Anyone listening to radio?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

Anyone listening to radio?

Sorry ... to nervous to wait for a delayed 8.30pm start on telly in Brisbane. I'll be listening to radio. I assume they won't start match till 8.45pm delayed so game will be well and truly underway and pssibly won or lost. Anyone else im patient?

Finna
Club Player

Phones off, radio off no contact with the outside world till the 8.30pm replay for me. Cant hack the radio!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:Phones off, radio off no contact with the outside world till the 8.30pm replay for me. Cant hack the radio!
Have to agree...the game against the Pies on the Radio was bloody ridiculous!

How are you Newman? Shame you're not down for this one! :wink:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Goody
Club Player

I'm the same, Ive got to listen to the radio via internet, cant hack waiting till 8.45 for the game to start.
I grew up at a time when the radio was sometimes the only way to get it, makes me feel 20 years younger.
I wont listen to 3AW though, only MMM or ABC, cant handle REx'sa rants and calling players names only he knows.
Im happy though at least I dont have to walk around the back yard in Oakey QLD trying to get a signal like I did during the 97 Prelim, signal fading in and out, missing minutes of the call, god that was hard.
Thank god for internet
GO SAINTERS

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
jay young
Club Player

its hard sometimes listening to radio calls they seem to paint a bleak picture of the game they have to hype it up a bit because of no visual last week i listen to the crows and pies and they absolutely said the crows will win by 25 goals but i since saw footage of the game and the crows were dominant but only half as what was being said on the radio .

Newman
Club Player

Hi St Luke! No not in town for this one. BUT airtickets already booked for Tues night plus tickets for Ch 9 AFL GF show. My only memory of the 1966 Grand Final was listening to my Dad's radio in garage at Mentone. Naturally it was a very very nervous time

skankignaround

shoot me aPM if youd like vision for the audio...

cheers