DEAR ROSS: WHAT IS OUR TEAM MATCH-UP FOR BULLDOGS?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

elphie
Club Player

DEAR ROSS: WHAT IS OUR TEAM MATCH-UP FOR BULLDOGS?

can u give me an insight into your spot-on match committee meetings thoughts please ROSS?assuming DOGGIES win.
i'm having lost sleep trying to put my backline together.
small and quick they are.
wondering who will play on who?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ross says dont be a clown, he wont pick a team two weeks before the game and wont tell u on the net 8-)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Dear elphie,
We'll probably go with a similar lineup and tactics to those employed by us a few weeks back when we strangled them into submission by half time.

Regards
Ross the Boss

markp
Saintsational Legend

Hi, Ross here... cant answer your query at the moment as I'm on a 2 week holiday away from all things football... feel I've earned that right after all the hard work is done and we basically just have to turn up on time from here on in. She'll be right, Cheers.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hi Elphie - this is Ross here.

Thinking of putting Max on Cooney and having Luke Ball play on Will Minson, then putting Roo in the ruck (silly to have Bally rucking after all) Kosi on the ball and Choo Choo at FF.

Watcha reckon?

Am I a genius or am i a genius?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

But we are playing Brisbane....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
emmdee
Club Player

Dear Elphie, inclusions for our next game will be P.ressure & D.isipline. all the best Ross

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Milton66
SS Life Member

Hi Elphie, we're just hoping we'll get lucky on the day. :D

It doesn't matter who we pick.

Frankly, we can't believe how lucky we've been all year from throwing darts at the team list.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Hi Elphie

I think it would be a bit unfair to publically go through it when I’ve just finished the last bit of the review yesterday and today.

We’ll sit down as a match committee and pick a team. As we get closer, it really is going to be about team balance and trying to get it right for different teams.

You come up against some teams with strong characteristics who might need more of one type and less of another – as we get closer we’ll start to do more of that.

We like to keep it pretty simple,talking about the three phases. It’s the most important phase, when the ball is in neutral and getting our first hands on it. It’s something over the journey that we’ve been solid at, but when you have lapses you pay the ultimate penalty.

The team will be pleasing.

Ross

PS Goose will play either the prelim or gf so he can clock the 100 games with us.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:Hi Elphie

I think it would be a bit unfair to publically go through it when I’ve just finished the last bit of the review yesterday and today.

We’ll sit down as a match committee and pick a team. As we get closer, it really is going to be about team balance and trying to get it right for different teams.

You come up against some teams with strong characteristics who might need more of one type and less of another – as we get closer we’ll start to do more of that.

We like to keep it pretty simple,talking about the three phases. It’s the most important phase, when the ball is in neutral and getting our first hands on it. It’s something over the journey that we’ve been solid at, but when you have lapses you pay the ultimate penalty.

The team will be pleasing.

Ross

PS Goose will play either the prelim or gf so he can clock the 100 games with us.
oh my god,

thats probably what he will say! except for the the PS bit

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Dont forget the cheques and balances...

Very pleasing

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
elphie
Club Player

MATCH-COMMITTEE MEETING
Attendees: ROSS, SOS, ELSHAUG, TUDOR, MISSON, CAPTAIN NICK?..and scribe (MILNEY? lol)

1. HOW MANY AND WHO DO WE TAG? e.g. CLINT JONES, also is DEMPSTER fit and room for him for this reason as SECOND TAG?

2. WHO DO WE APPLY FORWARD TAG TO AND BY WHOM? e.g. MINI
and how do we keep LAKE away from second man up!

3. WHAT MATCH-UPS DO WE HAVE FOR THEIR SMALL ROTATING FORWARD-LINE? e.g. AKER, JOHNNO, GIA, HILL?, HIGGINS.
IS THERE ROOM FOR MAXIE WITH THIS MATCH-UP? WHICH OF OUR BACKMEN DO WE TRY AND FREE UP?

at the end of the day, they need to worry about us more but our usual spot-on homework is going to play a part in our resounding win!

be interested in your thoughts!!!!!!

"GO SAINTS"