my first game at moorabbin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosainters66
Club Player

my first game at moorabbin

i was only 10 years old when my dad took me to moorabbin , SAINTS v COLLINGWOOD , it was half time and the saints were up at half time my dad was so pumped because we wernt in that position very often back then , he'd had a few beers so he needed to go to the toilet so we walked down to the toilet down behind the grandstand i waited out side , whilst waiting i heard his voice yell at the top of his voice CARN THE SAINTERS , then my dad walks out 15 seconds later with his top front tooth missing , some collingwood supporter didnt enjoy my dad yelling carn the sainters in his ear , Going to training yesturday brought back so many memories at moorabbin

SAINTS FOR EVER
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

You didn't happen to find his missing tooth yesterday by any chance? :D

gosainters66
Club Player

no he still has a plate to this day

SAINTS FOR EVER
Gainzo
Club Player

My 1st game at Moorabbin was an arse kicking by the Hawks in 1982 or 1983. My Dad was a Hawthorn member so I spent many a Saturday at Princes Park watching the Hawks (that sucked).

He was nice enough to take me down to Moorabbin or VFL Park so I could watch the Saints get slaughtered.

My favourite memory of Moorabbin was in 1988 or 1989 when the Saints played Collingwood. I was in the outer and Plugger kicked a goal from 60+ metres that brought the house down. The Saints ran over the Pies that day in the 2nd half.

The only thing I want is a Premiership. Is that too much to ask?