Up there Cazaly

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Michele
Club Player

Up there Cazaly

I can't believe they are not going to play 'Up there Cazaly' at the Grand final.
This song epitomises the footy still gives me goosebumps all these years later.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
markinUSA
SS Life Member

You're right... it was specifically written about our game, and I think they just SHOULD!

It is a very special and emotive song.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
widereceiver
Club Player

Apparently they think Mike Brady is too old and too fat. It's more appropriate than most of the crap they put on.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:Apparently they think Mike Brady is too old and too fat.
I get the same feeling of rejection for the same reasons :shock: :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Mike Brady is a terrific song writer.

The AFL are complete schmucks for turning their backs on him. They will probably get some inane person for the GF instead, like everyone's favourite fuzzheaded sissy biblebasher - Guy Sebastian :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
goodie
Club Player

Entertainment this year's a step up from previous years, Jersey Boys doing the national anthem, Mark Seymour and Barnesy. Hopefully none of that Idol crap will slip through

But yes, they should always do Up There Cazaly.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Especially if the Saints win.

He is after all a 99-game player for the club.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

They should also do "One Day in September" as well...What two songs epitomise what our game is all about?

The Saints are coming!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:Apparently they think Mike Brady is too old and too fat. It's more appropriate than most of the crap they put on.
Maybe so. But just as long as they don't replace him with that complete farking TURNIP Greg Champion singing about the Colliwobbles to the tune of Bohemain Rhapsody or something...

I would rather rub my forehead vigourously with a cheese grater than listen to that deadset dildo... AAAaaargggghhh the thought of him! The puke is rising!!!!!!!!!!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St Michele
Club Player

widereceiver wrote:Apparently they think Mike Brady is too old and too fat. It's more appropriate than most of the crap they put on.
Yeah so am I but can't they just play the song from a recording?? I am sure he wouldn't mind not performing it :lol: They could even have the video going of some of the great ( Saint) moments of the year.

Would be great!!

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Jersey Boys doing the national anthem
Dear lord...

Cue unnecessary 'i'm so goddam gifted' vocal embellishments, weird time shifts, misplaced hand gesturing...

How about just a bloke with a guitar and a microphone?

A bit of goddam basic emotional intensity!

Mick Thomas? Rabid Sainter too... 8-)

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

How hard would it be for someone to write a song appropriate, something new that encapsulates AFL?

Doesn't have to be anyone well known singing it, perhaps it could be about the words....have a montage of the year flashing across the screens?
Last edited by SainterK on Wed 09 Sep 2009 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

roxanne
Club Player

Maybe so. But just as long as they don't replace him with that complete farking TURNIP Greg Champion singing about the Colliwobbles to the tune of Bohemain Rhapsody or something...

I would rather rub my forehead vigourously with a cheese grater than listen to that deadset dildo...

Sorry - still can't work out the quote thing - above is a quote from Thinline.

Anyway,, I couldn't agree more - brilliant description of Greg Champion - a dead set root vegetable.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
GrumpyOne

I think the problem is more about how much Brady was going to charge the AFL for his appearance and/or use of his song.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:I think the problem is more about how much Brady was going to charge the AFL for his appearance and/or use of his song.
A lot less than Usain Bolt and he doesn't even sing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Ain't No Second Prize - ? isnt that about the Grand Final?

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I used to love listening to Up There Cazaly until Mike Brady chose to write new lyrics for it and turn it into the Sydney Swans theme song.

That kind of 'killed' the song for me.

WHy he couldn't have written them a new one I have no idea?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sorry but to me "Up there Cazaly" should go the way of Sandy Roberts, the Commodore Cup and Geoff Edelsten... it sounds so dated..about as timeless as Hypercolour T-shirts

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Maxstar22
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Sorry but to me "Up there Cazaly" should go the way of Sandy Roberts, the Commodore Cup and Geoff Edelsten... it sounds so dated..about as timeless as Hypercolour T-shirts
I love hyper colour t-shirts :lol:

lurker#134
Club Player

roxanne wrote:Maybe so. But just as long as they don't replace him with that complete farking TURNIP Greg Champion singing about the Colliwobbles to the tune of Bohemain Rhapsody or something...

I would rather rub my forehead vigourously with a cheese grater than listen to that deadset dildo...

Sorry - still can't work out the quote thing - above is a quote from Thinline.

Anyway,, I couldn't agree more - brilliant description of Greg Champion - a dead set root vegetable.
Really? I reckon his songs are piss funny. Each to his own I guess.

I just hope they play Waltzing Matilda so us Saints fans can sing 'Waltzing Matilda, cmon St Kilda.'

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Would like to hear up there cazaly in our premiership year

We could always get Angry Anderson to do Bound For Glory in the Bat mobile again

I love this club