Word on the street - Riewoldt advised to take 1 to 2 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Word on the street - Riewoldt advised to take 1 to 2 weeks

Besides my first ever post on Saintsational, I have never posted anything like this, and I swore I never would, unless I trusted the source it was coming from.....

Maybe this was mentioned in a previous post, so if it was, I apologize.

Riewoldt has been strongly advised not to play this week and for caution sake, miss week 1 of the finals.

Now I will not reveal the source, as I don't feel it's fair on them, I just hope I have enough credit on here that everyone knows I wouldn't just make this up.

The good and bad thing is, Riewoldt is said to be ignoring the advice and wants to play.....so I guess it's up to the docs.

If the above is 100% correct, as I honestly believe it is, he needs to rest until his knee is given the go ahead, it’s not worth the risk.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: Word on the street - Riewoldt advised to take 1 to 2 wee

The Saintsational Man wrote:Besides my first ever post on Saintsational, I have never posted anything like this, and I swore I never would, unless I trusted the source it was coming from.....

Riewoldt has been strongly advised not to play this week and for caution sake, miss week 1 of the finals.

Now I will not reveal the source, as I don't feel it's fair on them, I just hope I have enough credit on here that everyone knows I wouldn't just make this up.

The good and bad thing is, Riewoldt is said to be ignoring the advice and wants to play.....so I guess it's up to the docs.

If the above is 100% correct, as I honestly believe it is, he needs to rest until his knee is given the go ahead, it’s not worth the risk.
It would seem that he should not play this week then, as a precaution if nothing else.

Assess him over the next week, let Kosi dominate against Melbourne.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Thanks for this.

I certainly believe you... you do have plenty of credibility with me.

Cheers mate, and GO SAINTS!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Yes, tomorrow he should sit with me and fetch my champers and smoked salmon eight points. We could discuss the finer points of his teammates' games and the latest rally in the stock market.

jay young
Club Player

im having 20 on melbourne to win and 20 on the crows to win

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:im having 20 on melbourne to win and 20 on the crows to win
WHY DO YO BOTHER POSTING

I love this club
kaos theory
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:Besides my first ever post on Saintsational, I have never posted anything like this, and I swore I never would, unless I trusted the source it was coming from.....

I wish i had a dollar for everyone that claims to have information from a 'very reliable' source and that information turns out to be false.

I have no idea if your information is correct or not, but by you making a big effort to claim the validity of your claim means absolutely nothing.

.....imo this is just another romour on the internet....

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Can't see the saints playing him this week if true, they have been ultra conservative with injuries for the last 10 weeks and Roo is one of our best and the Melbourne Game means nothing. If true he wont play this weekend.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

He chould not play if there is any doubt, which I think there is. Save him till next week

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, there is always the scenario that has been named to play, but will not....wouldn't be the first time.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Lyon is confident captain Nick Riewoldt will be fit after the key forward needed a scan earlier this week for a jarred knee.

"I almost drove off Nepean Highway (earlier this week), a mate rang me and said, 'It's on radio, Nick Riewoldt is in getting his knee scanned'," Lyon said.

"He certainly jarred his knee . . . but if you look at his last mark, he ran from one side of the 50m arc to the other and then he kicked it 55m and it was just touched on the line.

"He trained on Tuesday, we had to tell him to slow down, he was doing his 10-minute run and he was blowing everyone up. He just wanted to show the public he's fine . . . barring any mishap (last night), we always hold our breath on the last session."

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

90% of players this time of year would be advised by doctors to have one or two weeks off.

Non story.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

I wish i had a dollar for everyone that claims to have information from a 'very reliable' source and that information turns out to be false.

I have no idea if your information is correct or not, but by you making a big effort to claim the validity of your claim means absolutely nothing.

.....imo this is just another romour on the internet....
Sadly, through various posters of varying 'credibility' for various reasons, whether that be big noting, shite stirriing, boredom, lack of checking sources, gullibilty etc.

On this occasion I've no reason to doubt Saintsational Man's intent other than to inform fellow Saint supporters of something he believes is true. This rumour though would come as no surprise to most though, even the Melbourne coaching staff would not be expecting to play, as Roo is our most valuable commodity coming into finals.

As pointed out, our policy this season regarding injuries has been ultra conservative so if this is in fact true then expect Roo to miss tomorrow.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Well, there is always the scenario that has been named to play, but will not....wouldn't be the first time.

Agreed, is named. Will be a last minute pullout.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Lyon is confident captain Nick Riewoldt will be fit after the key forward needed a scan earlier this week for a jarred knee.

"I almost drove off Nepean Highway (earlier this week), a mate rang me and said, 'It's on radio, Nick Riewoldt is in getting his knee scanned'," Lyon said.

"He certainly jarred his knee . . . but if you look at his last mark, he ran from one side of the 50m arc to the other and then he kicked it 55m and it was just touched on the line.

"He trained on Tuesday, we had to tell him to slow down, he was doing his 10-minute run and he was blowing everyone up. He just wanted to show the public he's fine . . . barring any mishap (last night), we always hold our breath on the last session."
What would Ross Lyon know. I'd much rather trust an unnamed source. They're bound to know a lot more. :roll:

reincarnated

If he is not fit he will not play, this match is purely academic for that statspeople

If he plays your source is incorrect, if he doesn't your source is correct

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Well, there is always the scenario that has been named to play, but will not....wouldn't be the first time.
im with u
i never thought he'd play actually
lenny as well (but not as sure as roo)

claystreet
Club Player

The word on the street?

I was just up the street and noone said anything :?

:wink:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Not sure how people are dismissing the significance of his injury. Did you not watch him hobbling around in the last quarter last week? He was in significant pain for 3-4 minutes...the alarm bells were ringing when I saw this. He struggled to get to contests for the next 10 mintues and he virtually played out of the goal square,his opponent outpointed him twice where Roo would of normally ate him for breakfast.

His last 5 minutes were more encouraging,as he threw himself into a pack,and charged out for that last mark ,then kicked the ball 52 meters.

However,to be clutching at your knee in pain was not a good sign.

Would be utter stupidity if he played tommorow.

As for Ross Lyon almost driving off the road,rubbish. As if he didn't know exactly what was going. His number one player,on the eve of the finals,is hobbling around in the last quarter with a knee,and he know's nothing about it?! Please

Bring back the Lockett era
Darren
Club Player

Out: Roo
In: Lynch?

I really don't care about this game, all I want is the finals!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
im with u
i never thought he'd play actually
lenny as well (but not as sure as roo)
Yep, I guessed Lenny will have another week and Ball will come in....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lets just rest everyone this week even if they are fit. Lets give Lenny another week even if fit and even if Roo is fit give him another week. Blake was hobbling after the game as was 3 or 4 others. rest them as well and bring in Goose even though he isnt fit.

No one will be rested this week but that doesnt mean there will not be a last minute changes but is there is one it is because they ready to play this week, they are not being rested.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

This fails to frighten me.

I think it is safe to say, that regardless of what Roo thought, our fitness staff would put the brakes on him playing if there was a risk.

I think that the injury management throughout the year backs that up.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

The word on the street up here is, its bloody hot for a winters day. :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:

It would not be up to Roo....as players generally want to play.

It would be up to Misson.

Therefore I doubt your source.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....