Our list has been weakened

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

Our list has been weakened

OUT: Hudgton, X Clarke and Ball Maguire likely
These are heart and soul players - and so difficult to replace.
I have no problems with Lyon's game plan - it is delivering, but we have lost (or are losing) players who have bled for the club.
Our in box is light on. Although Lovett should be good - he will be 27 soon, and Peake is at the least a controversial pick and an older pick too.
If Xavier is OK then receiving pick 60 in return is a joke.
I shudder to think what we are going to get for Luke Ball?
This, I believe is our worst trading effort in many years

S.A Saint
Club Player

Re: Our list has been weakened

DownAtTheJunction wrote:OUT: Hudgton, X Clarke and Ball Maguire likely
I have no problems with Lyon's game plan - it is delivering, but we have lost (or are losing) players who have bled for the club.
Our in box is light on. Although Lovett should be good - he will be 27 soon, and Peake is at the least a controversial pickand is also an older pick
i shudder to think what we are going to get for Luke Ball?
i see something massive brewing come friday 1.59....gut feeling obviously 8-)

chook23
Saintsational Legend

over reaction

locked in 2004-5 era

saint4life
bigred
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:over reaction

locked in 2004-5 era
yup

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Well out of these hear and soul players Ball was the only one who played a majority of games, i think we did fine at 20-2. Lovetts age doesnt come into factor to me because we want a premiership now, we are not building for one.

Don't understand the X trade either, pick 60? Is that like saying we could develop a pick 60 in a weak draft into someone decent like X, doubtful, he is worth more.

makemytime
Club Player

yes but you have also got to think of the blokes that came in this year as well as previous years under lyon's trading scheme.

In: Dawson, King, Gardiner, Schneider, Ray just a few to mention

TassieJones
Club Player

lets be honest though

out of minor premiership best 22: Ball (probably)
in: Lovett

on last years form Lovett was a fair bit better than Ball. Net gain, bit closer to a flag
Last edited by TassieJones on Thu 08 Oct 2009 5:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

PJ
SS Life Member

OUT: Hudgton, X Clarke and Ball Maguire likely
Our in box is light on. Although Lovett should be good - he will be 27 soon, and Peake is at the least a controversial pick and an older pick too.
I shudder to think what we are going to get for Luke Ball?
Emotionally yes but in terms of players X hasn't done anything in ages and Bally has struggled, Max was moving on anyway - Mat well we'll wait and see.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Maxstar22
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:
Our in box is light on. Although Lovett should be good - he will be 27 soon, and Peake is at the least a controversial pickand is also an older pick
i shudder to think what we are going to get for Luke Ball?
i see something massive brewing come friday 1.59....gut feeling obviously 8-)
Are you serious?

Goose - hasn't played a full season for 3 years now. Didn't play at all this year and we didn pretty damn well without him.
X - as above.
Max - My favourite player (hence the nic on here). But again injury interupted past few seasons. Have apparently found a decent replacement for him (Dawson).
Ball - see Max comments. Interupted past few seasons and has never been the same since he played on when he had OP (or still has it - do you actaully ever recover from it?).

I would say that getting pick 60 for X will be used in some sort of trade deal tomorrow.

You have to look at the bigger picture here.

Anyways, just my humble opinion.

In Ross I Trust. Go Sainters.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

How many of these were instrumental in our 20-2 H&A season this year?

Goose is still there. Not even whispers about him.

Premature sky is falling garbage.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

All is lost.

Maxstar22
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
How many of these were instrumental in our 20-2 H&A season this year?

Goose is still there. Not even whispers about him.

Premature sky is falling garbage.
Why does everyone always jump to conclusions and go nuts before actually sitting down and thinking it through.

megs4#31
Club Player

heart and soul players - we've got lenny, bj, rooey... tell me they wont teach the new ones what it means to bleed for this club. and me thinks that having burkey and hopefully maxy around the club will help out as well. Look at the guys we got last year, they have played heart and soul for this club! bring on next year!

