IDIOTS who call themselves fans !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

IDIOTS who call themselves fans !!

I heard another one on SEN yesterday when I was on my way home from the game. There he was, rabbiting on that Raph Clarke is the worst player to ever play AFL etc etc.

Kevin Bartlett was quick to point out that Raph had 15 possessions, 5 of those contested and laid 3 tackles, then cut the IDIOT off !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Prodgers
Club Player

Yeah i heard that loyal supporter - why people even bother ringing up and saying crap like that.

I'm not Raph's biggest fan either but when KB read out Raph's stats i just started laughing. 5 / 15 possessions were contested - not bad at all. It was funny when they cut him off after that.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what a wanker
should kick himself in the nutsack

Young Georgie
Club Player

Raph had a pretty good game, was one of our most solid contributors - certainly our most reliable looking defender - and I really liked the way he got himself into position when a team mate had the ball to set up a play.

Joe from Werribee - our self-appointed SEN regular - not only lives in it but talks it! Why bother calling up Joe to throw criticism at your club and players when all you're doing is providing opposition with something to hit back at us with. If you've got a gripe, bring it to the forum, corner your kids, bore the missus. An absolute waste of smelly airspace - pardon the bum puns.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
yipper
SS Life Member

Yeah heard that to. Just amazing!! Why Raph?? He was actually one of our better players, in fact our back line was ok all round. Raph showed courage, made good decisions, provided some run and contested well. Yet, some idiot decides it is all Raph's fault!! Just amazing!! Maybe it is racist driven...

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
emma
Club Player

I had one of them sitting behind me at the game..whenever Raph was in the vacinity he would hurl abuse at him. Was hard not to point out that he was one of the only guys having a real crack! Boy did he make me mad.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Yeah heard that to. Just amazing!! Why Raph?? He was actually one of our better players, in fact our back line was ok all round. Raph showed courage, made good decisions, provided some run and contested well. Yet, some idiot decides it is all Raph's fault!! Just amazing!! Maybe it is racist driven...
I find it almost bizarre that someone would have such little knowledge of football that they would call up a radio station and single out Raph Clarke.

Raph has been excellent for the better part of 6 weeks and keeps getting better and better - but we have absolute mong flogs critisising him.

Didn't hear it but happy that KB made the tool look like the moron tool idiot he obviously is.

I bolded yippers last sentence. This is quite a possibility.

What a complete wanker :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I am one of the people that am/was questionable over Raph being in the side. However I'd have to say I think he's been serviceable to good the last 4-6 weeks and deserves his spot in the side going into the finals. He hasn't dominated,but he's a doing a good job,and more importantly has minimised his terrible mistakes/fumbles

Bring back the Lockett era
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

I find it absolutely staggering that here we are at 19 and 2 (with both losses less than 2 kick) that the "wheels are falling off"

And this coming from "supporters".

All I heard at the game was whingeing and moaning and bitching. Fact is we won't win every game. (and it's not rose-coloured thinking either. After all how many did the great Brisbane sides of 2001-2003 lose in home and away?)

My question is...... has there been any other team in the history of the game that is copping such heavy scrutiny at 19 and 2?

I hope all these whingeing, moaning, bitching, so called "fans" miss out on Grand Final tickets if in the advent that we make it.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Yipper is right on the money... there has to be a racist element to the Raph haters.

I heard that waste of space as well & my wife turned the radio onto Triple M before I could burst forth with a stream of expletives!

It is absolutely unfair what Raph cops... some dill behind us yesterday started having a go at him after the ball was drilled through his hands from about 5m away!

I'll deadset smack the next half wit that bags him for no reason.

There were probably 15 other blokes yesterday that had inferior games to Raph.

robbie muir
Club Player

Don't know Joe from Werribee as i don't listen to SEN much , but there's a guy on 3AW all the time who goes by the name of " Mark from South Melbourne"

He invariably gives the club and the players heaps.

If people don't have something positive to say then they should just shut up.

It was only 2 weeks ago the Bulldogs lost to the Eagles and look at them now.

We have lost 2 games out of 21 by 2 and 5 points. You are going to have a flat spot sooner or later. Better now than in September.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

With the anti-Raph brigade, I wonder if some of them are relatively recent converts to the Saints?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but - over the past 2 seasons - our team has probably run out on the field with no Indigenous players in it on a dozen or more occasions. This makes us more or less unique in the comp these days.

If you are someone who is really, really racist and can't stand seeing any Indigenous players running around for your club, then the Saints minus Raph is probably your only hope for a team to support in the short term (in the longer term, I would suggest they switch to supporting something like lacrosse).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bozza1980
Club Player

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote: My question is...... has there been any other team in the history of the game that is copping such heavy scrutiny at 19 and 2?
Probably not but I think there has only been 1 other side in the same position.

My pot shot aside, I agree with you. I think we are copping too much grief for 2 one kick losses.

We have looked terrible, but it is unwise to right off a side that has beaten every other team in the competition and an average losing margin of 3.5 points.

