in Launceston. Pies were playing kick and stop footy .

Pies wont know what has hit them when we meet again .

However , now Geelong is disintegrating the pies look our main threat

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Playing Collingwood don't bother me, we are a much better side than them.

We'd smash them by 10 goals.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Next!!!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Must say I agree...

WinnersOnly wrote:I am concerned about the PIES as there sea of supporters seem to intimidate other teams. If we have to play them in the finals would rather meet them first up than in the GF (given we make it).
I reckon if we make the GF and play the pies we'll have the whole world supporting us. There are restrictions on allocations of tickets. Every neutral supporter at the game will be barracking for us. We would outnumber them 2:1 I reckon

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

We don't have to pay them respect... but you can bet that Ross & the players do.

They're dangerous as much as we don't want to admit it.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

I would be concerned as this mean that we'd meat the Cats in the Prelim...

That would not be a walk in the park... Although down, the Cats are not out, and are imo are clearly our biggest threat...

If we were to get over them and play Collingwood in the Granny, the wait would be over... The Pies are nothing to worry about...

The Sainter
Club Player

Didn't the Hawks give them a thrashing a few weeks ago? Man up on Didak and Swan and play them very close plus start hitting Davis very hard but fairly and they sre in big trouble. The great Maxwell hardly ever gets a kick in a contest so we must make him accountable as he always goes for easy possessions on his own.

maz1685
Club Player

I do have a slight fear of Collingwood, but think about this. Everyone goes on about how much other teams have improved since we played them, that was said before both the Adelaide and Bulldogs games, and fair enough it made us nervous. But at the same time, we have improved as well, we comfortable beat Adelaide & Bulldogs (in the last quarter we got away), so just remember that we too have improved our game, and I'm not sure that the few players Collingwood have back are going to make such a difference to the scoreline of which we beat them last time.
Like I said, I am nervous about meeting them, but we do have to keep in mind that while everyone else is improving, St Kilda are improving just as much.

aussiejones
Club Player

Game Style against Collingwood

At the weekend the Saints had 115 tackles , Collingwood had 42

We are obviously playing a very different style of game .

Providing we can pressure the Collingwood team they are in deep trouble.

Comments please :

StSteven
Club Player

Oh the joy of beating them by a point after Thomas misses after the siren. I would stay behind to wave off every one of their supporters.

I doubt they will make it. Still think it will be Saints / Cats GF.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol
no way do i want it to come to that!!!
a 40 point drubbing would do me nicely

Batnoe

Its tough

Assuming Pies Vs Cats in first prelim and we get onto prelim, we will probably play either the Pies or Cats, assuming whoever loses to each other loses the following week

Its a tough game either way to make the GF