Draft Tampering

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Draft Tampering

Thought I was Ok with LB going to the filth.
I WAS WRONG.
Luke and his manager put his name out in the market place well before the 2009 final series. St Kilda contract ignored.
WE STILL PLAY THE BASTARD
Collingwood don't make any noises about a fair trade. (No surprises there!)
Some big bastard from Sydney get the number one gig at Collingwood.
Another St Kilda contract ignored.
So many clubs express interest in picking up the ex Saint in the ND.
So many clubs are exposed as tossers.
Collingwood win again.
**** em.
The AFL are called to come down on draft tampering. Well if I smell a tamper than here it is.
Sorry. Collingwood are above all of this shite. My apologies.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Saintersss
Club Player

Do we need another thread...?

Nothing we can do about it.

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

No we don't need another thread.
Just like we don't need another Collingwood.
We as an AFL club should have known that the filth would have got their own way and so should have screwed them through the trade period.
If that meant pick 30, 40 or fuking 50 so be it.
In the end these bastards from Collingwood make the rest of us look like dick heads.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/afl ... -julg.html
Luke Ball wasn't what you'd call a draft resister or dodger. A draft navigator, perhaps

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So care to explain exactly how its draft tampering??

Melbourne could have picked him if they realllly wanted to, this asking price was still within their salary cap.

Last time I looked its not against the rules to refuse to speak to other Clubs. Might not be 100% ethical or in the spirit of the draft (and I dont like the way it was done either) but its not actually against the rules.

If Luke had been going to Hawthorn or the Bulldogs thre wouldnt be 1/2 this outcry, but because its Collingwood theres skulduggery afoot apparently?

Lets hold off on the bombastic bluster until Melbourne come out and say that the Pies are gonna give them the next 3 Queens Birthday game gate receipts for not drafting him..now THATs draft tampering 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So care to explain exactly how its draft tampering??

Melbourne could have picked him if they realllly wanted to, this asking price was still within their salary cap.

Last time I looked its not against the rules to refuse to speak to other Clubs. Might not be 100% ethical or in the spirit of the draft (and I dont like the way it was done either) but its not actually against the rules.

If Luke had been going to Hawthorn or the Bulldogs thre wouldnt be 1/2 this outcry, but because its Collingwood theres skulduggery afoot apparently?

Lets hold off on the bombastic bluster until Melbourne come out and say that the Pies are gonna give them the next 3 Queens Birthday game gate receipts for not drafting him..now THATs draft tampering 8-)
It's not 'draft tampering'.
That doesn't exist,
just like
'tanking' doesn't exist.
Dimwit has told us repeatedly that 'tanking' doesn't exist and now' that what Ball/Connors have done does not constitute 'draft tampering'.

Unfortuately may of us (I include myself) see things which seem to fit our definition of those terms, and whilst technically incorrect, resort to using those generic terms:-
'draft tampering'
and
'tanking'

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:So care to explain exactly how its draft tampering??

It's not 'draft tampering'.
That doesn't exist,
just like
'tanking' doesn't exist.
Dimwit has told us repeatedly that 'tanking' doesn't exist and now' that what Ball/Connors have done does not constitute 'draft tampering'.

Unfortuately may of us (I include myself) see things which seem to fit our definition of those terms, and whilst technically incorrect, resort to using those generic terms:-
'draft tampering'
and
'tanking'
Exactly.

These are not 'real' laws... it's the AFL's bat and ball, and it's the AFL's rules... all designed with enough wiggle room to be enforced or ignored at the AFL's discretion.

Barry Hall felling Goose, Siren Gate, Whispers, Bakes, etc... it always comes down to expediency, appearances, and above all protecting the AFL's interests and brand.

This stinks, but nothing will be done.

older saint
SS Life Member

Again the AFL uses terms witout guidelines or definitions. What is draft tampering= manipultaing the draft. Ok well waht is that?

No definition.

Perhaps if the AFL was fair dinkum any player nominated for the draft as a condition would have to make available full medical records to all clubs and also be available to talk to any club interetsed. ( yes theycould sit in a room and say nothing).

But will not do that as by taking this approach it allows them to keep players and the leaches that represent them ( most of them) away from the free agency argument.

Luke Bal goodbye, good ridence, and as sheedy once said " everytime we play this guy make him regret leaving"

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

[quote]Ball, who admitted to avoiding newspapers since deciding on quitting the Saints, said he left the matter in Connors’ hands.

“You know, from the time I nominated, no [clubs] had direct contact with me,â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saintbrat"][quote]Ball, who admitted to avoiding newspapers since deciding on quitting the Saints, said he left the matter in Connors’ hands.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

[quote="ace"][quote="saintbrat"][quote]Ball, who admitted to avoiding newspapers since deciding on quitting the Saints, said he left the matter in Connors’ hands.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Stop making excuses for him Joffa.

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="joffaboy"][quote="ace"][quote="saintbrat"][quote]Ball, who admitted to avoiding newspapers since deciding on quitting the Saints, said he left the matter in Connors’ hands.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA