brisbane delistings anyone interesting?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

brisbane delistings anyone interesting?

SEN | LIST CHANGES: The Brisbane Lions have made fifteen changes to their list, following an active trade period last week.

In total, seven senior players have been delisted, five rookies have been let go, two players were traded, and one player has retired.

From the senior list, Scott Clouson, Scott Harding, Rhan Hooper, Kieran King, Joel Macdonald, Jason Roe and Matthew Tyler have been delisted.

Bradd Dalziell was traded to West Coast, while Lachlan Henderson is now at Carlton.

Tim Notting called it quits at the end of the season.

From the Rookie list, Daniel Dzufer, Pat Garner, Daniel Murray, Adam Spackman and Joel Tippett have been delisted.

http://www.sportsentral.com/pro/main/st ... 456&sr=all

axcellence
Club Player

Wonder why St Kilda didn't take Joel McDonald instead of pick 60?

Oh well, Luke Ball now has competition for the no. 1 PSD pick.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

although on the afl site it states that delistings will come this arvo.

footynut
Club Player

You would hope that St.Kilda wold consider Scott Harding, Joel Macdonald, Jason Roe and even have a look at Joel Tippett (dont know much about).

Harding could add some pace and depth to our midfield

Roe and Macdonald could fit into our back line, releasing fisher, gilbert and goddard to go forwar of into the middle.

And they are all 26 and under so reasonable young

Batnoe

Re my earlier post on Clouston

we have already promised him a spot... Take of it what you will!!

However, players such as Hooper (if he doesnt go walk about) Harding and McDonald are all good players on their day

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Re my earlier post on Clouston

we have already promised him a spot... Take of it what you will!!

However, players such as Hooper (if he doesnt go walk about) Harding and McDonald are all good players on their day
and what type of player is he?

Elvis
Club Player

Pat Garner is an absolute tragic tale amongst the Brisbane de-listings.. Four years on the list, three knee reco's, no senior games, makes you realise just how much of an opportunity and achievement it is to play just one game.

I taught and coached Pat and he was the most positive, talented kid around. Real shame.

eppo67
Club Player

Definately look at Harding and McDonald. Good futures and with Voss going for the quick fix ( which will blow up in his face) we and other clubs could end up real winners with some of these delistings.

SaintHomer
Club Player

macdonald is a huge shock. i've always roe was a handy tall down back too.

it beggars belief that you'd pick up two injury prown half back flankers in x and raines, and yet let got of macdonald who had 400+ possessions this year! only 3 players had more of the ball last season :shock:

some huge calls there. i hope vossy's good first year didn't go to his head. he's really slashing the list.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

If we can take McDonald or Harding I'd be stoked... Not interested in any of the others...

Except we could somehow get Roe on the rookie list.

But jeez, what is Vossy doing?

He has delisted 12 players, traded 2?, offered another 2 away as well...

He had tried to get rid of ahlf his bloody team :shock:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Elvis
Club Player

SaintHomer wrote:macdonald is a huge shock. i've always roe was a handy tall down back too.

it beggars belief that you'd pick up two injury prown half back flankers in x and raines, and yet let got of macdonald who had 400+ possessions this year! only 3 players had more of the ball last season :shock:

some huge calls there. i hope vossy's good first year didn't go to his head. he's really slashing the list.
Vossy has the whole of Queensland conned. I just don't get it, he is like the farking prodigal son x 1,000,000.

There is no way this is going to work, good job, so sick of seeing the Saints get rolled on the 'Gabbatoir' in front of idiot spectators that know nothing about football and half cut corporate suits in sponsored boxes.

Are we playing them there next year? I hope Zac holds that serial farkwit Fevola to zero and we hammer them a la round 22 2005.

Sorry about the rant but Vossy and Brisbane give me the sheets

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Elvis wrote:
SaintHomer wrote:macdonald is a huge shock. i've always roe was a handy tall down back too.

Vossy has the whole of Queensland conned. I just don't get it, he is like the farking prodigal son x 1,000,000.

