Luke names Essendon or COllingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Luke names Essendon or COllingwood

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5797732816

Could he give the supporters a bigger slap in the face? Carlton I guess.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Id rather he goes to Bombers, image Eddie bragging they got him for free after the draft fiasco

Before Im 85
FullMonty
Club Player

Go Dee's!

Nick Stevens didn't want to go to the Blues but was still a good player for them. They should make a stand and take him IMO

Montyrules!
goodie
Club Player

Hope he goes pick 11 or 18

backit
Club Player

"LUKE Ball's chances of becoming a Magpie are getting slimmer by the day with Brisbane Lions coach Michael Voss confirming that the club would attempt to recruit the former Saint whether he wanted to move north or not."

Don't underestimate Michael Voss getting him to the Loins according to todays Age. They have space in the salary cap to do it and he won't have a choice other than to stand out of footy for a year to get what he wants.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/vo ... 34192.html

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Freo or Port Adelaide as a Smokey would be fantastic!! :D 8-) :wink:

It is a bit disappointing that NOW he names Essendon... To think that if he had done it at the start of trade week, we could have got Ball for Lovett and still had our first pick... Pretty rubbish by Luke... I mean, yeah he wants out, yeah he was a good leader, and yeah he always tried his guts out for us... but the way this has been handled by him and Connors has been a mega kick in the teeth to the Saints!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:Freo or Port Adelaide as a Smokey would be fantastic!! :D 8-) :wink:

It is a bit disappointing that NOW he names Essendon... To think that if he had done it at the start of trade week, we could have got Ball for Lovett and still had our first pick... Pretty rubbish by Luke... I mean, yeah he wants out, yeah he was a good leader, and yeah he always tried his guts out for us... but the way this has been handled by him and Connors has been a mega kick in the teeth to the Saints!
agreed

really never allowed st kilda to get anything decient from the trade by just naming the pies...

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Hope he goes to a club he least wanted ...

Hope he goes to a club he least wanted ... He has completely shafted the SAINTS in the trade process - I am sure Essendon would have done a straight swap for LOVETT if BALL had of agreed to it at the time. Saving our pick 16 in the draft and all the dramas that his departure has cuased in the interim.

All the good wook the SAINTS did over the year has been blemmished by BALL a selfish little prat!

I stand by my comment that LYON should not involve himself in further trade weeks, instead allow impartial personnel to run the negotiations. It is obvious that the bruised egos had a lot to do with BALL's insistance on leaving ....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hope he goes to a club he least wanted ...

WinnersOnly wrote:Hope he goes to a club he least wanted ... He has completely shafted the SAINTS in the trade process - I am sure Essendon would have done a straight swap for LOVETT if BALL had of agreed to it at the time. Saving our pick 16 in the draft and all the dramas that his departure has cuased in the interim.

All the good wook the SAINTS did over the year has been blemmished by BALL a selfish little prat!

I stand by my comment that LYON should not involve himself in further trade weeks, instead allow impartial personnel to run the negotiations. It is obvious that the bruised egos had a lot to do with BALL's insistance on leaving ....
even if it would not be a straight swap we could have always put in a third rounder to sweeten

FQF
In richo I trust

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Should we start moving Luke Ball threads to the Opposition Forum? :lol: :lol: :wink:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

How come plugger66 hasn't posted in this thread yet?
Last edited by Moccha on Sun 15 Nov 2009 12:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another opportunity awaits!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I did notice that Caro hasn't fallen for the "Poor Luke-Evil Saints" line that is being bandied around on this subject.

Credit where credit is due !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Batnoe

Can the Lions be our best frends?

Saying they will use pick 27 to get Ball. They either have their eye on a player that may not be around their pick so that forces Essendon to take him with one of their earlier picks which therefore makes pick 27 -pick 26

At least it means Collingwood wont get him, If Dees, Bombers dont get him, then the Lions will...

No chance of going to Pies IMO and i thank the Lions for that, even if they dont want him, it forces Bombers to us one of their picks

ace
Saintsational Legend

Any club just so long as the Filth can't brag about how they beat the draft rules and got Ball for a pathetic pick 30 (worth 45 in an uncompromised draft).

But preferably Brisbane just so that Luke realises that he isn't so smart after all.

And Paul Connors is made to look like a clown who failed his client.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: And Paul Connors is made to look like a clown who failed his client.
I think that has been done already :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Can the Lions be our best frends?

Saying they will use pick 27 to get Ball. They either have their eye on a player that may not be around their pick so that forces Essendon to take him with one of their earlier picks which therefore makes pick 27 -pick 26

At least it means Collingwood wont get him, If Dees, Bombers dont get him, then the Lions will...