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
milney044
Club Player

Look at it realisitcally here. If you weren't a Saints supporter how much would you give up for X? The guy hasn't played in over a year and has had injury after injury.
I think the club knows that they were never going to get anything decent for him, if anything at all. Seriously put him up for trade, and i really don't think anyone's going to bite. I think the club has looked at it like they would rather get pick 60 for him than nothing.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
PJ
SS Life Member

Sorry I mean seriously what was X going to do - I think some are clinging to fairy tales. Our list is decidedly stronger and improving all the time. X gave us some brilliant flashes and I wish him well but WTF.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

We are gettting rid of X after a knee reconstruction ithout giving him a chance. Boy I am glad these decision makers were'nt around when Robert Harvey and Lenny Hayes did their knees.
Unless of course our medical staff have given him little hope of furthering his career.
Last edited by borderbarry on Thu 08 Oct 2009 6:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:We are gettting rid of X after a knee reconstruction ithout giving him a chance. Boy I am glad these decision makers were'nt around when Robert amd Lenny Hayes did their knees.
but they wanted to stay!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

saint4life
S.A Saint
Club Player

Maxstar22 what picture am i missing out on here??...

S.A Saint
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:We are gettting rid of X after a knee reconstruction ithout giving him a chance. Boy I am glad these decision makers were'nt around when Robert amd Lenny Hayes did their knees.
but they wanted to stay!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
why do you have to be like that chook23 8-) 8-) ....common sense is not welcome on this board just speculation dont forget :wink: ....

HarveysDeciple

borderbarry wrote:We are gettting rid of X after a knee reconstruction ithout giving him a chance. Boy I am glad these decision makers were'nt around when Robert Harvey and Lenny Hayes did their knees.
Unless of course our medical staff have given him little hope of furthering his career.
Saints did not get rid of X.......he requested a trade.

claystreet
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:We are gettting rid of X after a knee reconstruction ithout giving him a chance. Boy I am glad these decision makers were'nt around when Robert Harvey and Lenny Hayes did their knees.
LOL X was approched by Brisbane so the saints let him go, you better blame his manager and Brisbane first instead of sticking the boots into the club.

milney044
Club Player

Robert Harvey and Lenny Hayes are both substantially better players than X Clarke, and hadn't broken down several times previously (hamstrings). X wanted a fresh start and i don't blame him, plus he's seen how hard it's been for Luke to break into the side, imagine what it's going to be like for him. Imagine doing all the work to recover from a knee reco and then not even be able to make the seniors.
It's better for X to go to the Lions, and basically start his career again. Good luck to him.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

We still have heart and soul players, granted, and quite a number.
But to say we are always in good shape, no matter what we pick is plain ignorant.
Milne, Clarke, Kosi, Dempster, Schneider, Ray and Dawson (yes, dawson) had lower level games in the Gf.
Quality trading will help us maintain a standard.
Once again I state I have no problems with Lyon's game plan. But his does not mean I have to endorse all trades, just because he's involved

Maxstar22
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:Maxstar22 what picture am i missing out on here??...
How can you say that any player that has had a number of injury interupted seasons has strengthened our list? Why would you want to use your salary cap, resources etc on a player that is sitting on the sidelines and not for a new recruit that can bring us some brillance (just like X did once upon a time).

I'm sorry, I was under the impression we were here to win premierships. How can we do that when we keep onto players that are actually weakening the team? Keeping them is weakening the list, not the other way around.

Also, by the sounds of the farewell video, I got the impression he was approached by Brissy and wanted to go.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Maxstar22 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:Maxstar22 what picture am i missing out on here??...
How can you say that any player that has had a number of injury interupted seasons has strengthened our list? Why would you want to use your salary cap, resources etc on a player that is sitting on the sidelines and not for a new recruit that can bring us some brillance (just like X did once upon a time).

I'm sorry, I was under the impression we were here to win premierships. How can we do that when we keep onto players that are actually weakening the team? Keeping them is weakening the list, not the other way around.

Also, by the sounds of the farewell video, I got the impression he was approached by Brissy and wanted to go.
Mate you have lost the plot.....could you please highlight were i have said anything about x besides my first comment about having a gut feeling that there was going to be a massive trade 2moro....

i think you might have me mixed up with someone else..... :idea: