Chatting with Armo's Folks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Chatting with Armo's Folks

I met Armo's Mum and Dad at Dolphin Heads Resort today. They are lovely people... Armo's Mum came up and introduced herself, as I was wearing my Saints polo.

Spoke to them for a little while about all things St. Kilda F.C and I asked about Armo's plans once his contract comes up at the end of 2010.
I mentioned to Armo's Dad that The Gold Coast are likely to offer Armo a hell of lot more than the Saints will, and his response was; "Well David's management will probably encourage him to go, but it's not all about the money. David's very happy at The Saints."

Armo's Dad is tipping David to be playing on Luke Ball in the Round 3 game vs The Filth.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I hope he has 25 touches, 9 tackles (8 on Ball) and kicks 3 just to remind Luke what those big long white things at the end of the ground are used for.....

yeah yeah its not nice but frk him.

“Yeah….nah””
Shaggy
Club Player

Thats really nice.

I hope you mentioned his brother is on the site and adds a lot because he is proud.

And so he should be. We really need Armo and lets hope he will make the difference next year.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

They did mention that Armo's heading up to Townsville to see his bro over the Chrissie break.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:Thats really nice.

I hope you mentioned his brother is on the site and adds a lot because he is proud.

And so he should be. We really need Armo and lets hope he will make the difference next year.

His brother?

Who is that?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

That is so cute of the parents, to approach someone in saints gear just so they can have a chat about their son...I love it :)

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Solar
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
not hard to work out, do some homework :P

nice story, always interesting wearing your saints gear up in QLD, good times :D

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... ht=#865117

Read this thread, it's not hard to work out :wink:

Batnoe

clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
DRWOODROW

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

His parents sound like lovely people.

We are all very excited to see what Armo can do next year, as we all have seen that he can be do some pretty special things and Ross has suggested that he has done a good apprenticeship.

But, although he is probably the most suitable replacement for Ball's role, we shouldn't expect miracles from him. He is still young and there is no quick fix for centre-man.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
not hard to work out, do some homework :P

nice story, always interesting wearing your saints gear up in QLD, good times :D
Thats cause we are all starved of footy :D

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
DRWOODROW
Cheers, wow didnt know that at all....

DWOODROW
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
DRWOODROW
There is no R buddy but thanks for that. Now I am out there. :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell

DRWOODROW
Can we call you "The Doctor" from now on :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:That is so cute of the parents, to approach someone in saints gear just so they can have a chat about their son...I love it :)

+1

DWOODROW
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell

DRWOODROW
Can we call you "The Doctor" from now on :wink:

Hahhaha, Not a very good one. :lol:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chatting with Armo's Folks

BakesFan wrote: Armo's Dad is tipping David to be playing on Luke Ball in the Round 3 game vs The Filth.
I can just picture Lyon informing him he's playing on Ball, followed by a lingering look that says it all.

What a year he has before him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
BakesFan wrote: Armo's Dad is tipping David to be playing on Luke Ball in the Round 3 game vs The Filth.
I can just picture Lyon informing him he's playing on Ball, followed by a lingering look that says it all.

It's not very ladylike, but I hope he opens up a can on him! 8-)

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
markp wrote:

Yup, I wanna see a torn filth jumper and Ball down on his haunches sucking air.... :twisted:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:
markp wrote:

Yup, I wanna see a torn filth jumper and Ball down on his haunches sucking air.... :twisted:
Understand the sentiment, however I would prefer to see Armo ripping the ball out from under packs, getting about 20 contested possessions, 5 inside 50's and 10 tackles, all the while with Ball, chasing his tail and being dragged over and over, playing 51% game time and texting his manager from the bench complaining that he is unloved at Collingwood :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:
markp wrote:

Understand the sentiment, however I would prefer to see Armo ripping the ball out from under packs, getting about 20 contested possessions, 5 inside 50's and 10 tackles, all the while with Ball, chasing his tail and being dragged over and over, playing 51% game time and texting his manager from the bench complaining that he is unloved at Collingwood :wink:
And demanding a trade to Essendon :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i really wanna see armo and hopefully gears get some serious game time this year
hopefully young gears has put on a few kilos and armo is increasing that tank
this is our future.
great story bakes
obviously they are super proud of him, and if that happened to me id actually be super chuffed that they took the time to come over and chat.
obviously wearing a saints top in qld in off season shows that ya a true legend of a fan and they prob also wanted to acknowledge that maybe.

thats pretty cool of em
and im sure those who are up north will see them at the cocktail function coming up
8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
DRWOODROW

Haha, i think i asked you how you knew something a while back but I never checked it - had a look and it says it in that thread.

Well done, especially appreciate all the info about Armo/Saints that you provide.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

His brother?

Who is that?
Id like to know aswell
DRWOODROW

Haha, i think i asked you how you knew something a while back but I never checked it - had a look and it says it in that thread.

Well done, especially appreciate all the info about Armo/Saints that you provide.
He doesn't like me to but I'm proud of the little bugger and Know what he is capable of. Love him to death. I really want footy season to start.