Off-Season Saints spotting...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Off-Season Saints spotting...

Was out on Greville St with a few mates, and got a message from my sister telling me a few of the Saints boys were @ Love Machine (it's a gay night tonight, but many footballers go to avoid being hassled by heroes, or so I'm told).

Stopped off at Hungry Jack's for a burger, and by the time I got there 15 mins later with my mates, they weren't letting anyone in for an hour. I saw Roo get kicked out, and he seemed to be a little drunk (rightfully so, mind you), but not stirring up any trouble. He had a bit of a confrontation with one of the bouncers, but eventually ended up shaking the hands of the other doorman and wishing him a good night. He got into a cab with some bloke who wasn't a player.

2 minutes later, I saw Zac come out, and had a bit of a chat to him. Seemed to be quite depressed still, but he said he is just looking forward to a bit of a mental and physical break over the off-season. He reckons all the boys are in the pits right now, and now know what it takes to go all the way. He added that Milney and Schneids were dirty on themselves, and Schneids was in tears af the post-match meeting insisting he lost the game. Gee, the hurt they're feeling right now would be unbelievable. They're a close-knit group.

Anyway, my sister (admittedly not the biggest fan, so some of the names might be off) said that apart from Roo & Zac - Lenny, Kingy, BJ & Kosi were there too. She had a talk to Roo and offered her condolences. When I told her he got kicked out she didn't believe me because she thought he didn't seem to be affected by alcohol, just texting by himself at the bar.

Anyway, use this thread to inform us of any chats with any of the lads over the off-season. I hope they enjoy the break, use this chance to refresh themselves and come out firing all guns blazing next season.

Chyt I'm hurting still.

The Saints are coming!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

He added that Milney and Schneids were dirty on themselves
' mark Robinson on Game day said he was concerned for Milney's health watching him in the rooms after the game....
we know how high he can get himself and excited-- the opposite would be the same

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
' mark Robinson on Game day said he was concerned for Milney's health watching him in the rooms after the game....
we know how high he can get himself and excited-- the opposite would be the same
Yup. We need to look after him! Hopefully it'll bring about an even steelier resolve next year!

The Saints are coming!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Off-Season Saints spotting...

True Blue Sainter wrote:Was out on Greville St with a few mates, and got a message from my sister telling me a few of the Saints boys were @ Love Machine (it's a gay night tonight,

I saw Zac come out,
I would never have guessed!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Was out on Greville St with a few mates, and got a message from my sister telling me a few of the Saints boys were @ Love Machine (it's a gay night tonight,

I saw Zac come out,
I would never have guessed!
Not that theres anything wrong with that :wink:

Before Im 85
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I reckon cut the players some slack and give them some space if you see them out on the town

They are really hurting, and I reckon the last thing they'd want are well-meaning (or not) fans bailing them up in pubs trying to console them, or worse, wanting to discuss the game

How would you feel if you'd just had the worst day of your working life, went out for a couple of drinks to try and forget..and had people bailing you up wanting to relive it all?

Just for a few weeks..lets not be fanboys/girls eh?? Its hard for the kids to understand, but I reckon if you are old enough to see em in a pub, you are old enough to get it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Isn't all this a smide on the stalking side of things???

Weird.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Isn't all this a smide on the stalking side of things???

Weird.
Ahh yes..tend to agree somewhat...but the same thread gets started every year

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Weird.
Ahh yes..tend to agree somewhat...but the same thread gets started every year
Reminds me of something my Dad said recently:

'There's two kinds of people in the world today, Matto: There's those who enjoy life, and there's those that record other people's on their phones.'

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Weird.
Not really. I was planning on going there anyway, as I was cabbing home with my sister, my girlfriend and her friend who were all there.

I was minding my own business and observing, and Zac actually came over to talk to me to ask me what the time was... I said "bad luck, mate, but you've had a great season personally" and from there he started talking...

Sorry, I just thought a few people would find it interesting...

The Saints are coming!
Milton66
SS Life Member

Only those who need to gat a life. :roll:

I can't believe that people actually do this sort of stuff.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SaintDebi
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Yup. We need to look after him! Hopefully it'll bring about an even steelier resolve next year!
I hope he doesn't read some of the posts on here then.

jk23
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I reckon cut the players some slack and give them some space if you see them out on the town

They are really hurting, and I reckon the last thing they'd want are well-meaning (or not) fans bailing them up in pubs trying to console them, or worse, wanting to discuss the game

How would you feel if you'd just had the worst day of your working life, went out for a couple of drinks to try and forget..and had people bailing you up wanting to relive it all?

