I'm very worried!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

I'm very worried!

i am hoping like crazy that this lovett incident has not badly disrupted our training, and hasn't effected our players concentration on what matters most THAT 2010 FLAG!!! I'd hate to be a downer but i just worry that this incident may cost us our flag due to a very disrupted pre season. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG SAINTS!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

it will be disruptive to them....or some of them...can't help that......gram in particular...he's likely to be called as a witness if the matter goes to trial...along with up to two other sainters....

..but...hopefully...once they get on the track...then into the season...the disruptive influence will diminish.....

ps...been disruptive to lovett.....and our hopes...
Last edited by stinger on Sun 10 Jan 2010 3:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Yup, human lives are probably in ruins because of this... but so long as the boys dont get too distracted from their training and what's really important.......

Far out... it's just footy.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Yup, human lives are probably in ruins because of this... but so long as the boys dont get too distracted from their training and what's really important.......

In fairness to the OP Mark...(and I like your work frequently)....this IS a football forum......the forum on life's wrongs/rights and injustices is probably somehwere else...

“Yeah….nah””
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: I'm very worried!

SaintSimmo wrote:i am hoping like crazy that this lovett incident has not badly disrupted our training, and hasn't effected our players concentration on what matters most THAT 2010 FLAG!!! I'd hate to be a downer but i just worry that this incident may cost us our flag due to a very disrupted pre season. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG SAINTS!!!
I think the majority of us are worried about how this has affected our pre-season and the playing group as a whole.

Lovett has been suspended and will not be involved with the Saints in any way, shape or form until further notice, but I know it's not so simple to just wipe their hands clean of this matter.

It's a cliche, but all we can do is have faith in the physical and mental toughness of the playing group.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:Yup, human lives are probably in ruins because of this... but so long as the boys dont get too distracted from their training and what's really important.......

In fairness to the OP Mark...(and I like your work frequently)....this IS a football forum......the forum on life's wrongs/rights and injustices is probably somehwere else...
I think it's fair enough to discuss all the ramifications etc.... but surely discretion and tact are advisable, especially when referring to the 'distress' caused to us as supporters.
hasn't effected our players concentration on what matters most THAT 2010 FLAG!!! I'd hate to be a downer but i just worry that this incident may cost us our flag due to a very disrupted pre season

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I think it's fair enough to discuss all the ramifications etc.... but surely discretion and tact are advisable, especially when referring to the 'distress' caused to us as supporters.
hasn't effected our players concentration on what matters most THAT 2010 FLAG!!! I'd hate to be a downer but i just worry that this incident may cost us our flag due to a very disrupted pre season
In an alleged incident as horrible as this for me it goes without saying that the ultimate distress is obviously with the victim....but again........in the context of this site I get where the OP is coming from.

I dont think any post Ive read on here has sought to lesson the obvious impacts that the alleged act would have had on the victim.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:

i think we have all expressed our feelings and regret for the true victim already.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:

In an alleged incident as horrible as this for me it goes without saying that the ultimate distress is obviously with the victim....but again........in the context of this site I get where the OP is coming from.

I dont think any post Ive read on here has sought to lesson the obvious impacts that the alleged act would have had on the victim.
"What matters most THAT 2010 FLAG!"... is a bit rich given the circumstances, I think.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm very worried!

SaintSimmo wrote:i am hoping like crazy that this lovett incident has not badly disrupted our training, and hasn't effected our players concentration on what matters most THAT 2010 FLAG
As Yabbie Jeans used to say, crisis creates opportunity. Lovett's alleged indiscretion will open up the spot earmarked for him to someone else.

It will be up to the guys presented this opportunity to grab it and make something of it.

I'm confident that the club is in good enough hands so as not to let this effect our focus on the 2010 flag.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:

"What matters most THAT 2010 FLAG!"... is a bit rich given the circumstances, I think.
I don't think it is. As Teflon alludes to, I think most if not all posters feel sympathy for the alleged victim. However this is a footy forum and us sainters have been waiting a long time for the flag that got way in 2009.

