7 points...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

henno
Club Player

7 points...

the combined total of our 2 losses this season. most teams would kill for this.

and also, would it have really mattered if we'd won last week and yesterday? i mean tbh, i really didnt care about the result towards the end of the final quarter yesterday. i just didnt think we deserved to win, so what difference did it make if wed actually won?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

when neither game mattered...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

style of play by us

and MOST particular style of play by opposition to combat us.

not the result as such

but the result was formed by above.

saint4life
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

If all players were playing flat-out, to the BIG plan and all the structures were used and employed and the coaches made of all moves they could to counter the opposition - and we had not rested anyone or pussy-footed with selection ./... then perhaps we have issues.
I am not convinced of any of this though .... 8-)

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
jay young
Club Player

Every player would of been flat out to gain a spot for final series ask ball or hughton who might not play, others would of been flat out to keep thier spot . i dont think at all the handbrake is on, they say if you dont perform you dont play SAINTS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE

claystreet
Club Player

Its a training run on a match day is about all they were doing, a few moves are made out of the normal, players are being rested or sent to the magoos to find some touch, we put the Cue in the rack 2 weeks ago as there is no need what so ever to belt the players about.

Finals are all that metter and Jay Young you say the SAINTS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE then you havent got a clue.

Dont worry be happy, full squads to play tough hard at it footy come finals.

The Peanut
Club Player

jay young wrote: ... SAINTS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE
19 wins in a row didn't convince you then? ... I know we've had many heartbreaking years but ...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
jay young wrote: ... SAINTS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE
19 wins in a row didn't convince you then? ... I know we've had many heartbreaking years but ...
How are the saints in trouble, will finish top and have been tanking for the last 2 weeks. Can not be a serious statement

I love this club
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Jay is a troll.

Please ignore his rubbish.

I think he's actually Aaron Keating.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Jay is a troll.

Please ignore his rubbish.

I think he's actually Aaron Keating.
Ok thanks,will know better next time

I love this club
emmdee
Club Player

i was pretty relaxed at the dome yesterday, playing a dead rubber is hard to be 100% motivated i reckon......how many dead rubber test matches did the cricket team lose, but all the players bowled to take wickets & batted to score runs....its the above the shoulder stuff...we will fire up when it matters.

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

emmdee wrote:i was pretty relaxed at the dome yesterday, playing a dead rubber is hard to be 100% motivated i reckon......how many dead rubber test matches did the cricket team lose, but all the players bowled to take wickets & batted to score runs....its the above the shoulder stuff...we will fire up when it matters.
Agree 100%, although I stil think that it may be better to make winning a habit and not stuff with form.

I love this club