I love the stat Collingwood are the 4th highest scoring and second best defence.

I wonder where we are in those categories, oh that's right 3rd and 1st.

markp
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: If you are someone who is really, really racist and can't stand seeing any Indigenous players running around for your club, then the Saints minus Raph is probably your only hope for a team to support in the short term (in the longer term, I would suggest they switch to supporting something like lacrosse).
I think racist people who follow sport make some sort of mental leap and concession for a good <insert racist term>, who knows his place and plays with loads of flair and is a match winner... if Raph was setting the world on fire they'd either say nothing, or more than likely adopt him as some sort of mascot.

They are little more than oxygen thieves.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

you never know with talkback, john from wollongong could very easily be jack from farkyback and vice versa.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:My pot shot aside, I agree with you. I think we are copping too much grief for 2 one kick losses.
And the funny thing I reckon is that had both those kicks been on target, people would be saying what a strong team we are, and how we get back into the contest and never say die - even though we have nothing to prove with the win-loss ratio.

But no...... now apparently we are chokers.

Go figure!!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What about the possibilty that this guy that rang just has no idea? Surely some of you sit near plenty of them during matches, the ones with no clue whatsoever....

I was more annoyed with the woman before that, rambled on with no real point other than to ring up and bag the Saints. Sometimes I wonder if some of our supporters are smarting, because they have been a bit publicly arrogant?

The Peanut
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:What about the possibilty that this guy that rang just has no idea? Surely some of you sit near plenty of them during matches, the ones with no clue whatsoever....

I was more annoyed with the woman before that, rambled on with no real point other than to ring up and bag the Saints. Sometimes I wonder if some of our supporters are smarting, because they have been a bit publicly arrogant?
... sounds like it

I decided during the week before the Doggies match that enough was enough about St Kilda supporters eating their own ... and was extra sensitive about Blakey and Raph. I went with an interstate mate (member) who bought along half a dozen taggers who said they were St Kilda supporters (non members). One of therm went for Raph before the game even started and I turned to him and gave him both barrels. He and his wife said nothing for the next two quarters and then left, saying that his wife had a headache. I felt guilty ... but I shouldn't have.

... and as for racism ...
In the vocabulary of racism there are three parties; the perpetrators, the victims, and the bystanders - those without whom the perpetrators cannot effect their purposes. Within the latter category, there are those who are simply indifferent, those who are hostilely indifferent, those who are, in some degree, complicit, and those who are, for want of a clearer or better term, companions to events.

PS: I am not the Peanut who rang SEN today :wink:

bethb7
Club Player

I had a guy sitting a few seats infront of me yesterday, he had a rant of a lifetime when Dawson wasn't watching the play and they kicked an easy goal out of it, granted wasn't Dawsons best moment but this guy went on and on about it. I ended up having to yell out he gets it, he knows he stuffed it up, shut-up
People need to realise the players are human beings. Zac's has had a great season that incident was one of the only times iv seen him really stuff it up all season. Im sick of our own 'supporters' giving the players so much crap.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
SaintDebi
Club Player

I've had my doubts about Raph at times, but rather than bag him I've been prepared to give him a go and try to see in him what Ross and some on here have seen. I'm so glad they have persevered with him because he is starting to show real promise. Raph has played some good games recently and I think he was one of our best on Sunday. Well done Raph.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:My pot shot aside, I agree with you. I think we are copping too much grief for 2 one kick losses.
And the funny thing I reckon is that had both those kicks been on target, people would be saying what a strong team we are, and how we get back into the contest and never say die - even though we have nothing to prove with the win-loss ratio.

But no...... now apparently we are chokers.

Go figure!!!!
Damn I have copped a lot of stupid statments at work today, apparently its all fallin apart for us, piises me of

I love this club
BaysideSaint
Club Player

collingwood supporter says to me today upon noticing my membership sticker
"what are you advertising st kilda for"
well i nearly fell over backwards
"you can read can you?"

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

It wasn't that long ago that people were bagging the crap out of BJ.

As a good friends brother used to say...A wise man has no power to reason away what a fool believes.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
nobhead
Club Player

Re: IDIOTS who call themselves fans !!

Eastern wrote:I heard another one on SEN yesterday when I was on my way home from the game. There he was, rabbiting on that Raph Clarke is the worst player to ever play AFL etc etc.

Kevin Bartlett was quick to point out that Raph had 15 possessions, 5 of those contested and laid 3 tackles, then cut the IDIOT off !!
if fans can't say something positive or constructive please do us all a favour and don't say anything at all .btw i rang kb up today to quiz him about his amazing conclusion that shcneider played for a free kick ,so therefore he did not beleive it was a free kick . lol

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: IDIOTS who call themselves fans !!

nobhead wrote:...btw i rang kb up today to quiz him about his amazing conclusion that shcneider played for a free kick ,so therefore he did not beleive it was a free kick . lol
oh yeah, kb would be hot on playing for a free kick. They had to change the rules, he was so good at it!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post