I knew I Hated Trade week ........What I'm feeling now..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I knew I Hated Trade week ........What I'm feeling now..

I had not cried after the Grand Final, I just felt so sad for the Players to watch their effort end in such heart rending tears when I couldn't do anything..

I almost broke when Maxy moved forward last Sunday- I knew what was coming....

I sat and absorbed the atmosphere on Saturday night- thinking so e of these boys may / will already know this is their last official Club Function.

I survived the first day of work today with people wishing me the best following the loss- Not alot i could have done about it

My Dislike most years is Trade week - when players choose or are chosen to go.... :( :(
yes I can get excited about new players and watching them develop

It didn't feel good when Bally hadn't come out and said anything 'yes' or 'no'- made me uneasy ( I still fear for Matty :( )
but the news that Bally had CHOSEN to leave has me gutted. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am so saddened by this- alright logically it hadn't looked good but thought his commitment to the group would override other parts and things could be worked out..

BUT to read he has had a contract on his table SINCE JUNE shows he has been thinking about this, and before being dropped..
to see its Collingwood- well maybe manager has had an inkling that's the possible..

in trying to look forward - I guess we know the IQ level at Collingwood will now rise by atleast 50%
they have quality coming their way if it works out?

[quote]However we will now do what is best for the St Kilda Football Club's interests and those of its members and supporters with the aim of completing an equitable trade for a person of Luke's calibre, leadership, playing honours and experience.â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
yipper
SS Life Member

Feeling disappointed actually. Disappointed that Luke did not want to commit himself to becoming a better player at StKilda. Disappointed that he went after some extra cash - even though he has been on a damn generous contract for some years now. Disappointed that he has chosen to go to a team where he thinks he will be a walk up start and be the midfield general instead of striving for excellence in a challenging environment at StKilda.

Thought he was made of much sterner stuff than that. It was just to hard to get a game at StKilda was it?? Rather take some extra dollars and go to a club, where they are light on for midfield talent - so you know you'll always get a game huh?? Really??

Well, I hope the Saints drive a hard bargain here and pick up the player that would' have made the 12 point difference in a Grand Final. Maybe a Lovett, Burgoyne, or some other top liner we haven't thought of yet. Just disappointed Luke Ball.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

a friend of mine just called, wanting confirmation about ball...she doesnt have internet access..

she is more upset that he was given a run in gf when it was known he had yet signed a contract, and her beloved Maxy was left in the stands..

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

if a suitable trade cannot be achieved would ball play with st kilda or it out at any cost?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Feeling disappointed actually. Disappointed that Luke did not want to commit himself to becoming a better player at StKilda. Disappointed that he went after some extra cash - even though he has been on a damn generous contract for some years now. Disappointed that he has chosen to go to a team where he thinks he will be a walk up start and be the midfield general instead of striving for excellence in a challenging environment at StKilda.

Thought he was made of much sterner stuff than that. It was just to hard to get a game at StKilda was it?? Rather take some extra dollars and go to a club, where they are light on for midfield talent - so you know you'll always get a game huh?? Really??

Well, I hope the Saints drive a hard bargain here and pick up the player that would' have made the 12 point difference in a Grand Final. Maybe a Lovett, Burgoyne, or some other top liner we haven't thought of yet. Just disappointed Luke Ball.
Good post

Bring back the Lockett era
claystreet
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:a friend of mine just called, wanting confirmation about ball...she doesnt have internet access..

she is more upset that he was given a run in gf when it was known he had yet signed a contract, and her beloved Maxy was left in the stands..
You need to do something about that avatar

savatage
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:Feeling disappointed actually. Disappointed that Luke did not want to commit himself to becoming a better player at StKilda. Disappointed that he went after some extra cash - even though he has been on a damn generous contract for some years now. Disappointed that he has chosen to go to a team where he thinks he will be a walk up start and be the midfield general instead of striving for excellence in a challenging environment at StKilda.

It seems like Ball is being a sook here - but I genuinely believe that he, himself, can't see himself hitting the necessary level to continue getting games in our midfield. He would be guaranteed games at Collingwood whereas he'd struggle to fit into ours. His lack of pace & dodgy disposal aren't going to get cured at a new club but his in & under style will definitely be handy at a club like Collingwood.

flyingwhale18
Club Player

really hope they have a sit down to discuss the actions needed to be taken and he relises hes making a mistake.

shatterd.

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
claystreet
Club Player

Let him roll free up some $$$ for the team hes made up his mind and its bye from me, all this i am shattered etc wtf

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:if a suitable trade cannot be achieved would ball play with st kilda or it out at any cost?
If a trade cannot be made we have two choices:

(1) delist him and he get's picked up for nothing in the PSD

(2) He plays for us - most likely Sandy - on bugger all money.

(ie. (1) is the only real alternate option!).

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Shattered? Not really. I always respected the bloke for what he did, and loved the fact that he gave his all for our club. He always came across as a really good bloke too.

THe last few years though, he just couldn't get that spark back. Let's be honest - losing Luke Ball is NOT what's standing b/w the saints winning a flag or not.