Just for a few weeks..lets not be fanboys/girls eh?? Its hard for the kids to understand, but I reckon if you are old enough to see em in a pub, you are old enough to get it
And the same goes at the B&F this saturday...

stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

Who's to say that talking about what happened isn't therapeutic for them?

Knowing that the fans don't hate them, and are highly proud of them.

I only say this because of what True Blue Sainter said about.. how he just said bad luck.. still proud of you to Zac..

If Zac didn't want to talk about it. He'd just go thanks mate and move on.. but he stood there and spoke, signals to me that he wanted to talk about it.. reassess things from other peoples point of view..

They're human, if they don't want to talk about it they wont.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

My comments werent aimed at TBS in particular..I just reckon that maybe the boys dont need wanna-be coaches bailing them up in a pub with "Oh Zac mate, bet you regret kicking the ball straight at Hawkins" or some such dribble...and yes there are plently of clueless fans who'd do this

The guys are on annual leave right now, and I for one dont really like talking about work when I'm on holidays. Yes they'll be at the B&F and of course people are gonna talk to em, but I reckon as jk23 alluded to, maybe those going can just take a breath before they relive Raph getting down by Rooke to his face

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I'm not offended. People have different views.

Zac actually approached me asking for the time, and I didn't bail him up, in fact I was in line at the time.

This isn't a stalking thread. Leave the players space, obviously, they deserve it. But if a player wants a chat, why not? Like I'm chasing after them with my autograph book :roll:

The Saints are coming!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and Zac has proved that he loves a chat

and I think he know we enjoy his work and maybe enjoys feeling appreciated....
saturday post game and on stage Sunday were some of the few times he's been seen without smile all year-
even being harrased by oppositon he has kept smiling....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

One positive for next year is to see/hear how shattered the boys are after the game.

Witnessed some disturbing things after games in the Thomas era finals exits,had you wondering whether they really cared at all.

Bring back the Lockett era
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:One positive for next year is to see/hear how shattered the boys are after the game.

Witnessed some disturbing things after games in the Thomas era finals exits,had you wondering whether they really cared at all.
Again mark Robinson ( he was the assigned h-S reporter fro the Saints rooms) said the mood in the Saints rooms was as much devastation as he had seen post agrand final
http://player.video.news.com.au/heraldsun/#1277350289

I guess with the Clinical nature of games these days we wonder how much they actually care- THEY do.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Yep,a mate went down after the game. I went to the pub instead,but he said the scenes were far worse than a funeral.

Bring back the Lockett era
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Was out on Greville St with a few mates, and got a message from my sister telling me a few of the Saints boys were @ Love Machine (it's a gay night tonight, but many footballers go to avoid being hassled by heroes, or so I'm told).
Maybe they go because they're gay. Many are, we just don't hear about it because it's none of our business.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Was out on Greville St with a few mates, and got a message from my sister telling me a few of the Saints boys were @ Love Machine (it's a gay night tonight, but many footballers go to avoid being hassled by heroes, or so I'm told).
Maybe they go because they're gay. Many are, we just don't hear about it because it's none of our business.
Could you imagine the ridicule a player would get from the homophobes in the stands if he was to 'come out'? Players cop enough crap from supporters as it is (Roo a prime example just for crying FFS). Would not be worth the humiliation. A large majority of Aussie Rules supporters are just not ready for a player to openly acknowledge they are a homosexual. The game would go into meltdown, sad as it is to say. Ridiculous in modern society, but unfortunately very true.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Saw all the players last night out on mad monday..

I work very local, and noticed more than a few saints before i realised they were all there, and many were a little unsteady on thier feet... Seemed to be having a fun night, with noone hassling them...

Jack Steven makes a very convincing priest... And whoever was dressed as a netballer seemed abit too tall for his skirt...

reincarnated

saint75 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Could you imagine the ridicule a player would get from the homophobes in the stands if he was to 'come out'? Players cop enough crap from supporters as it is (Roo a prime example just for crying FFS). Would not be worth the humiliation. A large majority of Aussie Rules supporters are just not ready for a player to openly acknowledge they are a homosexual. The game would go into meltdown, sad as it is to say. Ridiculous in modern society, but unfortunately very true.
Yet all football followers would say that exact same thing.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

reincarnated wrote:
saint75 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Yet all football followers would say that exact same thing.
That is my point. Many claim to be open minded, but they are not. The ridicule they would receive from the stands would be a damning indictment on football supporters. There is enough pressure on players at the elite level as it is.

Fortius Quo Fidelius