For the Brian Lake apologists...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

For the Brian Lake apologists...

1 The free was there - soft, undeniably - but it was there.

2 He'd been doing the same thing all night almost always from behind and in the end he was pinged for his cowardice.

So F*** off.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mullet
Saintsational Legend

And as Dennis said during commentary, the memo went out a month ago that any off the ball incident like that would be free kicked.

He left his own man to hit Rooey, Rooey was looking the other way and wasnt expecting it as he was running to his position and looking back to the centre.
I agree Thinline he was an idiot. Personally I think he is a bit overrated but I did get shouted down during the week for that opinion

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I think he's a gun who let his team down last night by trying to play the man.

Glad he did.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mullet
Saintsational Legend

I think he looks fat in the bulldogs jumper but thats got nothing to do with anything :oops:

Up early with the new babe hey thinline, I'm just early cos I cant sleep with excitement :wink:

Richter
SS Life Member

He completely shut kosi out of the game. The bloke is a gun. Thankfully Kosi will get Scarlett next week who he has already matched up well against earlier in the year.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed
reads the play and uses his body extremely well
gun

but stupid free and he'll stop doing it now i bet

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

I was constantly cheesed off at the treatment of Roo by Lake. It was stupid behind the play stuff designed to tire Roo out.

When he was pinged for it I felt a sense of justice. It was not a dramatic hit but I felt it made up for the consistent sniping all night.

It cost them dearly though in such a low scoring contest. But fully justified if you roll all the incidents into one.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the free kick was soft.

And I reckon Lake was scary good all night. Kosi didn't get near it, and not only that, Lake continually took important marks from speculative balls into the forward line. If Scarlett plays as well next week, we're in a lot of trouble.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the dogs played well.

delivery to our forwards was non existant.

they changed their game plan to ours.

often WE couldn't get the ball out of our D 50/ D70.

They took risks and ran through our lines. The changed 100% from when we played them last.

Adelaide and collingwood have modelled themselves on us after hte 1/2 mark of the season.

Now the doggies.

Kudo's to Ross Lyon, its massive compliment that Eade and Malthouse, two of the more experienced coaches in the game are duplicating our rule book.

i expect 1/3 of the clubs to be doing it next year. It will be a challenge for RL to improve. Many coaches have 1 strategy which is the brilliance of lethal whose team was so drilled they could switch from all out defence to all out attack to man on in a matter of a 1 minute.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:they changed their game plan to ours.
and in the second half we changed our game plan to theirs, going man to man across the ground rather than zoning.

sax
Club Player

Re: For the Brian Lake apologists...

Thinline wrote:1 The free was there - soft, undeniably - but it was there.

2 He'd been doing the same thing all night almost always from behind and in the end he was pinged for his cowardice.

So F*** off.
Agree 100%
I had to watch on tv (coz I live in SA, but I'll be there next week), & the farking prick was doing it all farking night! Yeh, he was good & shut Kosi down, but that's what you get for playing the man & not the footy.
F*** HIM!!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: For the Brian Lake apologists...

sax wrote:
Thinline wrote:1 The free was there - soft, undeniably - but it was there.

So F*** off.
Agree 100%
I had to watch on tv (coz I live in SA, but I'll be there next week), & the farking prick was doing it all farking night! Yeh, he was good & shut Kosi down, but that's what you get for playing the man & not the footy.
F*** HIM!!!
agree. don't screw with the roo!

ace
Saintsational Legend

Brian Lake = All Australian Chump.

Thanks for giving us the game chump.
The free your thuggish behaviour gave St Kilda was worth more than 7 points.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Right from the start the Bulldogs targeted Rooey & Gilbo. If they (including their coach) are too dopey to heed the warnings (plural) then they only have themselves to blame !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!