The debacle of 2010's HOME jumper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The debacle of 2010's HOME jumper

Ok, I made comment in the other thread, but feel so strongly I had to make a thread of its own so you can howl me down or agree. For the love of God, someone PLEASE explain to0 me why we now consider it ok to mess with our HOME jumper? We shouldnt be messing with it in the first place, and when we do, it looks s*** !! What possible point is there in shrinking the white panel FFS?

If you don t think it matters, fair enough, shut the hell up and go read another thread. To me, you better fkn believe it matters, in this changing competition I hold it dear, and its all we really have left. Its sacred you morons at HQ, you hear me? I dont give a flying **** about marketing and all that bulls*** ok ?! You got the clash jumper , and NAB cup crappola jumper to try and make some beer money off! Just like the AFL, you dont own this club, you are just the current caretakers , you hear me ??!

Was there a poll on if we should be changing our HOME a jumper ? I bloody well hope so, I didnt hear of one. If you have just done this off your own bat with no consultation to members, your a disgusting disgrace!

Just to re iterate, if you dont care, top left there is a back button, move on. I bloody care and Im disgusted. fkn hell, can we hold onto anything of tradition anymore? Are we happy to sell out our home gurnsey for church money in extra sales? Who the **** would want to buy that crap anyway?

Yeah, I care !!! Im upset!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

for comparison- hard when it is just a picture at this point But I don['t see any difference over the last three years except maybe a black strip in the cuffs the distance the AFL logo is from the white appears the same to me.
Image 2009
Image2008
Image2010
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 20 Nov 2009 5:33pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Why does teh OP read so wide across the page?

ANd now back to the content of the OP.

WHat re teh differneces?
Changes to the collar and arm holes.
A slightly narrower white panel.

Is that all teh changes or are there more?

If so, that is certainly less dramatic a change than the 'hot cross bun' jumper we used for home games a few seasons back.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Why does teh OP read so wide across the page?

A slightly narrower white panel..

spread is my fault for putting the pictures side by side

and as I said I don't think it is - I think it's just that it's a picture not photo.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I still think it looks s***. AND the larger point...WHY ?!

markp
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:WHY ?!
>$

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: The debacle of 2010's HOME jumper

iwantmeseats wrote:Ok, I made comment in the other thread, but feel so strongly I had to make a thread of its own so you can howl me down or agree. For the love of God, someone PLEASE explain to0 me why we now consider it ok to mess with our HOME jumper? We shouldnt be messing with it in the first place, and when we do, it looks s*** !! What possible point is there in shrinking the white panel FFS?

If you don t think it matters, fair enough, shut the hell up and go read another thread. To me, you better fkn believe it matters, in this changing competition I hold it dear, and its all we really have left. Its sacred you morons at HQ, you hear me? I dont give a flying **** about marketing and all that bulls*** ok ?! You got the clash jumper , and NAB cup crappola jumper to try and make some beer money off! Just like the AFL, you dont own this club, you are just the current caretakers , you hear me ??!

Was there a poll on if we should be changing our HOME a jumper ? I bloody well hope so, I didnt hear of one. If you have just done this off your own bat with no consultation to members, your a disgusting disgrace!

Just to re iterate, if you dont care, top left there is a back button, move on. I bloody care and Im disgusted. fkn hell, can we hold onto anything of tradition anymore? Are we happy to sell out our home gurnsey for church money in extra sales? Who the **** would want to buy that crap anyway?

Yeah, I care !!! Im upset!
It's the way it has been for the last two seasons.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Sunday Red
Club Player

Get over it.

Some people piss and moan about the most trivial things.

shmic_s
Club Player

doesn't look different to me. i thought it had been a little thinner for a while now.
they do change them from at times thou, usually so the club can get more money from sales.
supporters are not going to replace them after each season. so the club changes them from time to time. marketing. money. survival.
as long as it is the st kilda football club out on the field, and the players are giving their all for the jumper, i'll continue to support the players & the club, including the marketing department.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

For some reason they always make the white panel look tiny in pictures, it should look the same.

What I don't understand is why they cant find some wy to get the Jeld Wen Logo to stay within the black panel. It just looks stupid having it go across the white section too...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Nattens
Club Player

Geezzz, the way this is going in 10 years we'll be Essendon

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The fact you haven't noticed it the previous two seasons tell's me the difference negliable.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Is the panel narrower - Or does it just appear so in the picture.

I noticed that straight away too - I assume it was just the illustration.

The white appears narrower when flat because the sides of red and black are included....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Is the panel narrower - Or does it just appear so in the picture.

I noticed that straight away too - I assume it was just the illustration.

The white appears narrower when flat because the sides of red and black are included....
this is correct.... hence the reason I found the jumpers- lenny 2009, the signed one 2008 the middle one 2010

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Cro
Club Player

^New jersey... looks fine to me..?

esaint66
SS Life Member

Picture taken from the Saints website homepage.

I think it may just be the ilustration that gives the illusion of thinner lines. They have got thinner, but not that thin.

Big fan of the cuff & collar though, i never really warmed to the piping, that's why i was immmediatly drawn to our clash jumper last year.

you don't mess with history.

starsign
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:For some reason they always make the white panel look tiny in pictures, it should look the same.

What I don't understand is why they cant find some wy to get the Jeld Wen Logo to stay within the black panel. It just looks stupid having it go across the white section too...
You've nailed it Armoooo! it's just the graphic interpretation
I've got one here and the white strip is only 3/4 the width of the black and red when its laid out flat Now when the jumper is actually worn ie in 3D the strips look the same width when face on!
Don't sweat it's the real deal as far as I'm concerned and i'm an old fart that hangs on tight to tradion on this one especially!!

asiu

don't forget me starsign :)

hows that scarf going?

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

To me, the 2010 guernsey heralds a return to a more traditional looking jumper with the removal of the black pin-striping in the sleeves/collar. First introduced in 2000.

When I lay down my 'Mortgage House' jumper from a few years ago, the white looks disproportionately thinner than the red and black & as starsign said, when worn, the colours become evenly proportioned.

I think the Saints will look great next year in the home and away season. The uninspiring, horizontal Geelong inspired rubbish they'll be wearing in the NAB cup, now that's another story

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:For some reason they always make the white panel look tiny in pictures, it should look the same.

i was talking to a member of the club about that a while back when we got jeld-wen as a sponsor. she said for the NAB of 07 or 08 whenever we got them on board we had the jeldwen inside the black only, in no box, just the writing, and there was major problems with that. jeld wen was not happy, the logo could hardly be seen from the front. so by the time the H&A started they had it enlarged and were selling off the jumpers with the smaller logos for $20 cheaper.
then the following year they got told off saying they want the back to be in a box also, as its too hard to read.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Finna
Club Player

You seriously have nothing better to do.

**** I wish life was that simple for me too.

Get over it!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

also, i was never a huge fan of that collar thingy, with the black line through it. it looks a bit better now i think without that black line, but do we really need it that think? why not something like collingwoods where they dont have one at all, i think essendon have moved away fom it also.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
esaint66
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:also, i was never a huge fan of that collar thingy, with the black line through it. it looks a bit better now i think without that black line, but do we really need it that think? why not something like collingwoods where they dont have one at all, i think essendon have moved away fom it also.

All adidas jumpers are collar and sleeveless.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Lenny looks mighty fine to me :lol: With his rippeling muscles in it, the white panel looks normal :oops:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SaintDebi
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Lenny looks mighty fine to me :lol: With his rippeling muscles in it, the white panel looks normal :oops:
Lenny would look mighty fine in a hession bag, Bev! :wink:

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.