This weekends game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintHomer
Club Player

This weekends game

Ok, what do we want from this weekends match.

For me:

1. No injuries
2. Hayes, Ball and Hudghton to come into the side (sorry, armo gwilt and dawson - yeah, its a big call i know)
3. 4 qtr competitive effort and to outscore them in each qtr

I'd especially like to see big games from Dal, Gilbert, Gards and Kosi.

saintlee
Club Player

Re: This weekends game

SaintHomer wrote:Ok, what do we want from this weekends match.

For me:

1. No injuries
2. Hayes, Ball and Hudghton to come into the side (sorry, armo gwilt and dawson - yeah, its a big call i know)

I agree....although I'm not sure I want Zac out for Max.....can't make up my mind on that one, but I think Zac has been good all year except for last week and deserves a chance to redeem himself....also thought Armo was good last week, so a pity for him to be omitted

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Exactly right, no injuries.

I think Hayes and Ball will be back, I think Max perhaps another week away?

Looking forward to seeing Mini and Clinton the better for the run last week.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I think Max would not come in -he would need another week to make sure the hammy is OK coming into the finals. Zac has been one of our best defenders in the league's best defence for 19 winning games, why would you drop him, when the whole team has performed below par for two games. NDS has disappointed the last two games -too much talent not doing enough.. drop him for Ball, Hayes for Armo, Geary for Gwilt and McEvoy for King -give King a rest coming into the finals.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I think Max would not come in -he would need another week to make sure the hammy is OK coming into the finals. Zac has been one of our best defenders in the league's best defence for 19 winning games, why would you drop him, when the whole team has performed below par for two games. NDS has disappointed the last two games -too much talent not doing enough.. drop him for Ball, Hayes for Armo, Geary for Gwilt and McEvoy for King -give King a rest coming into the finals.
I don't think they will be dropping Dal or King, but I agree that they will wait a week with Max....

JABBER
Club Player

weekends game

No injuries to key players having shots at goal inside 50 meters.
No reports or 50 meter penalties for mouthing of to umpires

trevor barker
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think Max - if 100% right - will come in for Zac. As experienced as Max is, I don't reckon it's wise to slot him in to a QF fresh from the ressies. He'll be better for the run, and his leg need to be tested. Better he falls apart now than before half time in a final. It may seem cruel to Zac who has has exceeded expectations for all but a few moments all year, but a performance like last weeks can't just be swept aside as a blip. It was pretty ordinary. And lets be honest, as the season's progressed and our back six have slowly but surely become less effective (still good, just not as), Zac has looked NQR in my hum,ble opinion.

Ball and Hayes in. Both will need the run in the ones. I suppose Armo has to be left out which hardly seems fair given his effort was as good as any of our mids against Nth but can't see Joey, Dal, Jones or anyone else being given a week off. That said, if Ball loafs, I suspect he'd be straight back in the following week.

For mine Baker will make way for the extra midfielder. Don't reckon his work rates good enough.

I think Gwilt will stay. He does his job, and a raking left boot is a potent weapon.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Thinline"]
For mine Baker will make way for the extra midfielder. Don't reckon his work rates good enough.

quote]

His workrate is his strength

It could be wet. Hope not,don't like the idea of playing in a slog before the finals.

Bring back the Lockett era
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I don't reckon he's at his stongest, Jonesy. That's what i mean. Looks slow and out of the contest to my eye. I will say this, though: It is very hard to get a grip on what players of his ilk are REALLY doing when you are watching most of your footy from the couch and not live. Queensland makes it tough...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Duggie
Club Player

After reading all this intelligence I get to wondering if we are overloaded. Wish I could find that crystal ball of mine, or visit a fortune teller who could tell me who are the ones to really click into gear. :lol: :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Geezer
Club Player

no need for major ins and outs for "rest"
heavy rotations against melbourne will be just as good
melbourne cant win. . . .they lose their PP if they do.

st.kilda can spend the first quarter in the rooms and come out at 1/4 time and still win.
we should just forfeit the game and give melbourne the 4 points and play an intra-club amongst ourselves.

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I wnat to absolutely and ruthlessy smack Melbourne with no injuries or reports then watch the Dogs and Filth tear into each other with injuries and reports.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Megamaguire
Club Player

Focus and support for each other in a TEAM effort

Both Saints and Dees have things to 'WIN' on w'end. For me it is the perfect platform for our 1st. finals clash. Physical ripeness will be an absolute requirement to carry the TEAM through the week. Mental preparedness and switched onness will need to be felt i believe so it can be reproduced on FINALS NIGHT

Hopeully the coach and players are zoning in on their best form for the following week.

GOOD LUCK SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
SaintHomer
Club Player

Re: This weekends game

SaintHomer wrote:Ok, what do we want from this weekends match.

For me:

1. No injuries

Ok, now time to look back.

1. From most accounts, few sore bodies but all should be ok
2. Hayes in devastatingly good form, ball and max still missed.
3. 1st qtr terrible (but Dee's played above themselves), 3 qtrs afterwards fantastic and we smashed them at F50's and centre clearances. Should have won by much more. If we can correct the delivery forward and kicking for goal, LOOK OUT. (note - we smashed the Roo's last week at F50's as well)

Got big games from Dal and Gilbert, Gards didn't play and Kosi's kicking for goal let him down but pulled in some good marks.

All in all, I think we are in a pretty good position for a run at the flag. And some of the pressure of being favourites has eased.

Make a statement Sunday sainters!