Greg Westway Nathan Burke and the board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint1974
Club Player

Greg Westway Nathan Burke and the board

If by any chance any of our board members read this I hope you understand how many FOUNDATION Social Club members are very disappointed with you.
When I elected you to the board one question I asked was would Foundation social club membership stil hold it's importance I was told yes it was.
Well now I"m told by the club on equal level to the Johnny come latelys who signed up May June this year well yep thats great the club have new members what about us supporters who pay and renew our memberships every year even when we win 2 or 3 games.
Thanks for breaking that promise I have registered for grand final tickets excluding standing room as I have 3 children and are still recovering with a chronic illness from cancer treatment.
35 years of continuos membership plus all my clidren registered from birth obviuosly as a foundation counts for nothing.
Very Disappointed! :cry: :cry:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Wait untill you know the outcome before getting upset.

Everyone has a story remember that as well.

mordi
Club Player

saint1974, I suggest you contact/email Ben Hall ASAP.

Post edited to remove contact details, which can be accessed via www.saints.com.au

Thanks MODS for removing the mobile no. That was not intended, just copied the whole thing in haste.
Last edited by mordi on Thu 17 Sep 2009 6:25pm, edited 2 times in total.

What's the Point of it All?
BonoRocks
Club Player

Re: Greg Westway Nathan Burke and the board

saint1974 wrote:If by any chance any of our board members read this I hope you understand how many FOUNDATION Social Club members are very disappointed with you.
When I elected you to the board one question I asked was would Foundation social club membership stil hold it's importance I was told yes it was.
Well now I"m told by the club on equal level to the Johnny come latelys who signed up May June this year well yep thats great the club have new members what about us supporters who pay and renew our memberships every year even when we win 2 or 3 games.
Thanks for breaking that promise I have registered for grand final tickets excluding standing room as I have 3 children and are still recovering with a chronic illness from cancer treatment.
35 years of continuos membership plus all my clidren registered from birth obviuosly as a foundation counts for nothing.
being a foundation member and with 2 young kids im hearing you, if we happen to win tomorrow and make the grand final, id be happy hanging off the rafters, but for my 2 kids that have no chance of standing or seeing anything and id have hoped my foundation membership all 4 of us hold would mean thats something i wouldnt have needed to worry about !

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Can i ask, what is a foundation member?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

They sold social club membership as a foundation social club member a couple of years ago, saying they will have added benefits to normal social club members or something.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:They sold social club membership as a foundation social club member a couple of years ago, saying they will have added benefits to normal social club members or something.
Did they cost more? Ive never heard of it apart from on here.

Sunday Red
Club Player

With all due respect, there was an option to apply for special access seating for people with illness or who were unable to stand for the duration of the match. Did you not explore this option with Ticketek?

St.Dianne
Club Player

I agree with you as I am a Foundation Social Club member (since 1975) and am also disappointed with the way the Grand Final tickets will be allocated. I am 63 years of age and definately would not be able to climb up to the top levels of the MCG or stand on the day. I have friends (also Foundation Social Club members) who are in their seventies/eighties who are in the same situation. If we miss out on seats the Club will hear about it. What is the benefit of renewing our Social Club membership all these years?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

In fairness to the club, I don't think they are able to instruct ticketmaster to distinquish between social club and foundation social club.

All the other clubs only have priority 1 access and priority 2 access only, maybe the clubs are only limited to two.

Which for us is SC member priority 1 and Sept saints priority 2.

Milton66
SS Life Member

I do recall the club mentioning that if you have special needs, then to let ticketek know.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saint1974
Club Player

Sunday Red wrote:With all due respect, there was an option to apply for special access seating for people with illness or who were unable to stand for the duration of the match. Did you not explore this option with Ticketek?
Thanks Sunday Red yes when I read this it said Mobility Impaired I am not in a wheelchair I can walk but I dont have the energy to stand for long periods.
Foundation membership came in about 8 years ago by the Butters board when I think we only won a couple of games but had long continuos memberships we acknolwledged for supporting the club for long continuos periods even when we weren't win many games.
I know there are a lot of other supporters with stories my main gripe is that the foundation membership is no longer recognised when I was told it would be and if I was 100% well I would stand on my head and watch the grand final just disappointed a promise was broken,I cannot fault the board or club in any other way they are doing a great job!

Faulky
Club Player

I am also a Foundation member and have children who would not be able to stand and because of this we have selected best seat with no standing. Will not be happy if we miss out and I have just sent an email to Ben regarding the promises that we were given each year. I believe that there may be some unhappy members when the seats are allocated on Monday! I have also asked for his comments in regards to what they will do next year to rectify this problem that has baan caused (as it is too late for this year).

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

How dare a new board do something different!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Can i ask, what is a foundation member?
Some years ago the Club (under the previous regime) decided to 'reward' those Social CLub members at the time by classifying them as 'Foundation' members.
Anybody who purchased Social Club Membership after that period was not given access to being part of the 'Foundation Membership'. I can't recall exactly but I believe that in 2005 when we also registered for GF tickets (like last year and this year) Foundation Membership guaranteed you a seat.