There is no way this is going to work, good job, so sick of seeing the Saints get rolled on the 'Gabbatoir' in front of idiot spectators that know nothing about football and half cut corporate suits in sponsored boxes.

Are we playing them there next year? I hope Zac holds that serial farkwit Fevola to zero and we hammer them a la round 22 2005.

Sorry about the rant but Vossy and Brisbane give me the sheets
Well, he is putting his "stamp" on the list after all :lol:

After Fev's "who's Zac" comment earlier this year, I also hope Zac holds him to nothing...

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Elvis wrote:Pat Garner is an absolute tragic tale amongst the Brisbane de-listings.. Four years on the list, three knee reco's, no senior games, makes you realise just how much of an opportunity and achievement it is to play just one game.

I taught and coached Pat and he was the most positive, talented kid around. Real shame.
I also coached Pat. A great kid who was (correct me if I'm wrong) an All-Australian U/18 who showed promise. A very sad story.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

afl list as they know it
http://www.afl.com.au/retirements%20%20 ... fault.aspx

still the Saints, Carlton and North to announce.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Out of those delistings - I hope the Saints consider Joel MacDonald, always rated him

How often would a guy play about 22 matches in a season and be tipped out :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 15 Oct 2009 4:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Joel Macdonald would be a very useful acquisition - I made a post on him during Trade Week. I'd look at Harding & Roe also; Harding would add a bit of depth to the midfield and small forward role, whilst Roe could be a useful tall down back - and free up Fish or Gilbo.

The Saints are coming!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would happy with any of the Brisbane players afterall the club must be very interested when we took pick 60 for X.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:afl list as they know it
http://www.afl.com.au/retirements%20%20 ... fault.aspx

still the Saints, Carlton and North to announce.
also hawthorn, abd westcoast. both of those clubs have no delisstings, just retirements.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Joel Macdonald would be a very useful acquisition - I made a post on him during Trade Week. I'd look at Harding & Roe also; Harding would add a bit of depth to the midfield and small forward role, whilst Roe could be a useful tall down back - and free up Fish or Gilbo.
My main query with Roe is his ball use and decision making, seeing the way some saints 'supporters' talk about Raph it'd be amazing to hear what they have to say about this bloke...

If I could choose one it would be Harding, I'd rather we got him instead of pick 60 for X

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
HarveysDeciple

No way should we get Roe.

McDonald yes, Harding maybe. but not Roe. Suspect skills under pressure, had a breakout year in either 06 or 07, but faded badly since.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

I look at this way. He is rolling the dice. Paid nothing for Clarke, which is the correct price given his injury record, but if he gets his body right he has a huge upside. Staker and Buchanen can both do a job and Fev is a star, if a little problematic. I don't really know much about Raines but he was well regarded a couple of years ago.

Good on Vossy for giving it a red hot go.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why are we all of a sudden keen on all these Brisbane spuds?

Maybe MacDonald, but Roe FFS :roll:

And why would we offer this Clousten cabbage a lifeline?

Lets see if Gwilt gets the chop before anyone gets excited.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
hotdish
Club Player

The saints wouldn't get McDonald as he wouldn't fit into our salary cap.

I have a feeling we may be interested in Hooper - he would definately add to our defensive pressure and forward scoring options.

Unfortunately, his off the field track record will probably mean we don't picl him up...

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I would happy with any of the Brisbane players afterall the club must be very interested when we took pick 60 for X.
Doesn't mean we're not interested. Rules state that you must have a minimum of three additions to your list on draft day. One or two of those may be upgraded rookies in Dawson and Miles. Another one or two could be youngsters.

Say we plan to take one young player with selection 32 and only upgrade Dawson. We then find we have no other young players of interest but would be keen to add say MacDonald to our list then he will be taken with our second/third selection in the draft. Had we done a straight trade we would have MacDonald + a kid who we don't want/need (and need to make space on the list for). This way the trade is effectively only MacDonald for Clarke.

Sense maketh?

RoseInOz
Club Player

Last edited by RoseInOz on Thu 15 Oct 2009 5:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!