Ball to meet the D's tomorrow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

Ball to meet the D's tomorrow

I hope Luke stays.

At the end of the day (as Stan would say) it comes down to being the BEST at the BEST CLUB.

Luke Ball would be THE BEST at the WORST club currently.

A Melbourne mate said to me recently that we deserve to lose him to Melbourne because we have treated him so badly.

I replied that he would be a GREAT captain for Melbourne but queried wether he would be playing in Melbourne's next Premiership side 'cause it might be a while.

I remember a couple of years ago we beat the "D's" at the G. Bally was bandaged up around the nose and had been wandering around with concussion as a result. He probably had only 10 touches as a result but he played with pure guts and never gave up.

When we won the game (not easily) and the players were running off, I cheered Bally from the fence for his gutsy determination to see the game out.

He came over & gave me a hug.

I was chuffed.

I want him to play in our next Premiership side.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ball to meet the D's tomorrow

linz wrote:I hope Luke stays.

At the end of the day (as Stan would say) it comes down to being the BEST at the BEST CLUB.

Luke Ball would be THE BEST at the WORST club currently.

A Melbourne mate said to me recently that we deserve to lose him to Melbourne because we have treated him so badly.

I replied that he would be a GREAT captain for Melbourne but queried wether he would be playing in Melbourne's next Premiership side 'cause it might be a while.

I remember a couple of years ago we beat the "D's" at the G. Bally was bandaged up around the nose and had been wandering around with concussion as a result. He probably had only 10 touches as a result but he played with pure guts and never gave up.

When we won the game (not easily) and the players were running off, I cheered Bally from the fence for his gutsy determination to see the game out.

He came over & gave me a hug.

I was chuffed.

I want him to play in our next Premiership side.
Well, linz, I hope he remembers moments like that when he is sitting in front of the Melbourne hierachy.

Barry Hall kicked the winning goal in the rain after the siren at the G against Hawthorn and hugged the players like it was a premiership. That was his last game for us. Hope Luke realises that he can make history at St Kilda.

linz
Club Player

At least Big Bad bustling won a flag 'cause tummy punches were legal then.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:At least Big Bad bustling won a flag 'cause tummy punches were legal then.
Wonder if that tummy punch put Goose on RL's bad list???

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

atleast we know that the saints had first contact with Luke in the last two weeks

as his manager admitted NOT having any contact with him whilst he'd been away.

and the Demons meeting was set up Before he went from something i read.

I'd like Luke to be HAPPY to stay; I guess if we'd been more aware of Luke being Unhappy - our Shock at his decision/ request may have been alittle less extreme,
Last edited by saintbrat on Wed 28 Oct 2009 9:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
linz
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
linz wrote:At least Big Bad bustling won a flag 'cause tummy punches were legal then.
Wonder if that tummy punch put Goose on RL's bad list???
Do you reckon Goose faked it?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:atleast we know that the saints had first contact with Luke in the last two weeks

as his manager admitted NOT having any contact with him whilst he'd been away.

and the Demons meeting was set up Before he went from something i read.
His "manager" couldn't (simple task deleted) with adult supervision. :wink:

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I hope Bally stays...watched the first 3Q of the Grand Final a couple of nights ago (not ready for the last Q yet!)....he would have been in consideration for the Norm Smith at half time....you can't just replace what he does that easily. Dunno what Ross Lyon's issues are with him and why he got so little gametime...but I would hope that they could put it behind them and plan for a 2010 premiership together.

Nee!
linz
Club Player

fugazi wrote:I hope Bally stays...watched the first 3Q of the Grand Final a couple of nights ago (not ready for the last Q yet!)....he would have been in consideration for the Norm Smith at half time....you can't just replace what he does that easily. Dunno what Ross Lyon's issues are with him and why he got so little gametime...but I would hope that they could put it behind them and plan for a 2010 premiership together.
fugazi, your name sounds familiar to me. Have we met?
I hope Luke & Ross have the courage to expel their differences.
A COMMON GOAL APPROACH.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id like Ball to stay but Im getting past it to be honest.

If he goes to Dees IMHO it tells me 3 things:

1. Luke wants extra cash (no probs with that - make hay etc etc)
2. Luke knows he'll be a big fish in a little, developing pond and he likes that idea and finals perhaps arent the be-all.......
3. Luke doesnt think he can work his way into St Kilda's best 22 at a greater than 50% game time level

Id love Ball to stay but Im not for the club bending over to "beg" him to.....OR for Ross Lyon to have to offer some greater game time % just to keep Luke happy. The message on that front has been consistent and clear - EARN YOUR SPOT.

