GF - a minute to go and five goals up - and then...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

GF - a minute to go and five goals up - and then...

....a meteor strikes Melbourne. I was just wondering whether anyone else has had this dream?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: GF - a minute to go and five goals up - and then...

perfectionist wrote:....a meteor strikes Melbourne. I was just wondering whether anyone else has had this dream?
sorry are you high?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: GF - a minute to go and five goals up - and then...

perfectionist wrote:....a meteor strikes Melbourne. I was just wondering whether anyone else has had this dream?
Yes, in my dream the meteor was named Demetriou.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

My dream was that we were 5 points down and RL put me down at Full Forward. I take the mark and the siren goes. Then I wake up.... :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:My dream was that we were 5 points down and RL put me down at Full Forward. I take the mark and the siren goes. Then I wake up.... :wink:

Back to sleep Mil, I need to know if we get up :shock:

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I had the same dream last week - 5 goals up and we were all singing before the siren - no meteorite though .... and no siren :shock: I woke up! :cry:

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

If a meteor struck/WWIII broke out/Tim Fl*nnery sailed into Melbourne on a floating iceberg, crushing all in his path, then:

we would not "win" but we would not "lose" either. The Premiership would be postponed declared null and void.

If you think about it the game v Ess%ndon at Waverley in '96 (when the lights went out...I was there!) should have been declared a non-match as it couldn't be completed in the allotted time. Instead the AFL organised a Tuesday night clash. can't be called a replay because it was two short quarters and basically She$dy "cheated" by changing his playing list.

Likewise "Sirengate" by every precedent in AFL history was a draw. The match is not over until the UMPIRE INDICATES BY RAISING BOTH ARMS. The AFL "changed history" and awarded the game to Freo! We could have challenged this ruling in the High Court! No doubt the AFL will change the result of the 1980 night grand final (the siren had already gone when Kerry Good of "North" marked and goaled to win the match).

That's twice we've been dudded by the AFL.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:If a meteor struck/WWIII broke out/Tim Fl*nnery sailed into Melbourne on a floating iceberg, crushing all in his path, then:

we would not "win" but we would not "lose" either. The Premiership would be postponed declared null and void.

If you think about it the game v Ess%ndon at Waverley in '96 (when the lights went out...I was there!) should have been declared a non-match as it couldn't be completed in the allotted time. Instead the AFL organised a Tuesday night clash. can't be called a replay because it was two short quarters and basically She$dy "cheated" by changing his playing list.

Likewise "Sirengate" by every precedent in AFL history was a draw. The match is not over until the UMPIRE INDICATES BY RAISING BOTH ARMS. The AFL "changed history" and awarded the game to Freo! We could have challenged this ruling in the High Court! No doubt the AFL will change the result of the 1980 night grand final (the siren had already gone when Kerry Good of "North" marked and goaled to win the match).

That's twice we've been dudded by the AFL.
Yeah, whatever.

My point was, if we get anywhere near the GF this year, it will require a great deal of luck to win it. As it turns out (as if we didn't know), the more often you make it the more luck you have (eg Geelong, PA). Although this doesn't always work, some teams fluke a flag (eg Hawthorn), it is a fair guide.

We were "lucky" in 2009 in terms of injuries and fixture. The weather (unexpected) and woeful kicking for goal (expected) in the GF killed us.

Any Saints fan out there who thinks a finals berth is a walk up start in 2010 is in la-la-land. Never before has a Melbourne based team been "drawn" to play EVERY interstate team away. If we win two of these we will be lucky. The best H&A result we are looking at is 14/8.

So, expect a top 8 finish, but don't expect any more. Expect (and hope for) an average year with injures, but no more. Expect - after 44 years - the expected.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Yes, we're all on the same side aren't we?

We can't get the past back, especially '09. My point was about the Freo game that it directly cost us a top four spot (the extra 2 points would have put us in). It's been shown that with the "new" final 8 (has it been going for 10 years?) no one outside the top 4 has won the flag.

Yeah, I agree 2010 won't be a walk in the park. We could have an indifferent start to the year like in '05. But like '05 I hope we come home with a wet sail (and I'd love to see another Kozzi "purple patch" like he had that year!) and this time around get through the Prelim!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.