Why is it not reasonable to still regard that as a priority, or should we just forget why we are all here just because of something that someone who has been at the club for a few weeks, and may never play for us, allegedly did?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:

I don't think it is. As Teflon alludes to, I think most if not all posters feel sympathy for the alleged victim. However this is a footy forum and us sainters have been waiting a long time for the flag that got way in 2009.

Why is it not reasonable to still regard that as a priority, or should we just forget why we are all here just because of something that someone who has been at the club for a few weeks, and may never play for us, allegedly did?
You think expecting a degree of tact and perspective given the context is unreasonable?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:
markp wrote:
Teflon wrote:

You think expecting a degree of tact and perspective given the context is unreasonable?
Not at all markp. I think there has been a fair bit of tact shown. All I am saying is that most people agree that what matters the most overall is that the (alleged) victim is okay however what matters most in the context of this forum is THAT 2010 FLAG.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Not at all markp. I think there has been a fair bit of tact shown. All I am saying is that most people agree that what matters the most overall is that the (alleged) victim is okay however what matters most in the context of this forum is THAT 2010 FLAG.
Exactly... and without overly labouring the point (too late!)... it all comes down to context.

I just dont think starting a thread about the incident, and then stating the thing that matters most... etc... is cool. That's all.

Try saying to the player whose ex is allegedly the victim "dont let this 'alleged rape' distract you from what matters most- the 2010 flag..."

See how you go.

Aside from that we are in furious agreement....

SaintSimmo
Club Player

I would like to clarify myself here about my post. I posted that the most important thing for the stkilda fc is to win the 2010 flag. Our premiership window is still open and imo it has only 2 to 3 years before it shuts. Now during the trade period we recieved andrew lovett from essendon to help us win that flag. We are the team to give him a second chance at playing afl and he goes and completely disrespects our club. He has had one minor incident and now a very serious allegation of rape agaisnt him which is under investigation. No matter weather it is proved true or false it has been disrupting our pre season training and has given the coaching staff extra issues and stress on their minds. Even if the allegations are false this childish player needs to pull his head in, because his behaviour suggests that he doesn't care about playing footy for the greatest team in the league. In the clubs mind i would think that the 2010 flag is what matters, most whether andrew is part of that i dont know.

Milton66
SS Life Member

I'm sh1tting bricks.

The ancient Mayans have predicted the end of the world in 2012... so we'd better win it this year or next.

Nothing else matters.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:I'm sh1tting bricks.

The ancient Mayans have predicted the end of the world in 2012... so we'd better win it this year or next.

Nothing else matters.
21st Dec 2012 so we have got three chances :wink:

Stuff Lovett - had enough of the d1ckhead.

I've moved on. Never saw him in Saints colours, never was a Saint AFAIAC.

I am just pretending that #16 is in the reserves learniung his trade and we will see him in two or three years.

Lovett done and dusted.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Nothing else matters.

I am just pretending that #16 is in the reserves learniung his trade and we will see him in two or three years.

Lovett done and dusted.
agreed.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

If it's disruptive to the players, they are not tough enough to win the flag.

Steve Johnson had his issues and played in two premierships.

Good night.

Batnoe

Was he a mole?

I mean was he planted here?

Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

Nothing else matters.

Lovett done and dusted.
True, but even the Mayans did not predict the uncompromised drafts... and seeing that the AFL will do everything possible fro GC17 and West Sydney to win a flag... I reckon it's this year or bust.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm worried I may die before seeing a flag.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I'm worried I may die before seeing a flag.
Before the draft was introduced, that was a real possibility but not any more....IMHO.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Before the draft was introduced, that was a real possibility but not any more....IMHO.
Still a big possibility , every thing needs to go just right, as it did for us last season and we still failed, after 97 many were saying that we were ready for another crack...... :oops:
Draft or not .... I'm not a religious person but for those that are, if there is an after life could you please let me know if we get one?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
You reckon do ya ? :D I hope your right!

I think for us next year its ALL about injuries, another run like 09 (somehow) will see us with a real chance.