I love the club, not necessarily each individual player. When they pull on the red white and black I love what they do in those colours. Bally has now chosen to do his stuff in different colours. The club is always bigger, and by Rd 1 next year Ball will be forgotton and hopefully a new exciting player will filll the breach.

Once he's decided that he doesn't want to play with us, I'm already looking fwd to who we will get to fill his shoes, and (hopefully) do his job better.

Let's not mope around about this, the clubs on the cusp of something special, and if Ball doesn't want to be a part of that, well that will be his regret not ours.

battye
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:if a suitable trade cannot be achieved would ball play with st kilda or it out at any cost?
If a trade cannot be made we have two choices:

(1) delist him and he get's picked up for nothing in the PSD

(2) He plays for us - most likely Sandy - on bugger all money.

(ie. (1) is the only real alternate option!).
St Kilda could play hard ball with this trade, particularly as there is not a lot that Collingwood would be willing to give and if a 3-way trade is not possible.

Would he really want to go in the PSD and be snapped up by a team like Melbourne? Would St Kilda still be willing to give him the same contract he was offered earlier this year?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saintjake
Club Player

i like trade week,
there is always suprises.

emma
Club Player

Part of me wishes i was more like you Moods, then it would be so much easier when players retire and trade week begins. But like many i get such an emotional attenchment to all our players that it makes these times so difficult :(

saintly_safes
Club Player

Feeling your pain saintbrat :cry: :cry: :cry:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Interesting isn't it.

Lets say he was offered 300k for 3 yrs which is half of his last deal. Do you really expect him to stay? Based on his performances in the last 3 yrs he barely commands 300k, so I say lets get a player that St Kilda really needs and we all know what type of player that is. You can't blame Ball for leaving for more money and more game time. Put yourself in his shoes and you might understand.

Another opportunity awaits!
Legendary
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Interesting isn't it.

Lets say he was offered 300k for 3 yrs which is half of his last deal. Do you really expect him to stay? Based on his performances in the last 3 yrs he barely commands 300k, so I say lets get a player that St Kilda really needs and we all know what type of player that is. You can't blame Ball for leaving for more money and more game time. Put yourself in his shoes and you might understand.
The Herald Sun is reporting Collingwood is offering less money than St Kilda

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5783067248

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
Moccha wrote:Interesting isn't it.

The Herald Sun is reporting Collingwood is offering less money than St Kilda

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5783067248
I imagine he'll pick up an environmental ambassador job with emirates.

He apparently doesn't have the character/values that I thought he had.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

if he's going for less money to Collingwood then he's a d**khead. Who'd switch jobs for less money. I don't think he's a d**khead so the story must be incorrect. Maybe he's pissed off with Ross? Don't really care because in the big scheme of things Ross is the Boss and St Kilda needs a hard edge bastard like him to get results.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he just doesn't have any more to give...and lets face it, everyone is going to have to give more next year

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Fair dinkum...less money...!!??

He's choosing to leave a club where he has been a captain, an integral part of the team from his AFL beginnings and thick in the battle with Saints loving football soldiers...he's leaving a team that has paid him big dollars, been loyal to him and which is on the cusp of a flag...for a team like Collingwood and less money but maybe more game time.

He must realize he cannot command his previous money any longer...and so look to other ways to make football meaningful...like one-club loyalty, fan adoration and respect..the love from and for fellow loyal players...even now he could still play an important role and be a role model at the club...a la Harvey when he was past his prime and not playing out a full game.

What could moving to Collingwood really do for him that makes this allworthwhile

We rated him too highly as a bloke...

I can't think of another St. Kilda captain who has chosen to leave.....correct me if I am wrong.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm confused as to why he wishes to be traded. Apart from injury, what is making him unhappy at St.Kilda?

Anyway, if he doesn't want to wear the red, white and black, he can F*** the hell off!

He has a chance to play in a team which is potentially in the driver's seat to win a premiership and he wants to leave. SO BE IT!

And if he plays for the Filth, I will boo him every time he goes near ball.

BALLS TO BALLY! :x

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if would have asked for a trade had St Kilda won the premiership?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

what i wanna know is what the filth are offering for him?

there's no way i would take someone like medhurst in exchange. if maguire is leaving, what would people here say to someone like harry o'brien, if the filth are willing to trade for him?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Schillaci
Club Player

Moods wrote:Shattered? Not really. I always respected the bloke for what he did, and loved the fact that he gave his all for our club. He always came across as a really good bloke too.

THe last few years though, he just couldn't get that spark back. Let's be honest - losing Luke Ball is NOT what's standing b/w the saints winning a flag or not.

I love the club, not necessarily each individual player. When they pull on the red white and black I love what they do in those colours. Bally has now chosen to do his stuff in different colours. The club is always bigger, and by Rd 1 next year Ball will be forgotton and hopefully a new exciting player will filll the breach.

Once he's decided that he doesn't want to play with us, I'm already looking fwd to who we will get to fill his shoes, and (hopefully) do his job better.

Let's not mope around about this, the clubs on the cusp of something special, and if Ball doesn't want to be a part of that, well that will be his regret not ours.
Well said.