One Down, Two to Go

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

One Down, Two to Go

The first of our three wins is in the bag.
Today, I saw the team that finished on top of the ladder back to their mean miserly best.
Don't let the 5 goal margin fool you, we could have won that game by a bit more, thought we took the foot off in the last part of the third and last half of the last quarter.
Now we sit back and hope for a hard fought contest between the Dogs and Lions.
Personally, I can't see any changes being made to this team for the prelim.
GO YOU SAINTERS!!!!!!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
suss
Club Player

Re: One Down, Two to Go

3rd generation saint wrote: Personally, I can't see any changes being made to this team for the prelim.
Could be interesting...the two teams we could face are vastly different...the dogs have a small and mobile forward line which favours Max...the Brions have two gorillas in Brown and Bradshaw which favours Zac.

Other than that, I agree, I can't see any other changes. Arguably Eddy is the only vulnerable one, but once again he busted his butt today regardless of what the stats say.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote: Personally, I can't see any changes being made to this team for the prelim.
Could be interesting...the two teams we could face are vastly different...the dogs have a small and mobile forward line which favours Max...the Brions have two gorillas in Brown and Bradshaw which favours Zac.

Other than that, I agree, I can't see any other changes. Arguably Eddy is the only vulnerable one, but once again he busted his butt today regardless of what the stats say.
i dont see how fast small players favour max. I reckon Fev was the only player Max would have played on and he is out now.

super dooper
Club Player

Agreed, from the grandstands it looked a very calculated win despite us supporters all naturally feeling nervous all day until rooey snapped that amazing goal :D

As for next week, i look forward to going to the MCG on a friday night without a care in the world and see two teams thrash the crap out of each other.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING

CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

WHATTT?
its simple its the other way around

DOGS - no changes
LIONS - MAX in

Max needs to take out one of the biog forwards. Only MAN with strength enough to beat brown/bradshaw.

Guarantee this. But hey we will never know cause the dogs will smash the lions

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:WHATTT?
its simple its the other way around

DOGS - no changes
LIONS - MAX in

Max needs to take out one of the biog forwards. Only MAN with strength enough to beat brown/bradshaw.

Guarantee this. But hey we will never know cause the dogs will smash the lions
Also agree.

Max is the right match-up for Bradshaw IMO!

The Saints are coming!
suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:

i dont see how fast small players favour max. I reckon Fev was the only player Max would have played on and he is out now.
Zac has clearly become the favoured option as full back, particularly against the power forward..but arguably the dogs are the only team left in the finals without a forward forward.

My point being that if Max is quicker and more versatile than Zac could this be Max's last chance for September action?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:

Zac has clearly become the favoured option as full back, particularly against the power forward..but arguably the dogs are the only team left in the finals without a forward forward.

My point being that if Max is quicker and more versatile than Zac could this be Max's last chance for September action?
Max is very one dimensional (not quick and versatile) which is why Zac is in and Max is not.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree, I am now sure that the decision has been made with Zac over Max, SOS practically said as much before the game....