Joel Macdonald...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Joel Macdonald...

On the outer at Brisbane.

Quite a handy player, can play the "3rd tall" role in defence, has a bit of toe and can play up the ground a bit. Knows how to find the ball and can take the job on a variety of different forwards. Could potentially free up someone like Gilbo, Raph or BJ to play further up the ground!

Worth a punt for a late pick?

The Saints are coming!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Would love him but would cos a third rounder at cheapest... He's been linked to North and if they offer a third rounder we can't match it...

However I wouldn't rule out him being involved in a deal for X...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
HarveysDeciple

Armoooo wrote:Would love him but would cos a third rounder at cheapest... He's been linked to North and if they offer a third rounder we can't match it...

However I wouldn't rule out him being involved in a deal for X...
Yeah if we are going to trade X to the Lions, we should try to tie him into it somehow.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Yeah, agree with both those sentiments boys...

Definitely worth a shot. X for Macdonald straight up could be a beneficial trade for both parties involved..

The Saints are coming!
dascman
Club Player

Not worth it.

Think of it this way. Brisbane's defence is average already, and they consider him to be SURPLUS to an average defence.

He's a GOP. He's not a great kick, he's undersized and simply not worth it.

Rather keep the list as it is.

super dooper
Club Player

let him fall into the hands of Carlton as part of the fev deal...

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane like to load up from half back with players like +dick (Adcock) and Drummond who play the role McDonald did in 2008 but use the ball better.

Mc Donald is a good footballer who would suit our defensive structure and he can win his own ball.

I'd be happy to get Joel and I think he would compete with Raph and Dempster for a half back role.

He'd be worth no more than a 3rd rounder to us IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Not sure we need him.

We have Goose and X-man who hopefully(if not traded) will be ready for next year. If Max and Goose couldn't get a game, I don't really think we need McDonald IMHO.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Not sure we need him.

We have Goose and X-man who hopefully(if not traded) will be ready for next year. If Max and Goose couldn't get a game, I don't really think we need McDonald IMHO.
Different player to Max and Goose who were KPP, more a mid sized defender like Raph.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Jesse W Smith from the Roos is apparently seeking for a trade. Really struggles and gets some bad luck with injuries, but when fit & firing he is a huge talent, and could be anything. He'd immediately displace Raph or Demps from the team....

The Saints are coming!
S.A Saint
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:Jesse W Smith from the Roos is apparently seeking for a trade. Really struggles and gets some bad luck with injuries, but when fit & firing he is a huge talent, and could be anything. He'd immediately displace Raph or Demps from the team....
+1.. seems as though the cats are interested in him

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Jesse W Smith from the Roos is apparently seeking for a trade. Really struggles and gets some bad luck with injuries, but when fit & firing he is a huge talent, and could be anything. He'd immediately displace Raph or Demps from the team....
Would be a great player if it weren't for injuries...
I'd be willing to offer our 3rd rounder for him...

I'm happy to go into to the draft without any picks, we have enough young players coming through as it is...

Would love to snag one or two more players before the trade period is over...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
Would be a great player if it weren't for injuries...
I'd be willing to offer our 3rd rounder for him...

I'm happy to go into to the draft without any picks, we have enough young players coming through as it is...

Would love to snag one or two more players before the trade period is over...
Likewise.

Any combination of Everitt, Macdonald & Smith would be more than handy! All would be valuable additions.

The Saints are coming!
Batnoe

U need a minimum of 3 picks in the draft so we have to do it, or is it that you need to make at least 3 changes?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Not sure we need him.

Different player to Max and Goose who were KPP, more a mid sized defender like Raph.
Ok. maybe he would be good then. Thanks, Joffa. :wink:

older saint
SS Life Member

S.A Saint wrote:
Know for a fact ankle is stuffed. No thanks