I do not believe for 1 moment Ross Lyon is swayed by "favorites" - he, unlike Grant, is far to clinical in his pursuit of victory for that. Lyon will play WHOEVER gives him the best chance to plug a hole, do a role, get him the result he thinks will help us win games IMO. He'll go against the trend and back players IF he thinks they have something....(see Raph Clarke) and he'll drop stars if he feels he isnt getting a certain level of effort/outcome.

Luke Ball is no different.

I must say though that should Ball stay, fight his way into the 22 AND add to his game where he simply HAS to be given more game time......then my original opinion of him as a smart leader prepared to do what it takes for the benefit of the team will only be enhanced.

It may be just wishful thinking on my part but I also believe that IF Ball takes this path then this decision will truly be a defining moment of his footy career - especially if goes on to become a St Kilda Premiership player.

“Yeah….nah””
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

It is up to him. Saints want him. Does he want Saints?

saintrod
Club Player

This is a joke he has obviously made up his mind to move on and if he was going to stay he wouldn't be meeting with the Ds.

S.A Saint
Club Player

This has dragged on for way to long...obviously he doesn't want to be here for whatever reason (game time, more money etc)...The trading peroid has passed and we missed out on getting something for him which imho was a good move not to accept mediocrity from the filth even if it meant him walking into the draft....

there are a number of player ready to take on the next step and challenge for that spot and with the addition of a few players during the trade period we are more then set to go full steam ahead for the big dance...

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I am eager for a decision to be made. I want Luke to stay but only if he can be 110% about it and patch things up with his team mates and coach because I imagine they are a little strained at the moment.

Either way (stay or go) I would love to have it all settled soon

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
spert
Saintsational Legend

The longer this drags on, the more I think LB is hanging out for money, or guaranteed senior game time at the Saints, and neither can be guaranteed to him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand why this has to take so long, if he doesn't want to be at the Saints just say so...

If he is still contemplating what he wants to do and where he wants to be, when other Saints players are probably already training and focused on 2010...it doesn't quite sit right with me :?

Just my opinion...

ace
Saintsational Legend

If Ball goes to the Demons it means he wants money not silverware.

Melbourne has and will collect players for their shot at a window, but the development time will make that window too late for Ball to be a part of it.

Brock Mc Lean recognised that he had been part of a false start by Melbourne and left because he was older than the new group and not prepared to wait.
Ball is two years older and his body is a wreck.

If he seriously wants a premiership he wll return to St Kilda.

The money or the flag Luke, it's your choice.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

:lol: Melbourne...urrrgh

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:If Ball goes to the Demons it means he wants money not silverware.

Melbourne has and will collect players for their shot at a window, but the development time will make that window too late for Ball to be a part of it.

Brock Mc Lean recognised that he had been part of a false start by Melbourne and left because he was older than the new group and not prepared to wait.

Maybe get a game or always get a game. Luke it is your choice. I dont we will see Bally in Saints colours next season.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:If Ball goes to the Demons it means he wants money not silverware.

I think you under estimate how quickly things can change........

Melbourne is coming out of their trough...............

saint4life
Gershwin
Club Player

If Melbourne can’t get Ball to sign then they really are hopeless. They can offer him:
1. Money
2. A leadership position (captaincy in a couple of years?)
3. Guaranteed game time

They will roll out Jack Watts and Liam Jurrah and Jim Stynes will play the emotion card.
“Premiership coming soon - get on board Lukeâ€

summertime and the living is easy ........
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Gershwin"]If Melbourne can’t get Ball to sign then they really are hopeless. They can offer him:
1. Money
3. Guaranteed game time

They will roll out Jack Watts and Liam Jurrah and Jim Stynes will play the emotion card.

Another opportunity awaits!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Gershwin"]If Melbourne can’t get Ball to sign then they really are hopeless. They can offer him:
1. Money
3. Guaranteed game time

saint4life
Gilbo1on1
Club Player

1950something Moccha. I still cant easily forget Jeff White eliminating us a few years ago. How badly have they gone since then?

Gilbo1on1
Club Player

[quote="chook23"][quote="Gershwin"]If Melbourne can’t get Ball to sign then they really are hopeless. They can offer him:
1. Money
3. Guaranteed game time