Ball walks out??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJKCR
Club Player

Ball walks out??

I don't know if it is a poor choice of words but Sports tonight just said that Luke ball has walked out on the club, after talking about Bradshaw leaving the Lions. I haven't heard or seen anything on that over here in the West or on this website so I am going to call shenanigans. Any news?

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Who are you? Who? Who? Who? Who?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I asked that question after seeing it raised in an article about Port Adelaide looking at him

BUT most teams are NOT offering anything for him-want him t wait for PSD IF he does decide he needs a new challenge

BUt he will remain on our list untill further notice as it is in his and the clubs best interest to do so. ( I hope)
If a contract between a Club and a Player expires on 31 October in any year, the Player shall remain registered as a Player of and be bound to the Club until the conclusion of the National Draft Selection Meeting in the relevant year. This Rule does not apply if the Club deletes the Player’s name from its List during the period 31 October until the time
and day when the de-listed Player is able to nominate for the National
Draft Selection Meeting under Rule 4.4.3

http://aflpa.com.au/sites/all/files/AFL ... urrent.pdf

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I asked that question after seeing it raised in an article about Port Adelaide looking at him

BUT most teams are NOT offering anything for him-want him t wait for PSD IF he does decide he needs a new challenge

BUt he will remain on our list untill further notice as it is in his and the clubs best interest to do so. ( I hope)
If a contract between a Club and a Player expires on 31 October in any year, the Player shall remain registered as a Player of and be bound to the Club until the conclusion of the National Draft Selection Meeting in the relevant year. This Rule does not apply if the Club deletes the Player’s name from its List during the period 31 October until the time
and day when the de-listed Player is able to nominate for the National
Draft Selection Meeting under Rule 4.4.3

http://aflpa.com.au/sites/all/files/AFL ... urrent.pdf
Which all means Luke Ball can only go into the National Draft with St Kilda's blessing.
He is a St Kilda player until we delist him or he goes into the Pre-Season Draft.

If he goes into the Pre-Season Draft he will get plenty of game time tanking for wooden spoons.
AND then he will reach retirement before his next premiership window opens.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Only caught the end of Hutchy on the radio this morning from the U.S,but I thought I heard him say Ball was over there with some of the saints boys,and the club hasn't given up hope yet.

Bring back the Lockett era
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:Only caught the end of Hutchy on the radio this morning from the U.S,but I thought I heard him say Ball was over there with some of the saints boys,and the club hasn't given up hope yet.
As much as I am disappointed in the way this has panned out in the media, I really would like Luke to stay and if this is true, you have made my day! I just hate losing 'born and bred' Saints players to other clubs.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

heck you know what- even the coaches are over there somewhere

BUT America is a VERY VERY big country.....
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 17 Oct 2009 1:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
danners
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Only caught the end of Hutchy on the radio this morning from the U.S,but I thought I heard him say Ball was over there with some of the saints boys,and the club hasn't given up hope yet.
so he actually went to the states? i knew the boys were over there but they went over during trade week and he was still in melbourne so i just thought he wasnt going to be with them

maybe its a good thing. they can talk some sense into him and make him stay

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

oh f***, i was hoping we'd come to an agreement with ball to stay but if hutchy is reporting we are in with a chance...we aren't :(

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yeh, theres that too. Hutchy.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

danners wrote:
so he actually went to the states? i knew the boys were over there but they went over during trade week and he was still in melbourne so i just thought he wasnt going to be with them

maybe its a good thing. they can talk some sense into him and make him stay
for $55 a week according to tugger err plugger..... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintnick12
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
As much as I am disappointed in the way this has panned out in the media, I really would like Luke to stay and if this is true, you have made my day! I just hate losing 'born and bred' Saints players to other clubs.
Agreed. I too would like him to stay. I've always liked him...my two year old has his number on his jumper. He can return and be the prodigal son...we'll welcome him back. As other posters have said, all he needs to do is blame it all on his manager , have a heart to heart with the boys, and we all move on. I'm surprised he hasn't spoken at all yet. I'm hoping that means there is still hope they will work it all out.
But if in the end he walks away then so be it. The Saints is a special place to be a part of and if he walks away then good luck to him, but he'll no longer be a part of what we have here and that will be sad.