Any trouble with concession tix?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintDebi
Club Player

Any trouble with concession tix?

No problem ourselves thank goodness, but have heard of some concession members not only being denied entry today, but also having thier membership cards confiscated by MCG staff because they didn't have thier concession cards with them.
I quess they probably should carry them, but we tend not to take anything we don't want to lose uneccessarily and as we've never needed them before at the game we don't usually take them with us.
I would be really angry had this happened to my daughters who are both legitimate concession members.
Just wondered if any on here encountered this, and also just to make anyone aware who might be affected and denied entry for the finals.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Their membership cards were confiscated by MCG staff?!?!

Are they allowed to do that?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Winmar
Club Player

They're much more vigilant at the 'G than at Etihad, where I've never been asked to produce a card. Sorry to hear your daughters got caught out. :(

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

No bloody way should they be able to confiscate your membership card..worse case scenario is refusal of entry...as you say, you need that card to book a ticket for next week!

They do seem to be having a crackdown on it...I noticed last week at Etihad that they had extra staff standing there specifically to watch for the light on top of the turnstile to flash so they could pull you up and ask for concession ID

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I am 16...could not make it today, but went to the bombers match yesterday...the lady who served us was rediculas....she was wasting so much time checking that we all had proof of going to school, even though we clearly do.

I have no problem with them asking to see some proof...but this lady was checking each card for about 30 seconds, making sure the yr is correct and asking our b'days and stuff....We NEVER get that at Etihad...infact we still get in as 14 yr olds

benengel14
Club Player

Depends on the attendant you were (un)luckily enough to be scrutinised by.

No one checked us today.
Also been unlucky enough to have experienced confiscation issues at the MCG, never at Etihad though.

Although I wasn't able to bring my juice inside the ground last week at eithad :P

SaintDebi
Club Player

Winmar wrote:They're much more vigilant at the 'G than at Etihad, where I've never been asked to produce a card. Sorry to hear your daughters got caught out. :(
Thanks Winmar, but luckily for us my daughters didn't get caught out, although they weren't carrying their concession ID's.
It was a number of others I heard about, and I just wanted to give everyone on here a heads up just in case it happens again at finals so we can all be prepared with the correct ID.

And no Battye and S66, I'm sure they should not be allowed to do that but apparently they did it anyway.

Anyway guys, if you are a concession member, and you are attending finals at the G, please take your concession cards with you.

undecided
Club Player

I'm 17 and I don't even have a concession card

mick13
Club Player

Haha, I've been using Junior tickets for about 2 years now.

Closes we got to getting caught was when my mate had trouble scanning it and for some reason it popped up with Junior. She then asked him for his concession card...which he showed. She let us in.

At the Dons game I had a mind blank and f***ed up finding out seats, we had to get help and the chick looked at the tix for like 5 minutes then helped us find our seats with 'Junior' clearly being visible haha.

Is that what the green light is for? Makes sense I guess. And would pop up for Junior too I assume? Thing is they'll just assume we have a concession and ask for our concession card lol.

So did you have concession memberships, or concession GA?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Any trouble with concession tix?

SaintDebi wrote:No problem ourselves thank goodness, but have heard of some concession members not only being denied entry today, but also having thier membership cards confiscated by MCG staff because they didn't have thier concession cards with them.
I quess they probably should carry them, but we tend not to take anything we don't want to lose uneccessarily and as we've never needed them before at the game we don't usually take them with us.
I would be really angry had this happened to my daughters who are both legitimate concession members.
Just wondered if any on here encountered this, and also just to make anyone aware who might be affected and denied entry for the finals.
WTF??????

so someone stole your property basically
i wouldve gone off me rocker

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:Haha, I've been using Junior tickets for about 2 years now.
At Docklands all tickets scan the same.

At the G there are two different coloured lights. One for Adult and one for Conc/child.

At the G today when I entered the attendants were with 0.5m of the lights.

If you are using child tickets at the G be prepared sooner or later to explain why you have Child Ticket.

If you ticket is printed...it will normally have a 3 letter code stating if it is concession, child...or for that matter adult. If it is your plastic ticket then it states what it is.

It all depends have diligent the person checking is.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintDebi
Club Player

Re: Any trouble with concession tix?

matrixcutter wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:No problem ourselves thank goodness, but have heard of some concession members not only being denied entry today, but also having thier membership cards confiscated by MCG staff because they didn't have thier concession cards with them.
WTF??????

so someone stole your property basically
i wouldve gone off me rocker
No, not our tickets, which is just as well, because you're right: it is stealing property, and yes you can bet your sweet life that I would have gone off me rocker if it had been![/i]

matrix
Saintsational Legend

sorry Debi
<crook as buggery, not really with it at the mo

SaintDebi
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:sorry Debi
<crook as buggery, not really with it at the mo
No probs. Get better in time to celebrate next week!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i would have to not be able to see to stop me from driving over 8-)
even then id prob give it a crack :?