OFFICIAL: Luke Ball gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

danners
Club Player

OFFICIAL: Luke Ball gone

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

St Kilda Football Club has been advised by Luke Ball that he will leave the Club.

Senior Coach Ross Lyon recently met with Ball to reiterate the Saints’ interests in retaining Luke and also outlined the improvements necessary for both Luke and the entire St Kilda playing list to again be competitive in 2010. However Luke has now made the decision to pursue his career elsewhere.

While St Kilda is disappointed with Luke’s decision, the Club believes it has conducted itself appropriately through what have been lengthy and complex negotiations in attempting to find a fair and reasonable outcome for all concerned.

The Club would like to thank Luke for his contribution throughout his eight year career at the Saints.

There will be no further comment on this matter as St Kilda now focuses on the upcoming AFL Drafts and preparation for the 2010 season.

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

why start another thread..official part mentioned......in age article thread

saint4life
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:why start another thread..official part mentioned......in age article thread
Cos its official now.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

While St Kilda is disappointed with Luke’s decision, the Club believes it has conducted itself appropriately through what have been lengthy and complex negotiations in attempting to find a fair and reasonable outcome for all concerned.
Read: STK has conducted itself honorably and honestly; Ball and co have behaved like petulant, grubby, spoilt little sschoolkids.

Live it up at Tigerland, dud. Ball and Richmond deserve each other.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Read: STK has conducted itself honorably and honestly; Ball and co have behaved like petulant, grubby, spoilt little sschoolkids.

Can you tell us all the facts to come up with that or is it a case of the saints are always right and a player once they leave are arseholes.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

a case of the saints are always right and a player once they leave are arseholes.
The first post (or part thereof) that you have written and I agree with

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

a case of the saints are always right and a player once they leave are arseholes.

One would think that the fact I quoted the presser and then put the word 'Read:' at the start of my first sentence would have clearly insinuated that I was offering an opinion as to what I thought the the PR was REALLY saying.

It's called reading between the lines or cynical disbelief.

If I actually knew, you'd think I'd preface my note with something along the lines of 'I was talking to Ross Lyon the other day and he said...'

Is that too difficult for you to comprehend?

Anyway, If you add up all the 'what the paper's tell us' it is not hard to see why StK would feel a bit like a disgruntled pawn in a larger and grossly unfortunate game.

You obviously take everything that is written by our erstewhile club literally, word-for-word, black and white. As someone who has in the past worked long and hard in the communications game, I do not.

So spare me the condescending 'what would you know?' rubbish.

You, as is often the case, are a mile off target.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Bring on David Armitiage I say...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
markp
Saintsational Legend

Everyone should like and cheer ex-players just as much as they did when they played for us... that should really go for all opposition players too, just in case they play for us one day.

Personally I am looking forward to Lenny pile driving him into the ground.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Good. Have a great time at Melbourne winning wooden spoons Bally

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintDal
Club Player

I love Luke and I'm disappointed he is going but I think its for the best. This now gives an oppurtunity for some of the younger guys to get somes games into them which they haven't really had much of a chance to do.

saintlee
Club Player

Well, I'm sad to see Bally go...I always liked him.....however, I don't think he is a huge loss, we have strong midfield depth, and his leaving gives Armo and Steven a great opportunity to step up...

Schillaci
Club Player

Bye Ball Bag.
You're a Saint or u Aint.
He chose to leave. He can live with it and the failure of being at the Dees or whichever filth of a club.
Wish he stayed but know we will do alright without him.

S.A Saint
Club Player

markp wrote:Everyone should like and cheer ex-players just as much as they did when they played for us... that should really go for all opposition players too, just in case they play for us one day.

Personally I am looking forward to Lenny pile driving him into the ground.
haha i love how you put that all being nice and sincere and then bang with that last line ;)...personally i reckon armo will rough up luke ball like he done to hodge in that game...love armo because doesn't take s*** from anyone...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Can you tell us all the facts to come up with that or is it a case of the saints are always right and a player once they leave are arseholes.
Well...reading between the lines...isn't that what the club is hinting at? Seems pretty plain to me.

Glad the whole saga is now over for STK...thanks Luke, bring on Armo and Steven 2010!

Milton66
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Can YOU tell us some facts? Or does your contribution solely equate to sanctimonius criticism of other posters?

Seriously, apart from attacking others today, you have added very litle to the debate.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Well...reading between the lines...isn't that what the club is hinting at? Seems pretty plain to me.

Glad the whole saga is now over for STK...thanks Luke, bring on Armo and Steven 2010!
Yup, they do everything but state outright they were dealing with ar$eholes... wonder if Luke will post a farewell video message to his fans.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Yup, they do everything but state outright they were dealing with ar$eholes... wonder if Luke will post a farewell video message to his fans.
"Hello ex-fans, if you're watching this video, it means I've been recuited by Melbourne..."

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

On the topic of Luke Ball:

We don't know all the facts but it is clear that Luke Ball wanted to leave the Saints right from the start. It is clear that the Saints were going to protect their list right from the start.

My personal opinion is that while I am disappointed that they could not come to a resolution, I am not really disappointed that he has gone. We need to have players committed to the cause and within our own list, I believe there are players that will fill his role with honour, commitment and ability.

Good luck, Luke, but IMHO you and/or your management and/or your family have made a big mistake and you may be watching your old club running aroung the G next year with a cup in their hands. Maybe you can celebrate your 3 votes in Round 22 while you watch the Finals Series on TV. Is that what you wanted?

Good night

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Glad that this is finally sorted.

All the best Bally....All the best.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

After we win the flag in 2010

:oops: Ball .. life long regrets for leaving the club that looked after him

:roll: St kilda Club and Supporters initially for 1 second .... and then plenty of this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: celebration time and no room to harbour hard feelings
Last edited by samoht on Tue 10 Nov 2009 3:00pm, edited 3 times in total.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm quite sad it's come to this. It's a deadset shame. Oh well, I can't say I understand why its happened either *shrugs*

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Should this thread be now moved to the OPPOSITION area of the forum :?: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Meh. We were never going to get any compensation of actual worth. I'm not shattered on missing out on a late second round pick in a crap draft. And Armo has more potential to be a genuinely damaging player, so I'm not upset about his decision.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Not disappointed with that outcome at all.....

It gives someone else an opportunity and it must create room in the salary cap,i mean , if we were going to keep him we must have had room to pay him...

might be able to draft someone in the pre-season draft..a discard of merit,
or is that an oxymoron :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.