No chance of going to Pies IMO and i thank the Lions for that, even if they dont want him, it forces Bombers to us one of their picks
and Voss just looks at it as 'business' as he stated about club champion and frined Daniel Bradshaw-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i seriously dont care where he goes
i wish him all the best
but i really dont care what guernsey he puts on next year
good player: yes
lenny/roo/chips/gilbert like: no

i aint worried
and my care factor is sitting somewhere in the negative 8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

f***, when was the last time a high profile player entered the draft, the national albeit....without a clear plan of where he was going.

Still cant believe it.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Felt inclined to defend Luke for his actions; every player has the right to win the best deal possible for themselves in this day and age. He has a limited window to earn money and, look, who knows, perhaps he thinks his body won't last for much long and he wants to secure his financial future. Don't discount that - it's a powerful motivator for a smart guy who knows football may not provide him with many more years of prosperity.

However, I'm now a little irked by how he's positioned himself by nominating for the National draft. It's like he's so desperate to get away that he's prepared to take whatever other club he can.

I'm sure there's a logical, rational decision behind it but until those answers come, I feel he hasn't covered himself in glory.

It hasn't been a classy, dignified exit like Xavier Clarke. When his career is over, he'll always be welcome back at our club.

Not sure I could say that about Luke Ball - a tough thing to say given so many of us believed he embodied many of the finer qualities which we associate with this football club.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

What did Luke decide to name Essendon or Collingwood?

My hovercraft is full of eels :shock:

BakesFan
SS Life Member

I will not buy this record. It is scratched.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfn...219839871.html

"Essendon will use a pick (No. 9) in the 2009 pre-season draft. The club has four picks in next week's national draft (10, 24, 26 and 33), one of which it may use on former Saint Luke Ball, who has refused to talk to the club or be medically assessed."

Who does this guy think he is?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfn...219839871.html

"Essendon will use a pick (No. 9) in the 2009 pre-season draft. The club has four picks in next week's national draft (10, 24, 26 and 33), one of which it may use on former Saint Luke Ball, who has refused to talk to the club or be medically assessed."

Who does this guy think he is?
A Collingwood player? :?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Felt inclined to defend Luke for his actions; every player has the right to win the best deal possible for themselves in this day and age. He has a limited window to earn money and, look, who knows, perhaps he thinks his body won't last for much long and he wants to secure his financial future. Don't discount that - it's a powerful motivator for a smart guy who knows football may not provide him with many more years of prosperity.

However, I'm now a little irked by how he's positioned himself by nominating for the National draft. It's like he's so desperate to get away that he's prepared to take whatever other club he can.

I'm sure there's a logical, rational decision behind it but until those answers come, I feel he hasn't covered himself in glory.

It hasn't been a classy, dignified exit like Xavier Clarke. When his career is over, he'll always be welcome back at our club.

Not sure I could say that about Luke Ball - a tough thing to say given so many of us believed he embodied many of the finer qualities which we associate with this football club.
totally agree

unlike say judd it never felt that ball eer had his former club in his thoughts through this process. Judd made sure west coast would get something deceint, ball seemed just hell bent of getting to the pies. All of a sudden I respect judd more

FQF
In richo I trust

ace
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Felt inclined to defend Luke for his actions; every player has the right to win the best deal possible for themselves in this day and age. He has a limited window to earn money and, look, who knows, perhaps he thinks his body won't last for much long and he wants to secure his financial future. Don't discount that - it's a powerful motivator for a smart guy who knows football may not provide him with many more years of prosperity.

totally agree

unlike say judd it never felt that ball eer had his former club in his thoughts through this process. Judd made sure west coast would get something deceint, ball seemed just hell bent of getting to the pies. All of a sudden I respect judd more
Yes the facts speak for themselves - Judd got the money he wanted at Carlton but West Coast got pick 3, the previous plus one year's pick 4 player and pick 20.
Ball never bothered to ensure Collingwood would trade for him before nominating exclusively Collingwood.
Instead Collingwood traded for Darren Jolly.

I flush brown things like Luke Ball down my toilet every day.

In later years if he dares go near the club he will always feel uncomfortable.
He will remember he has betrayed the club and spat on it as he left.
He also knows that members will remember his behaviour, some may forgive but none will forget.

He will only ever feel comfortable at his new club, but never quite welcome.
Dempster, Schneider and King were among only a few Saints (the rest being unknowns) not to receive player sponsors last year and they came by way of trade.
Last edited by ace on Wed 18 Nov 2009 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08