It would appear that this year, with the late sale of Social Club memberships in May/June, the CLub has decided not to differentiate betweenthose that have been Social Club members for 5 years+ and those who haven't.

Offbe
Club Player

saint1974 wrote:If by any chance any of our board members read this I hope you understand how many FOUNDATION Social Club members are very disappointed with you.
cmon now, I find this post rude. I could tell you of my troubles too. You are not special mate. Most of us are massive saints fans and have been for a long time.

Most of us have also been touched by tragedy in some way, it is part of life. I will be happy if we get there at all. I will happily watch on TV if I have to aswell. Focus on tomorrow night. Stop having a pre-emptive whinge.

HarveysDeciple

Club's hands tied a bit.

Would be a very difficult thing to organise, and the chances of not getting a seat remain very minimal.

saint1974
Club Player

Offbe wrote:
cmon now, I find this post rude. I could tell you of my troubles too. You are not special mate. Most of us are massive saints fans and have been for a long time.

Most of us have also been touched by tragedy in some way, it is part of life. I will be happy if we get there at all. I will happily watch on TV if I have to aswell. Focus on tomorrow night. Stop having a pre-emptive whinge.
Not having a whinge just disappointed!!!!!!!!!!
I love St.kilda football cluband have supported them a very long time
Strength Through Loyalty!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Everyone is jumping to alot of conclusions here. Maybe Foundation members will get seats, you don't know. They would know by the barcodes. They still have in on the membership cards, so maybe its not disregarded as you presume.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

So let me get this straight Foundation Club members were guaranteed a GF ticket if we made it. And Now you are still guaranteed a GF ticket if we make it. I can understand why you are getting upset. It's a disgrace!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

A Foundation Member was a reward for continuous membership in the SC.
Basically, if you we're a continuous member since before 2000, you we're a Foundation Member and therefore we're rewarded for your loyalty, not because you purchased a platinum or more expensive membership as is the case with many other clubs.
I must admit, I am a little annoyed this hasn't continued and the club could still honour this by ensuring that all SC members get a ticket, but the first allocation goes to Foundation members.
Naturally, they would have to move the date forward every few years, to what entitled you to becaome a Foundation Member.
I only need 1 ticket, but I can understand and hope all who want seats get them.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Richter
SS Life Member

Bloody Westaway et al..... Within 2 years of coming to the board and what do you deliver....

Best Saints Home and Away record ever on the verge of a possible GF appearance.

Pah! Footy first! I ask you....... errrr.....

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
reincarnated

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Can i ask, what is a foundation member?
Some years ago the Club (under the previous regime) decided to 'reward' those Social CLub members at the time by classifying them as 'Foundation' members.
Anybody who purchased Social Club Membership after that period was not given access to being part of the 'Foundation Membership'. I can't recall exactly but I believe that in 2005 when we also registered for GF tickets (like last year and this year) Foundation Membership guaranteed you a seat.

It would appear that this year, with the late sale of Social Club memberships in May/June, the CLub has decided not to differentiate betweenthose that have been Social Club members for 5 years+ and those who haven't.
Unfortunately rules are rules and the powers within the football club made a decision based on money and how much more they could receive by not differentiating between foundation and late comers.

Part of the appeal to the late comers is the grand final ticket. From a monetary perspective if probably worked as more people saw this as a good year for us on the field and wanted to be there come grand final day if we made it. These people may have seen it as a waste of money at the beginning of the year by not predicting us to last this far into the year

Reincarnated believes the people unhappy about it will still purchase social club/foundation member packages next year and beyond anyway despite being unhappy currently

So looking at it through the club's perspective it gains money and members by making the faithful a little cranky for a moment or two

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

So reincarnate you are saying the club should not sell any more social club tickets?

One thing about some of the people whinging (yes whinging) that have booked multiple tickets are all those sc memberships foundation memberships?

Because if they aren't you wouldn't get the benefits anyway.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:So let me get this straight Foundation Club members were guaranteed a GF ticket if we made it. And Now you are still guaranteed a GF ticket if we make it. I can understand why you are getting upset. It's a disgrace!!

There has never, ever been any discussion about STANDING ROOM in connection with the 'guaranteed' seat/ticket for Social CLub members.

This year because the Club, quite correctly IMO, cashed in on the opportunity to sell more Social Club Memberships primarily on the basis of a 'guarenteed' seat/ticket all of a sudden there's a 'fineprint clause' about 'standing room'.

I have no issue with the CLub selling more Social CLub memberships but I agree with the OP that those who have been long term members (Foundation) should be given some sort of consideration/recognition of their commitment to the Club over that period of time with respect to those who joined up in May/June jsut to ensure themselves of a GF ticket should we make it.