Message to the Boys

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

milney044
Club Player

Message to the Boys

If you could tell one of the boys one thing leading up to tomorrow's game, one thing they MUST do, one instruction the MUST follow or motivational advice to get them across the line, what would you tell them?
for me, I'd tell Milney not to let his opponent get in his head, that he must get on top of his game and not let his opponent dictate the way he plays. If his opponent wants to push and shove, let him. Just beat him on the scoreboard and don't give his opponent any inkling that he's getting to him.

What's the thing one of our boys must do that will increase our chances of getting across the line. If you were in Ross Lyon's shoes, what piece of advice would you give?

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
djsburke
Club Player

to BELIEVE in themselves and their teamates.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Just remember fella's it's OUR ball, not theirs!

Crash into them and make them realise what a REAL finals game feels like.

Pressure, pressure, pressure - they won't like the hard stuff.

And finally - make the forward 50 entries count!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Message to the Boys

i'd tell that that they've proved nothing yet other than they were the best team in the home and away season.

and that they're going to have to prove it all over again in the next two weeks.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

id ask them one question.

how bad do u want it???????? 8-) 8-)

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Give it everything you've got. No regrets.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"do it for the Jiggster?" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
aussiejones
Club Player

When its your turn ....go for it .
You know what to do ,how to do it, just do it.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

MAKE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
HarveysDeciple

Just stick to the plan.

Nothing needs to change boys. Do what you know you can do so well.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Don't change a thing from the home & away games. Keep to that formula we've got it in the bag :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:Just stick to the plan.

Do it for Banger? 8-) :wink: 8-) :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
GrumpyOne

Just Farking Win The Thing.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Make 'em hurt.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Must be on from the get go...intensity through the roof..........be calm when we have it and hunt them down like a rabid dog when we don't.

Now get out there and and take what is our's !!!

ThePunter
Club Player

"Everyone sit down.

Ever since October last year, we've lived and abided by an ethos, a motto, a committed way we do everything. It was something every one of you contributed to this trademark, and all of us, every single person at this club, committed to make every effort accountable to this trademark.

I know the last six weeks haven't been perfect. But I don't want anything other than full confidence in your ability to perform to enter your minds.

But, of course, we're only human. For some of you, things will enter your minds at certain times. So this is what I want you to remember.

Look back on what we have achieved this year. Through this group's total commitment to the trademark, we have achieved an enormous amount through the season.

When we went to Adelaide in Round 5, on a wet windy night without Kosi, to play a team we hadn't beaten there since 1997, we were supposed to lose. But we were committed to the trademark.

In Round 11, when we were behind by five goals, we were not supposed to recover. But we were committed to the trademark.

The next week, the Blues had the hype and the momentum. But we were committed to the trademark.

In Round 14, we faced the juggernaut of this competition over the last three years. But we were committed to the trademark.

And in Round 17, we played the form team of the competition on a six day break. And we beat them, because we were committed to the trademark.

We face them again today. All you need to keep in your minds is that if you are committed to the trademark, and the St Kilda way of playing football, you will get the rewards in three hours time. But only a complete commitment will do it.

Are you ready to commit totally and fully to this task? Submit all the effort possible? Are you ready? Let's go boys."

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Tackle and Tackle Hard!

Before Im 85
yipper
SS Life Member

ThePunter wrote:"Everyone sit down.

Ever since October last year, we've lived and abided by an ethos, a motto, a committed way we do everything. It was something every one of you contributed to this trademark, and all of us, every single person at this club, committed to make every effort accountable to this trademark.

I know the last six weeks haven't been perfect. But I don't want anything other than full confidence in your ability to perform to enter your minds.

But, of course, we're only human. For some of you, things will enter your minds at certain times. So this is what I want you to remember.

Look back on what we have achieved this year. Through this group's total commitment to the trademark, we have achieved an enormous amount through the season.

When we went to Adelaide in Round 5, on a wet windy night without Kosi, to play a team we hadn't beaten there since 1997, we were supposed to lose. But we were committed to the trademark.

In Round 11, when we were behind by five goals, we were not supposed to recover. But we were committed to the trademark.

The next week, the Blues had the hype and the momentum. But we were committed to the trademark.

In Round 14, we faced the juggernaut of this competition over the last three years. But we were committed to the trademark.

And in Round 17, we played the form team of the competition on a six day break. And we beat them, because we were committed to the trademark.

We face them again today. All you need to keep in your minds is that if you are committed to the trademark, and the St Kilda way of playing football, you will get the rewards in three hours time. But only a complete commitment will do it.

Are you ready to commit totally and fully to this task? Submit all the effort possible? Are you ready? Let's go boys."
This!! I am pumped. Just do it saints.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Kick it long :wink:

HarveysDeciple

Milton66 wrote:

do it for your supporters, or they'll leave early :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

do it for your supporters, or they'll leave early :wink:
Nah, that's next week's message. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I posted this in another thread but it seems just as appropriate here

Team, there's a little crippled boy in hospital that wants you to win this game. I know because I crippled him myself to inspire you

SaintDebi
Club Player

I'd remind them of Robert Harvey, and tell them it doesn't matter how good a player you are, how professional you are, how respected you are, how many individual honours you achieve, how many years you play, how loved and admired you are: your AFL career will never be truly complete without a premiership medallion hanging around your neck.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Just Farking Win The Thing.
This

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

MY MESSAGE TO ALL THE PLAYERS COACHEs anD staff from 2004

the last 6 years now have been great. every year we have been in it.
I want to thank them and one thing.. if we had won the 2005 flag then we would be where sydney are now, with no hope. We would not have rossy, recycled players, other coaches etc.
Footy supporting is about having hope and being able to realistically dream through the week we have been able to do that for thew last 6 years even in 2006, 2007 we had hope injuries would come up then get going for the flag. Now imagine being a richmond, fremantle, melbourne, supporter etc etc. They have NO HOPE year in year out.

Win or lose tomorrow this year has been great. Any roblems in life just melt away when the saints are winning. They have helped me and im sure many of you over the last six years. Rossy has done a brilliant job recruiting and game planning. I will be too dissapointed tomorrow night if we lose to write this so i will write it now... thank you boys youve done us proud given us 4 prelims in 6 years lots of great wins especially over carlton, richmond etc.

THANK YOU GUYS have a great game tomorrow night just do what youve been doing all year putting pressure on the opposition and not rushing into the forwardline.

I hope people understand what im saying...