Josh Duncan?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

Josh Duncan?

I believe that because he wasn't selected last night, we can now rookie list him by December 1st. Is this true?

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Duncan?

sax wrote:I believe that because he wasn't selected last night, we can now rookie list him by December 1st. Is this true?
Clubs have until 2PM 1 December to pre-select NSW scholarship players ahead of the rookie draft.
St Kilda has 2 rookie places reserved only for former scholarship holders.

The only issues from the club's perspective are finance and value for money.
Rookies have a salary and overhead costs to be paid.
Previous former NSW scholarship holders (Khan Haretuku) have proved to be a waste of money, running around in the Sandringham reserves for 2 years, before delisting.

The club is not exactly flooded with finances like Collingwood.
A dollar wasted is a dollar that could have been spent elsewhere.

Like 2,999 of the 3,000 aspirants at the national draft Josh Duncan and Ted Widner are willing to go anywhere to further their football careers.
In theory they can turn down a St Kilda contract because they only want to play for Collingwood.
In reality they will sign any offer and failing that go into the open rookie draft.

So it all comes down to St Kilda's finances and the club's assessment of their prospects of making it as senior AFL players.

Note that the AFL was providing clubs with the funding for the NSW scholarships.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Good call Ace.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Any news re the NSW Scholarship players?

The Saints website still lists all 4?
(maybe it hasn't been updated recently?)

goodie
Club Player

List lodgement 3 is 2pm tomorrow, will probably be published then

Junior
Club Player

Clubs had to nominate NSW Scholarship players and International rookies by 2PM.

The 2pm deadline tomorrow is to submit list which would include any further delistings.

So if he has not been nominated today then he can be rookied by anyone.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I heard on the grapevine that Josh has quite a troublesome hip injury and won't be able to play until half way through 2010. Can anyone elaborate?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I heard on the grapevine that Josh has quite a troublesome hip injury and won't be able to play until half way through 2010. Can anyone elaborate?
Josh Allen... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ace
Saintsational Legend

No news is bad news for Josh Duncan, Ted Widmer and David Moran.

If the club wanted these kids they had to Pre-Select them yesterday.
You would expect that would result in a club announcement.

List Lodgement No3 is due today and that will determine the Pre-Season and rookie draft order.
By days end we should have proof one way or the other.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
st1
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:I heard on the grapevine that Josh has quite a troublesome hip injury and won't be able to play until half way through 2010. Can anyone elaborate?
Spoke to Josh Duncans brother and asked why he was training with GWS at Blacktown in Sydney and he said that Josh had re-signed with the saints for another 12 months as a scholarship holder and was told that he will probably play a few games for sandy in july when fully fit saw some photos of him at GWS training he looks to have bulked up in the upper body. He will probably get a few games in the gws tac cup team as an over age player as they are allowed 3 in every game and will probably need them.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st1 wrote:
Spoke to Josh Duncans brother and asked why he was training with GWS at Blacktown in Sydney and he said that Josh had re-signed with the saints for another 12 months as a scholarship holder and was told that he will probably play a few games for sandy in july when fully fit saw some photos of him at GWS training he looks to have bulked up in the upper body. He will probably get a few games in the gws tac cup team as an over age player as they are allowed 3 in every game and will probably need them.
Can he be both a player for GWS and a Saints Scholarship player at the same time?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
st1 wrote:
Can he be both a player for GWS and a Saints Scholarship player at the same time?
why not...they want to develop these kids...he's still ours if we want him....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
st1
Club Player

st1 wrote:
yes all of the scholarship players from every club except the swans are training there under sheedy and allan mc connell heard 30 scholarship players and 20 players brought in from nt and act and riverina