Saints in your city Brsibane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mark
Club Player

Saints in your city Brsibane

Went to Coorparoo for the Saints in your city this morning. My boys are too old for footy clinics but one of my sons works for AFLQ (and of course he is a Saints fan) so we just had to go along...here are a few photos. The Saints players were great. Armo couldn't make according to Nick Dal Santo due to slight hip soreness.Cheers Mark

Sunday Red
Club Player

The playing surface looks in pristine nick!

Newman
Club Player

Hey Mark I was there too.
At first I thought your son was one of the Saints rookies.

Great morning, very hot. Gilbo was asked what team he barracked for as a kid .... didn't want to say - finally confessed it was Geelong. Like probably every other Saint player (and fan) hasn't watched the Grand Final. Forgetting the last quarter of the GF .... what a absolutely magnificent season the boys gave us in 2009.

Mark
Club Player

Hey Newman,
It was a great day I thought,and a good turn up of kids I reckon (maybe 70-80 kids),after all we are a long way from StKilda!.

Yep my son would love to be a Saints rookie, and he's training hard to
get a senior game with Aspley, he was wrapped to see some of them
at "Fridays" last night and he had a bit of a chat with #26.

Fingers crossed for the 2010 season.
Cheers Mark

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Actually there was 120 kids there, possibly more. Stinking hot day. Players very friendly and obliging as always.

Cocktail Party was great, numbers low, but the good side of that was that there was plenty of time to talk to players. They were wonderful.

There was a lovely moment that warmed the heart. Jack Steven was being interviewed, great guy but a bit shy and still coming to terms with being in the limelight. You could just tell he was relieved when it was over. When he sat down, Sammy Gilbert gave him a big bear hug and ruffled his hair. Then all the boys just reached over and tapped him on the shoulder. It was so nice to see.

No wonder I love these boys, they are all so nice and very united. :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Mark
Club Player

I'm not great at estimating crowds,but 120 kids is a great result...I tend to understate matters....yes the players were fantastic with the kids and signing jumpers,posters etc and having photos taken with fans.A great day indeed.